One of the most prominent features of Windows is its ability to print documents to PDF. It is a very handy tool given that PDF has become the go-to format for almost all printing needs. The robustness and freedom that pdf format provides is the major reason why even professionals prefer it. Microsoft bet its money on developing XPS as a viable competitor of PDF, even releasing Print to Microsoft XPS as an inbuilt feature of Windows. But unfortunately, XPS never caught on. And eventually, Microsoft switched its ride to PDF and introduced Microsoft Print to PDF feature on the Windows platform. Today, we are going to discuss how to create PDF file in Windows 11.
How to Create PDF File in Windows 11
As previously stated, any document may be printed or created in PDF format using Windows built-in Print to PDF printer. Read the How to add or reinstall Microsoft PDF Printer Driver guide by Microsoft to use the same.
Following are the steps to create PDF file on Windows 11 using Print to PDF feature:
1. Open the Document. Click on File in the menu bar then, select the Print… option as depicted below.
Note: You can also press Ctrl + P keys simultaneously to open Print window which is supported on the majority of the applications available for Windows OS.
2. In the Print window, select Microsoft Print to PDF under Select Printer section, as illustrated below.
3. Then, click on the Print button to create PDF file format.
4. Now, select the Directory where you want to save PDF file in the Save Print Output As window.
5. Finally, type File name and then, click on Save, as shown.
6. Press Windows + E keys together to open File Explorer
7. Navigate to the Directory where you saved the PDF file.
Here, you will be able to view, access, edit or share the saved PDF file.
- How to Download and Install Bing Wallpaper for Windows 11
- How to Remove Watermarks From Word Documents
- Fix Microsoft Office Not Opening on Windows 10
- How to Fix PDFs Not Opening in Chrome
We hope this article helped you understand how to create PDF file in Windows 11 using Print to PDF feature in Windows 11. Send us your suggestions and queries by using the comment section below. You can also reach out to us to let us know what topic you want to read next.