Twitch is a famous video-sharing site where you can watch videos for free. Twitch is a very famous social media site. So, there are some common problems users face, and they ask questions like how to watch Twitch on TV. If you stick to this article to the end, we can assure you that you’ll get answers to the question, like how to watch Twitch on smart TV and how to cast Twitch to Samsung TV.
How to Watch Twitch on TV
You will get to know how to watch Twitch on TV further in this article. Keep reading to learn more about it in detail.
Twitch or YouTube: Which is Better for Streaming?
Whenever you talk about video sharing and streaming platforms, then two names come to mind one is Twitch and the other one is YouTube. Both are the same in some ways, they share some common features, but they are different.
- Google owns YouTube, whereas Amazon owns Twitch.
- On YouTube, you can upload recorded videos and live videos. In Twitch, it is the same. However, streaming is what this platform is known for.
- All types of creators use YouTube. However, Twitch is mainly used by gamers.
- Both of these platforms use different algorithms.
- Both offer monetization program, but the requirement is different.
- YouTube is available for your smart TV; however, you will not find Twitch pre-installed in your smart TV.
So, after reading this, you may have an idea about both of the sites. Now let’s see some options for using Twitch on smart TV.
Also Read: How to Get Paramount Plus on TV
How to Watch Twitch on Smart TV?
You can use two methods to watch Twitch on smart TV. You can download it from the app store on your smart TV or cast it from mobile to your smart TV. We will discuss both of the methods in this article. And we are sure it will solve your issue of how to cast Twitch to TV.
Method 1: From Official Twitch Website
Note: The following steps are performed on Samsung Smart TV.
1. Open the WEB BROWSER on your Smart TV.
2. Now, navigate to the Twitch website.
3. Select Log In from the top right corner of the screen and get into your Twitch account with credentials.
Note: Select Sign up to create a new Twitch account if you don’t have one already.
4. Browse and Search for the desired video and stream you want to watch.
Method 2: Download from App Store
You can download Twitch app from the Samsung TV store:
1. Press the Home button on the Samsung TV remote.
2B. Press the right arrow button to navigate to the option titled APPS to view and select from the Recommended Apps list.
2. Select the Search icon and search for the Twitch app.
3. Install and Sign In to the app and enjoy watching videos of your favorite streamer.
Also Read: How to Change Twitch Chat Color on Mobile
Method 3: Cast Twitch from Mobile
You can also cast the Twitch app from your mobile phone to your TV.
Option I: From Android Phone
Note: Since Android smartphones do not have the same Settings options, they vary from manufacturer to manufacturer. Hence, ensure the correct settings before changing any on your device.
1. Connect your smart TV and smartphone with the same Wi-Fi network.
2. Enable the Screen Cast feature on your Android phone.
3. On your TV, go to the input source menu and select the screen mirroring smart view or a similar option. Your TV should now start searching for nearby devices that are available for screen mirroring.
4. On your phone, select your TV from the list of available devices. You should now see your phone’s screen mirrored on your TV.
5. Open the Twitch app on your Android phone and see the streaming on your TV.
The exact steps for doing this will vary depending on the make and model of your TV and phone or tablet. You may need to consult the user manuals or look for specific instructions online.
Option II: From iPhone
1. Launch the App Store on your iPhone and tap on the search tab.
2. Search Replica in the search bar from the top.
3. Tap on GET and let the app download and install.
4. Launch the Replica app on your iPhone. Now you can see all the TV options in the Connect section.
Note: If your Samsung TV is not showing up, you can do so easily. Go to Settings > Network > Screen Mirroring.
5. Tap on your TV name followed by Start broadcasting.
Here are the other similar apps you can use instead of Replica for screen mirroring iPhone to Samsung TV full screen:
Also Read: Guide to Download Twitch VODs
Method 4: Use Tubio App
If the screencast feature is not working on your smart TV, you can alternatively use the Tubio app. The best thing is that it is available for Android and IOS users.
1. Open Google Play Store on your smartphone and download the Tubio app.
Note: Make sure your phones and smart TVs are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
2. Open the Tubio app and search for the official Twitch website.
3. Tap on the Tv icon in the Tubio app and search for your smart TV.
4. Tap on the name of your TV and cast Twitch.
We hope this will solve your issue of how to watch Twitch on TV.
Note: But what if you question how to cast Twitch to Samsung tv or your LG TV? They don’t use Android and have their OS installed on their TV. Although both have their own App Store, and you can download Twitch from there, you can use the casting method if you don’t want to download an extra app.
- What does Mobile Only Price Mean on Booking.com?
- How to Clear Cache on Smart TV
- Fix Twitch Not Working on Chrome
- Twitch Commands for Broadcaster
So, we hope you have understood how to watch Twitch on TV with the detailed steps to your aid. You can let us know any queries or suggestions about any other topic you want us to make an article on. Drop them in the comments section below for us to know.