If you are a tech savvy who likes to be on top of the game, troubleshooting tech errors might be among your favorite things. But if there is something which troubles even professionals, it is screen mirroring iPhone to Samsung TV not working. There can be many reasons for this which further makes it difficult to resolve the issue. Nonetheless, this article will help you if you also struggling with how do I get my Samsung TV to recognize my iPhone.
- How to Fix Screen Mirroring iPhone to Samsung TV Not Working
- How Do I Get my Samsung TV to Recognize my iPhone
- Method 1: Use HDMI Cable
- Method 2: Troubleshoot Internet Connection
- Method 3: Restart Device
- Method 4: Update Device
- Method 5: Mirror Screen Using MiraCast
- Method 6: Contact Samsung TV Customer Support
How to Fix Screen Mirroring iPhone to Samsung TV Not Working
Be it a fun Christmas recipe you want to try with kids or simply a movie for the weekend, screen mirroring is the best option. But if you an iPhone user then you might often struggle with it. Continue reading this article till the end to know how you can fix the screen mirroring issue with iPhone not showing up on Samsung TV.
How Do I Get my Samsung TV to Recognize my iPhone
Many times, TV fails to recognize an external device be it Xbox, PlayStation, or iPhone. In this case, here are a number of things you can do for how do I get my samsung TV to recognize my iPhone.
- Ensure that you have enabled AirPlay on your Samsung TV.
- If you are using an HDMI cable, try inserting it in different ports.
- Always check that the model of your Samsung TV and iPhone are compatible for screen mirroring. If not then you can use third-party applications like Replica, Miracast, and Chromecast for the same.
- Disable Bluetooth on Samsung TV from the Settings menu.
- Turn off the auto protection time feature on Samsung TV.
- Connect Samsung TV and iPhone to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Use a different iPhone and if this resolves the issue then there is something wrong with the earlier smartphone.
- Remove all physical obstructions between the iPhone and the TV.
- Set the source on Samsung TV the same as the port in which you have attached HDMI cable.
Method 1: Use HDMI Cable
If wireless connection is not your cup of tea, you can always use an HDMI cable for the same. This can potentially help with screen mirroring iPhone to Samsung TV not working.
- Insert HDMI cable to its adapter to establish a connected between iPhone and TV.
- Next, insert one end of the cable to your iPhone.
- Connect the other end with your Samsung TV.
- Press the home button on your remote and select Source.
- Finally, select HDMI and check if the issue has been resolved.
Note: You can also connect the HDMI cable to a different port and select a new source accordingly. If the issue resolves, then your port is faulty. But if the issue does not go away then continue troubleshooting.
Method 2: Troubleshoot Internet Connection
now that you know how do I get my Samsung TV to recognize my iPhone, let us move forward with the fixes. Smart TVs require interrupted internet connection for features like screen mirroring to operate smoothly. However, in its absence, these features become inaccessible which may cause failed downloads, interrupted updates, and TVs not detecting an external device. It is also essential to remember that both your devices must be connected to the same Wi-Fi to mirror screen.
To determine whether or not this is the real culprit in your case, you can try troubleshooting internet connection. For this, you can read out in-depth guide on how to restart or reset router and modem to establish a fresh connection.
Also Read: Fix Hulu Not Working on Samsung TV
Method 3: Restart Device
Restarting is an essential aspect of maintaining the health of your devices. Doing so help users to clear background processes and boost the overall speed within seconds. Apart from this, it also prevents screen freezing, sign-in troubles, and may provide relief to fix screen mirroring iPhone to Samsung TV not working.
Option I: Restart iPhone
The best part about restarting iPhone is that you can have a fully working device by simply performing a reboot. It can also potentially solve temporary problems and refresh the entire system. For this, you can read our detailed article on How to Restart iPhone X.
Option II: Restart Samsung TV
Another option is to reboot your Samsung TV.
1. Turn on your Samsung TV.
2. Press and hold the power button on the remote until the TV turns off.
3. Release the button once it turns on.
Also Read: Fix Black Screen Issue on Samsung Smart TV
Method 4: Update Device
Updating your device timely is essential to avoid lagging and screen freezing. This also helps in removing existing bugs and updating the technical capabilities of the device. In your case, it can solve screen mirroring iPhone to Samsung not working.
Option I: Update iPhone
By taking a few minutes and updating your iPhone to the latest version, you can get rid of malware which might be causing this issue. For this, read out in-depth guide to update iPhone given below and check if the issue has been resolved.
1. Navigate to the iPhone Settings app.
2. Tap on General from the menu.
3. Then, tap on Software Update.
4. Tap on Download and Install.
Note: Select Continue or Cancel if you get a message asking you to remove some apps temporarily so that iOS can update.
5A. If you want the update to occur immediately, tap on the Install option.
5B. Or, if you tap on Install Tonight and plug your iOS device into power before you sleep, your device will be updated automatically overnight.
Note: You are also given the option to install the software later by choosing to Remind Me Later.
Option II: Update Samsung TV
1. Press Home button on your Samsung TV remote.
2. Go to Settings.
2. Next, go to Support and select Software Update from the menu.
3. Now select Update Now and wait for the device to update successfully.
4. Finally, press OK.
Method 5: Mirror Screen Using MiraCast
Using third-party apps like MiraCast is another effective solution if you are unable to mirror screen your iPhone. It can help you stay wireless and might fix screen mirroring iPhone to Samsung TV not working efficiently.
1. Launch App Store on your iPhone and tap on the search icon.
2. Search Miracast Screen Mirroring in the search bar.
3. Tap on the download option and let the app install on your iPhone.
4. Now, launch the app and tap on screen mirroring icon at the top right corner.
Wait for the app to scan and tap on your TV to mirror screen.
Also Read: Fix Screen Mirroring Amazon Firestick Issues
Method 6: Contact Samsung TV Customer Support
If the above-mentioned methods were unable to resolve screen mirroring issue on your Samsung TV, you can always try contacting the Samsung TV customer support group. You can get in touch with experts via chat or call according to your preference.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. Why is my Samsung TV screen mirroring not working?
Ans. Your Samsung TV might not be working because your devices are not connected to the same Wi-Fi network or you have not updated your Samsung TV. It is also possible that your internet connection is unstable which can hinder with the screen mirroring process.
Q2. How do I get my Samsung TV to recognize my iPhone?
Ans. Netizens often face this error when they are trying to mirror their iPhone on a Samsung TV. As stated earlier in the article, numerous reasons can potentially cause this issue. You can use the above-mentioned methods to resolve it quickly and efficiently.
Q3. Why won’t my iPhone mirror to my TV?
Ans. Your iPhone will not mirror to TV if you have not updated your devices or they are not connected to the same network.
- What is Bot Attacks?
- Why are My Notifications Not Making Sound on iPhone?
- 11 Easy Solutions to Fix Apps Not Working on Samsung TV
- 8 Ways to Fix Unable to Start Screen Mirroring Because of a Hardware Issue
We hope that this article helped you to fix screen mirroring iPhone to Samsung TV not working. If so, let us know about your reviews and suggestions in the comments down below. Also share with us what you would like to read next.