Entertainment takes a new form when the user interface and handling are better. One such dedicated device is the Samsung Smart TV. If you are using a Samsung Smart TV, you might have encountered error model bind Samsung community. To be more specific, the error message may be displayed as Network is not connected. Check Network Settings to use Internet Services. (ERROR_MODEL_BIND). In this case, you may not be able to use the TV for regular operations. You can use the methods given in the article to fix this error message.
- How to Fix Error Model Bind on Samsung TV
- Method 1: Basic Troubleshooting Methods
- Method 2: Restart Samsung TV
- Method 3: Modify Brightness Level
- Method 4: Set Date and Time Manually
- Method 5: Clear Cache Files and Data
- Method 6: Update TV Firmware
- Method 7: Change DNS Servers
- Method 8: Reset Smart Hub
- Method 9: Perform Factory Reset
- Pro Tip: Use Samsung Smart TV Remote App
How to Fix Error Model Bind on Samsung TV
If the error occurs in the Samsung TV, either the apps may be not available or there might be multiple icons of the same app. In some cases, the signature apps may be alone displayed on the Samsung TV.
The reason for the error might be one of the following listed here.
- Screen Size is Big- The size of the display screen of the Samsung TV may be too large and the media content may appear pixelated.
- Issue with Samsung Servers- In some cases, there might be a server outage in the Samsung Smart Hub and the error may occur.
Method 1: Basic Troubleshooting Methods
The first and basic approach to fix the error message on the Samsung TV is to try implementing the troubleshooting methods given in this section.
1A. Fix Hardware Issues
The first method is to fix the hardware issues of the Samsung TV and clear the issues with the display.
- Clean Display- If there are interferences in the Display screen such as fingerprints, you can try using a damp microfiber cloth to clear the display screen.
- Clean Remote- You can use a piece of soft material cloth to clean the buttons and other interface spaces in the Samsung TV remote.
- Check Power Supply- Sometimes, the Samsung TV might not be given enough power supply and you might face error model bind. Try connecting the main cable of the TV to a better power outlet.
- Check Connection Cables- Ensure that the cables connected to the TV display are connected properly and plugged completely into the ports. Also, check if the cables are connected to the corresponding ports.
1B. Ensure Stable Internet Connection
Another common reason for the error is the unstable and poor internet connection. Try the troubleshooting methods given here to ensure that the Internet connection is stable.
- Move the Wi-Fi router closer to your Samsung TV.
- Connect the Wi-Fi router to your TV directly using an Ethernet cord.
- Disconnect other devices connected to the Wi-Fi network.
1C. Fix Internet Connectivity Issues
To fix other possible reasons for the issue with the Network connection, you can try following the instructions in our guide on how to troubleshoot network connectivity problems on Windows 10.
1D. Change Wi-Fi Network
If the current Wi-Fi network is unstable, you can try switching to another Wi-Fi network that has a better upload speed.
1. Press the Menu button on the Samsung TV remote and select Settings using the arrow keys.
2. Move to the Network tab on the left pane and select the Network Status option.
3. Select the Network Settings option in the bottom-left corner.
4A. Choose the Wired option in the Network type screen and enter the password.
4B. Alternatively, you can select the Reset Connections option to reset the network status to factory settings.
Also Read: Fix Black Screen Issue on Samsung Smart TV
1E. Power Cycle Samsung TV
If any of the methods discussed in the troubleshooting section does not resolve error model bind Samsung community, you can power cycle the Samsung TV forcibly. This would clear all the glitches and issues in the TV and you can fix the error.
1. Press the power button on the Samsung TV until the Red LED lamp turns off.
2. Unplug the main cable from the TV and let it cool down for about 10 to 15 minutes.
3. Replug the TV cable into the power outlet and press the power button on the TV to turn it on.
Method 2: Restart Samsung TV
If the temporary glitches in the Samsung TV cause the error, it can be cleared with a simple reboot.
1. Power cycle your Samsung TV by following the instructions mentioned earlier.
2. Press the Menu button and select the Settings at the bottom-right corner of the screen.
3. Select the System tab in the left pane and select the Reboot option.
4. Press the Home button followed by the Power button to restart the TV.
Method 3: Modify Brightness Level
The higher brightness level in the Samsung TV may be causing error model bind. You can modify the level and this would lower the power consumption of the TV.
1. Use the Menu button to open the Settings screen.
2. In the System tab on the left pane, set the Energy Saving Mode to the Off option.
Method 4: Set Date and Time Manually
If the Date and Time of the Samsung TV are set incorrectly, you may experience this error. You can try setting the date and time on the TV manually.
1. Open the Settings app on your Samsung TV by following the instruction given earlier.
2. Move to the System tab on the left pane and select the Time option.
3. Select the Clock Set option from the right pane.
4. Manually set the correct date and time individually.
5. Follow the instructions given earlier to restart your TV.
Also Read: How to Download Apps on Samsung Smart TV
Method 5: Clear Cache Files and Data
Cached data files and data on the Samsung TV help in launching any app faster than usual, however, it also causes a lag in the regular operation of the TV. To fix error model bind Samsung community, you can try clearing the cache data files.
1. From the home screen, open the Settings page.
2. Move to the Support tab and select the Self Diagnosis option.
3. Select the TV device manager option.
Note: This option may be not available in certain versions; proceed to the next method if you cannot find this option.
4. Select the Clean Now button in the following sections:
- Memory Boost
- Clean Running Apps
Method 6: Update TV Firmware
If the firmware of the Samsung TV is outdated, you may encounter this error. You can try updating the firmware of the TV to the latest version to fix the error.
Step I: Download Firmware Update
The manual method to install the firmware update on your TV is explained here. Though the option to search for updates manually is available, it may not be reflected on the TV, hence, this method is recommended.
The first step is to download the firmware update of the Samsung TV using your Windows PC.
1. Use the Windows Search bar to search for Google Chrome and click on Open.
2. Open the official website to download the firmware update for Samsung TV and select the TV model in the TVs tab.
3. Enter the model number in the search bar and click on the Download button in the Firmware section.
4. Use a data compression utility software like WinZip to unzip the contents of the downloaded firmware. You can follow the instructions given in the guide to learn about the WinZip software.
Step II: Transfer Firmware Update Files
The next step to fix error model bind is to transfer the files of the firmware update to your Samsung TV using any media device.
1. Plug an external media device like a USB into your PC.
2. Open the downloaded firmware update from the Downloads folder by navigating to This PC > Downloads folder.
3. Press the Ctrl + A keys together to select the files and then press the Ctrl + C keys simultaneously to copy them.
4. Navigate to your USB drive from the left pane of Windows Explorer.
5. Hit the Ctrl + V keys at same time to paste the files to your USB drive.
6. Right-click on the USB drive on the left pane and click on the Eject option to eject the drive.
7. Plug the USB drive into the USB port on your Samsung TV.
Also Read: 13 Best Cheap Android TV Box
Step III: Update Samsung TV Firmware
The final step is to update the firmware of the Samsung TV using the files of the firmware update.
1. Turn on the Samsung TV and open the Settings page.
2. Navigate to the Support tab on the left pane and select the Software Update option.
3. Use the arrow keys to move to the Update Now option and press the OK button.
4A. If there is an update available, it will get installed automatically on your TV.
4B. Select the USB drive from the update methods and wait till the update is installed.
5. Wait till the Samsung TV gets restarted to install the firmware update on your TV.
Also Read: How to Get Samsung Password Manager
Method 7: Change DNS Servers
The IP Settings of the Samsung TV may be configured incorrectly and the error may be displayed. To fix error model bind Samsung community, you can try setting the DNS servers of the TV to Google DNS settings.
1. Open the Settings page from the home screen.
2. In the Network tab on the left pane, select the Network Status option.
3. Select the IPSettings option from the bottom.
4. Select the Enter manually option in the IP Setting field.
5. Enter the value 22.214.171.124 and select the Done button.
6. Set the Enter manually option in the DNS Setting field.
7A. Enter the value 126.96.36.199 in the field and select the OK button.
7B. Alternatively, you can enter the value 188.8.131.52 and press the OK button.
Method 8: Reset Smart Hub
The Samsung Smart Hub controls the configuration of the apps and channels in the Samsung TV. If the configuration is corrupt, you can try resetting the smart hub to the original settings. However, personal data like saved passwords may be deleted from the TV.
1. Open the Settings page on your TV using the Menu button.
2. In the Support tab on the left pane, select the Self Diagnosis option.
3. Select the Reset Smart Hub option and wait till it is reset.
Method 9: Perform Factory Reset
The last option to fix error model bind is to perform a factory reset of the Samsung TV. This would restore the settings of the Samsung TV to the original state at the time of manufacture.
Option I: Self Diagnosis
The first option is to use the Self Diagnosis option to reset your TV. This would clear the glitches and troubleshoot them easily.
1. Follow the instructions given earlier to move to the Self Diagnosis screen.
2. Select the Reset option in the menu.
3. Enter the default PIN as 0000 or enter the PIN you have saved on your TV.
Option II: Start Setup
The second option is to use the Start Setup option to set the Samsung TV to the original settings.
1. Open the Settings page and move to the System tab by following the instruction given earlier.
2. Select the Start Setup option to restore the original settings.
3. Select the Yes button if prompted and choose your preferences to reset your TV.
Pro Tip: Use Samsung Smart TV Remote App
Some versions of the Samsung Smart TV do not support the controls from the remote and as a result, error model bind may occur. In this case, you can try using the remote app on your Android phone or tablet.
Note: The instructions given in this method are considering Samsung Galaxy A21s phone, and may differ according to the settings.
1. Swipe the home screen upwards and tap on the Play Store app.
2. Use the search bar to search for the remote app for the Samsung TV.
3. Tap on the Install button on the TV (Samsung) Remote Control app.
4. Configure the settings and use the navigation keys to control your TV.
- How to Find Someone on WhatsApp Without Number
- How to Get DirecTV Now Free Trial for 3 Months
- Fix Samsung TV Plus Not Working
- Fix Samsung Galaxy Note 5 SIM Card Error
The methods to fix error model bind Samsung community are explained in the article. Please let us know your suggestions and queries in the comments section, and share the method, which helped fix the error message.