Do you want to download Twitch VODs to broadcast your games? Our comprehensive guide will show exactly how you can Download Twitch VODs.
What is Twitch VODs?
Twitch is a game streaming service designed for users who wish to broadcast their shows online. By doing so, many gamers have built a wide array of followers, and it’s almost like a proper source of employment. Through this platform, gamers can broadcast games as soon as they are released. They can also broadcast earlier games that are still in demand.
The only drawback of Twitch is that it is only a live streaming platform. Thus, you can’t access its videos, once the live streaming is over.
By default, all users have their broadcasts saved for 14 days; whereas, Twitch Prime & Turbo users can access their past videos for almost two months. Once the said period is over, the broadcast files will automatically be deleted.
Therefore, downloading Twitch VOD or Video-on-Demand allows its users to access saved files from the live Twitch streams and play them either offline or via YouTube.
How to Download Twitch VODs
Downloading Twitch VODs is quite easy. However, you must know where to begin and which specific steps to execute the same. Let’s look at the various methods you can employ:
Method 1: Download Your Twitch VODs
To download Twitch VODs that are yours, the pre-requisite is that you must create a profile on Twitch first. You can become a regular Twitch user, Twitch affiliate, or Twitch partner as per your requirements and features offered with each profile.
Let’s see the steps involved to download Twitch VODs that were previously streamed by you:
I. Enable Auto-Archiving:
1. Launch the Twitch Website.
2. Click on the Profile icon. From the menu that drops down from the top, click on Settings as shown below.
3. Next, choose Channel and Videos tab as highlighted.
4. Now, toggle on the Store past broadcasts option located in the VOD settings. Refer to the given pic.
Hereon, all future broadcasts will be automatically saved in your profile.
Also Read: How to download YouTube videos on Laptop/PC
How to Download Twitch Videos:
1. Navigate to the home page of your Twitch account.
2. Click on your profile icon. Choose Video Producer as highlighted below.
3. Select the More option (it’s a three-dotted icon) next to the video you want to save.
4. Click Download and your video will be saved on your device.
Method 2: Download Others’ Twitch VODs
Although, numerous applications are available that claim to download Twitch VODs but, Twitch Leecher is a free application that enables its users to download Twitch videos. Twitch does not promote or support it because it is a third-party app. It is available for Windows 7, 8, and 10 operating systems.
Note: Your Windows PC should have .NET Framework 4.5 or a higher version installed for it to support Twitch Leecher.
The following features make it a hot favorite:
- It has a well-designed and user-friendly interface. This makes it less daunting as compared to similar apps that serve the same purpose.
- The biggest advantage it offers is, its ability to download Twitch videos from any user on the network.
- This app is updated regularly in order to stay up-to-date with significant changes on the Twitch app.
- If you need help, you can contact the app designer using the support service provided in the application.
Let’s see how to utilize this tool to download Twitch VODs published by other users:
1. Proceed to the Twitch Leecher page on GitHub and download it from there.
2. Now, run the installation file from the downloaded folder. Follow the installation instructions.
3. Once installed, launch the Twitch Leecher.
4. Select the Search option on the homepage of the Twitch website and enter the name of the preferred video.
5. Now, click on the Videos option which is available to the left of the Chat option.
6. Choose Copy Link Address by right-clicking on the said video.
7. Return to the Twitch Leecher homepage and switch to the tab-marked URLs.
8. Click on the Search button after pasting the video URL in the white space provided.
9. The video you selected from Twitch should appear. Click the Download option displayed at the bottom of the video.
10. On the next screen, choose the video resolution size and the location on your computer where the video needs to be saved.
11. Finally, select Download once you’ve executed all the steps.
12. Your video will be accessible from your chosen file location shortly.
This is how you can easily download videos streams or broadcasted by other users.
- How to Fix 2000 Network Error on Twitch
- 9 Best Android Video Chat Apps
- Fix Elder Scrolls Online Not Launching
- Fix Avast Blocking League of Legends
We hope our guide was helpful and you were able to download Twitch VODs. If you have any comments/queries, drop them in the comment box.
Elon is a tech writer at TechCult. He’s been writing how-to guides for about 6 years now and has covered many topics. He loves to cover topics related to Windows, Android, and the latest tricks and tips.