Smart TVs are just like smartphones but way bigger, except for the fact we can’t make phone calls using Smart TVs. Smart TV uses the internet to stream shows, movies, and other content online, and you can also use your normal cable TV connection. While Smart TVs are just like smartphones, there might sometime have some performance issues with your TV because of downloading a lot of apps and storing a lot of data on your Smart TV. To keep your Smart TV running and in perfect condition, you must once a month clear its cache data and remove data and apps that are not necessary. Clearing the cache on your TV will clear some space, improve your TV performance, and make your user experience smooth. If you are someone who wants to clear cache on LG Smart TV or any other smart TV, then this article will guide you to know how to clear cache on Smart TV. It will also guide you in knowing how to clear Netflix cache on TV, the smart one.
Table of Contents
- How to Clear Cache on Smart TV
- Can I Clear Cache on Smart TV?
- How Do I Clear the Cache Memory on My TV?
- How to Clear Cache on Smart TV?
- How Do I Clear Cookies on My Smart TV? How to Clear Cookies on Smart TV?
- How Do I Clear the Cache on My LG Smart TV? How to Clear Cache on LG Smart TV?
- How to Clear Netflix Cache on TV?
- Why Can’t I Clear Cache on Smart TV?
How to Clear Cache on Smart TV
Compared to a normal TV, smart TVs make it easier for users to watch the content of their choice. And if the user doesn’t have anything to watch, they can easily search for their shows and movies. A normal TV can be converted into a Smart TV just by using a set-top box that enables the normal TV to be smart instead of buying a new Smart TV. Keep reading further to find the steps explaining how to clear cache on smart TV in detail with useful illustrations for better understanding.
Can I Clear Cache on Smart TV?
Yes, you can clear cache on Smart TV. On your smartTV, you can individually clear the cache of every app installed on your TV and can also clear the cache of all the apps at once. Clearing the cache of any application on your TV will remove all the downloaded media, saved playlists, and all other data that is locally saved on your TV’s internal storage. And once you clear the cache on your Smart TV, you cannot restore it. Clearing the cache data will empty some space on your SmartTV and will improve the performance.
How Do I Clear the Cache Memory on My TV?
To clear the cache memory on your TV, follow these steps:
Note: The below steps are for the Samsung Smart TV.
1. From the home screen, open the Settings page.
2. Move to the Support tab and select the Self Diagnosis option.
3. Select the TV device manager option.
Note: This option may be not available in certain versions; proceed to the next method if you cannot find this option.
4. Select the Clean Now button in the following sections:
- Memory Boost
- Clean Running Apps
This is how can you clear the cache memory on your TV.
Also Read: How to Delete Dropbox Cache
How to Clear Cache on Smart TV?
You can read and follow the steps mentioned above to clear cache on Samsung Samrt Tv.
How Do I Clear Cookies on My Smart TV? How to Clear Cookies on Smart TV?
To clear cookies on Smart TV, you can follow the below-mentioned steps:
Note: Steps performed below are for Samsung Smart TV.
1. Power on your Samsung Smart TV.
2. Press the Home button on your remote.
3. Go to Settings > Broadcasting > Expert Settings.
4. Go to HbbTV settings.
5. Select Delete Browsing Data.
6. Select Yes to clear cookies on Smart TV.
This is how you can clear cookies on Smart TV.
How Do I Clear the Cache on My LG Smart TV? How to Clear Cache on LG Smart TV?
To clear cache on LG SmartTV, you can follow the below-mentioned steps:
1. Power on your LG Smart TV.
2. Now, open the web browser and select the menu icon.
3. Here, go to Settings.
4. Now, select CLEAR BROWSING DATA.
5. Finally, select OK to confirm.
Also Read: Why is HBO Max Not Working on My TV?
How to Clear Netflix Cache on TV?
To know how to clear Netflix cache on TV, just follow these steps:
Note: Steps given below work for Android TV, Google TV, and others
1. From your TV’s home screen, go to your profile.
2. From the profile, go to Settings.
3. In Settings, go to the Apps section.
4. Go to See all apps.
6. From the apps select Netflix by pressing the button on your remote.
7. Go to Clear cache.
8. Press OK to clear the Netflix cache on TV.
This is how can you clear Netflix cache on TV.
Why Can’t I Clear Cache on Smart TV?
The reasons why can’t you clear cache on Smart TV are:
- There must be some bug that occurred in your SmartTV that is blocking you to clear the cache.
- The cache has already been cleared.
- The Clear Cache option is not enabled because of not using the app even once.
- There must be some error in your TV’s operating system.
- Some third-party apps you’ve installed on your smartTV are causing errors in clearing the cache.
There were all the reasons why aren’t able to clear the cache on your SmartTV.
- Can You Delete Trello Board?
- Top 10 Solutions to Fix WiFi Calling Not Working on Android
- 11 Easy Solutions to Fix Apps Not Working on Samsung TV
- How to Clear Cache and Cookies in Google Chrome
We hope that you learned about how to clear cache on smart TV. Feel free to reach out to us with your queries and suggestions via the comments section below. Also, let us know what you want to learn about next.