Learn how to easily clear your Dropbox cache to free up storage space and improve app performance. This quick guide will walk you through the simple steps to delete the Dropbox cache on various devices, ensuring your Dropbox runs smoothly.
How to Delete Dropbox Cache on Windows 10
This guide will show you how to delete Dropbox cache on your PC:
1. Launch the Run dialog box by pressing the Windows + R key combination.
2. Enter the following folder path name in the Open field in the Run window.
3. Click on OK from the Run window after entering the folder path name.
4. You will get navigated to the Dropbox cache folder with all the cache files present in there.
5A. Right-click on the desired cache folder to prompt the context menu.
5B. Press the Ctrl + A key combination to select all the cache folders and right-click on them to prompt the context menu.
6. Click on Delete from the context menu to delete all the Dropbox cache.
How Do I Clear Dropbox Cache on iPhone?
Knowing that the Dropbox app won’t notify you how much space the cache is taking up on your iPhone before emptying it can help you compare Dropbox’s storage footprint before and after clearing the cache. This guide will show you how to clear Dropbox cache on your iPhone by offloading the Dropbox app. Simply follow the instructions exactly, and the steps will be clear.
1. Open Settings on your iPhone.
2. Tap on General.
3. Now, tap on iPhone Storage.
4. Swipe down and tap on Dropbox.
5. Tap on Offload App.
Note: Offloading will retain the documents and settings on your device.
Returning to the main storage page will allow you to see how much space was saved. Unless you’ve downloaded some really large files from Dropbox, it’s doubtful that this will have a significant impact on your phone’s storage.
How to Delete Dropbox Cache on Mac?
The cache files on the Mac system are fairly simple to locate and inspect! Using the associated menu items, you may locate and examine the Mac system’s cache files as well as those for web browsers. This guide will show you how to delete Dropbox cache on Mac:
1. Press the Shift + Command + G key combination to access the Go to Folder box.
2. Enter the following folder path name in the Go to the folder: field.
3. Then, click on Go to open the folder.
4. All the Dropbox cache files will appear before you on your Mac screen.
5. Press the Command + A key combination to select all cache files.
6. Using the mouse cursor, drag and drop the selected files in the Trash in the bottom right corner.
7. Right-click on the Trash icon from the taskbar and click on Empty Trash.
8. Click on Empty Trash from the popup menu to delete the Dropbox cache permanently from your Mac device.
How to Clear Dropbox Cache on Linux?
This guide will show you how to clear dropbox cache on Linux. Simply follow the instructions exactly, and the steps will be clear.
1. To open the Home folder, double-click the Home icon or select File from the taskbar.
2. Open the Dropbox folder.
3. Click on the View > Show Hidden Files option.
Note: Additionally, you can toggle the hidden files view by pressing Ctrl+H.
4. Double-click on the .dropbox.cache folder from the Dropbox folder.
Note: Pay attention to the (.) at the start of the folder name. That suggests the folder is a hidden folder.
5. Select all the cache folders and right-click on them to bring up the context menu.
6. Click on Delete (to permanently delete the files) or Move to Trash (to move the files to the Trash) from the context menu.
How Do I Clear My Dropbox Sync History?
To clear the sync history, you will have to delete the documents or media files that you have synced with Dropbox.
1. Launch the Dropbox app on your phone.
2. Tap on the synced folder to open it.
3. Then, tap-hold the file from the list and tap on the double checkmark icon to select all the files.
4. Tap on the three-dotted icon > Delete from the top right corner.
5. Tap on Delete from the popup to confirm the deletion process.
With this short guide, we hope to have answered all of your questions about Dropbox cache, why Dropbox cache keeps filling up, and how to delete Dropbox cache. Feel free to reach out to us with your queries and suggestions via the comments section below. Also, let us know what you want to learn about next.