Fix Spinning Blue Circle Next to Mouse Cursor: If you have recently upgraded to Windows 10 then chances are you may have faced this issue where a constant blue flashing loading circle appears next to your Mouse cursor. The main reason why this spinning blue circle appears next to your mouse pointer is because of a task that seems to be constantly running in the background and not letting the user to conduct their task smoothly. This may happen when a task running in the background is not completing as it should be and hence it keeps on using the Windows resource to load its processes.
User’s affected with this problem seems to be using Fingerprint scanner which is causing all the trouble for them but the issue not limited to this as this problem can also be caused because of outdated, corrupted or incompatible 3rd party software drivers. So without wasting any time let’s see how to actually Fix Spinning Blue Circle Next to Mouse Cursor issue in Windows 10 with the below-listed troubleshooting guide.
- Fix Spinning Blue Circle Next to Mouse Cursor
- Method 1: Perform a Clean Boot
- Method 2: Stop OneDrive Syncing process
- Method 3: Repair MS Office Installation
- Method 4: End Spooler process
- Method 5: Kill Nvidia Streamer Service
- Method 6: Temporarily disable Antivirus and Firewall
- Method 7: Disable Mouse Sonar
- Method 8: For HP users or for users who have biometric devices
- Method 9: Uninstall Asus Smart Gesture
Fix Spinning Blue Circle Next to Mouse Cursor
Make sure to create a restore point just in case something goes wrong.
Method 1: Perform a Clean Boot
Sometimes 3rd party software can conflict with Windows Cursor and therefore, the Spinning Blue Circle Next to Mouse Cursor can occur because of this issue. In order to fix Spinning Blue Circle Next to Mouse Cursor problem, you need to perform a clean boot in your PC and diagnose the issue step by step.
Method 2: Stop OneDrive Syncing process
Sometimes this issue can occur because of OneDrive syncing process, so in order to resolve this issue right-click on OneDrive icon and hit Stop Syncing. If you still stuck then uninstall everything related to OneDrive.This should Fix Spinning Blue Circle Next to Mouse Cursor issue without any problem but if you’re still stuck on the issue then continue with the next method.
Method 3: Repair MS Office Installation
1. Type control in Windows Search then click on Control Panel from the search result.
2. Now click Uninstall a program and select MS Office from the list.
3. Right-click on Microsoft Office and select Change.
4. Then select Repair from the list of options and follow the on-screen instruction to complete the repair process.
5.Reboot your PC to fix the issue.
Method 4: End Spooler process
If you have accidentally clicked the print option while there is no printer attached to your system this could cause the spinning blue circle next to the mouse cursor issue in Windows 10. What happens when you click the print option, the print process called as spool or spooler service started running in the background and as there is no printer attached it keeps on running even if you reboot your PC, it again picks up the spooling process in order to complete the print process.
1. Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc key together to open Task Manager.
2. Find the process with the name spool or spooler then right-click on it and select End Task.
3. Close the Task Manager and check if the issue is resolved or not.
Method 5: Kill Nvidia Streamer Service
Open Task Manager and kill the service called Nvidia Streamer then check if the problem is resolved or not.
Method 6: Temporarily disable Antivirus and Firewall
Sometimes the Antivirus program can cause NVIDIA Drivers Constantly Crash and in order to verify this is not the case here, you need to disable your antivirus for a limited time so that you can check if the error still appears when the antivirus is off.
1. Right-click on the Antivirus Program icon from the system tray and select Disable.
2. Next, select the time frame for which the Antivirus will remain disabled.
Note: Choose the smallest amount of time possible for example 15 minutes or 30 minutes.
3. Once done, check if the error resolves or not.
4. Type control in Windows Search then click on Control Panel from the search result.
5. Next, click on System and Security.
6. Then click on Windows Firewall.
7. Now from the left window pane click on Turn Windows Firewall on or off.
8. Select Turn off Windows Firewall and restart your PC. This would definitely Fix Spinning Blue Circle Next to Mouse Cursor problem.
If the above method doesn’t work make sure to follow the exact same steps to turn on your Firewall again.
Method 7: Disable Mouse Sonar
1. Again open Control Panel then click Hardware and Sound.
2. Under Hardware and Sound click on Mouse under Devices and Printers.
3. Switch to the Pointer Options and uncheck “Show location of pointer when I press the CTRL key.”
4. Click Apply followed by OK.
5. Reboot your PC to save changes.
Method 8: For HP users or for users who have biometric devices
1. Press Windows Key + R then type devmgmt.msc and hit Enter to open Device Manager.
2. Now expand Biometric Devices and then right-click on Validity Sensor.
3. Select Disable from the context menu and close Device Manager.
4. Reboot your PC and this should fix the issue, if not then continue.
5. If you’re on an HP laptop, launch HP SimplePass.
6. Click on the gear icon on the top and Uncheck LaunchSite under Personal Settings.
7. Next, click Ok and close HP SimplePass. Restart your PC to save changes.
Method 9: Uninstall Asus Smart Gesture
If you have an ASUS PC then the main culprit in your case seems to be the software called Asus Smart Gesture. Before uninstalling you could end the process for this service from Task Manager, if it didn’t resolve the issue then you can go ahead with the uninstallation of Asus Smart Gesture software.
Recommended for you:
- Fix Reconnect your drive warning on Windows 10
- How To Fix Autoplay not working in Windows 10
- Fix Error 1962 No Operating System Found
- Fix Driver WUDFRd failed to load
That’s it you have successfully Fix Spinning Blue Circle Next to Mouse Cursor but if you still have any questions regarding this guide then feel free to ask them in the comment’s section.