Instagram stories are different from regular Instagram posts. Though for both, Instagram shows view count or impressions. But only for Instagram stories, Instagram shows who viewed the story. These views help users identify which group of people are engaging with their content. But because of this reason, or maybe some other reason, you may want to view Instagram stories anonymously. If you are someone looking for tips about the same, we bring you a helpful guide that will teach you how to view Instagram stories without them knowing.
Table of Contents
- How to View Instagram Stories without Them Knowing
- Can Instagram Stories Be Viewed Anonymously?
- Can You Privately View Someone’s Story?
- Can You Be a Ghost Viewer on Instagram?
- How to View Instagram Stories without Account?
- How to Watch Someone’s Instagram Story Anonymously?
- How Can I View Private Instagram Stories Anonymously?
How to View Instagram Stories without Them Knowing
Keep reading further to find the steps explaining how to view Instagram stories without them knowing in detail with useful illustrations for better understanding.
Can Instagram Stories Be Viewed Anonymously?
Yes, Instagram stories can be viewed anonymously. If you want to view Instagram stories anonymously, there are a few ways to do it.
- You can watch story on Insta anonymously with the help of third-party applications. These third-party applications or websites let you see Instagram stories without logging into your Instagram account. All you need to do is insert the username of the account that you want to see the story of. The only drawback of this method is that you cannot view the Instagram stories of private accounts by using this.
- And one other thing you can do is by turning on Airplane Mode before tapping on it to view the story. Instagram by default loads Instagram stories; so, you can view the first one. But the drawback of this method is that you can only see the first story. In the case of multiple stories, it won’t work.
- You can also make a new unidentifiable account to check Instagram stories.
Can You Privately View Someone’s Story?
Yes, it is possible to view someone’s IG story privately. Instagram stories register views as soon as any Instagram user views them. So it is not possible to view Instagram stories anonymously directly through the Instagram app. But there are a few ways that may work for you. Let us see the methods by which you can view Instagram stories without them knowing.
- Use third-party tools: You can try using a third-party website or application that can help you watch story on Insta anonymously
- Turn on Flight Mode: Instagram always loads the first story whenever you open the app. Before viewing the story you can turn on Airplane mode so you won’t get registered.
- Make a new unknown account: If nothing works for you then you can make a brand new account to view the story.
Also Read: How to Post Anonymously on Facebook Group on iPhone
Can You Be a Ghost Viewer on Instagram?
Yes, you can be a ghost viewer on Instagram. You can view content on Instagram without actually logging into it. A Google search for a username brings you to the webpage of that Instagram account. You can visit the page and view posts until a pop-up for log-in comes. You can also use third-party applications to view Instagram stories. Platforms like InstaDp and StoriesIG let you watch stories anonymously. However, you can only view Instagram stories this way of public accounts. You still cannot view Instagram stories anonymously of private accounts.
How to View Instagram Stories without Account?
If you want to access content on Instagram, it is necessary to have an Instagram account. Without an account on Instagram, you won’t be able to see Instagram stories. But when you want to watch story on Insta anonymously, it makes sense not to log in to your account. And it can be done by using third-party applications. These applications let you watch Instagram stories without logging into your account; thus, you can view Instagram stories anonymously. There are many websites like Instadp and StoriesIG, which you can visit and view Instagram stories anonymously.
Let us understand how you can view Instagram stories without them knowing about such third-party websites.
Note: This method only works for public IG accounts, not for private Instagram accounts.
1. Firstly, visit the Instagram website and navigate to the desired IG profile from which you want to see the stories anonymously.
2. Copy the username of that IG account.
3. Now, go to the StoriesIG website on your browser.
4. Paste the copied username in the given Username box and click on View.
5. Select the target IG profile and click on the desired stories from the IG profile to view them without your IG account.
Also Read: How to Watch Instagram Live Anonymously
How to Watch Someone’s Instagram Story Anonymously?
To watch someone’s Instagram story anonymously you can try a few methods which may work for you. There are broadly three ways by which you can view Instagram stories without them knowing. Let us see them one by one.
Method 1: Use Third-Party Tools
There are several websites and applications available that allow you to view Instagram stories anonymously. A few of them are InstaDp and StoriesIG. To view an Instagram story using one of the third-party tools, you can read and follow the steps mentioned above.
Method 2: Enable Flight Mode
Instagram loads stories as soon as you open it. So you can use this to view the story without getting noticed. Let us see how you can do it:
1. Open the Instagram application on your Android or iOS devices.
Note: Make sure you are logged into your account.
2. Navigate to the desired IG account whose story you want to view.
3. Now, pull down the quick access panel from the top and turn on the toggle for the Flight mode.
Note: In some other phones, you may see this option named Airplane or Aeroplane mode.
4. Now, tap on the desired story from the loaded IG profile to view it secretly.
Also Read: How to Make Anonymous Instagram Account
Method 3: Create New Instagram Account
Another method to watch the story on Insta anonymously is to create a new account that is unknown to the user whose story you want to see. To create a new IG account:
1. Navigate to the Instagram website on your browser.
2. Click on the Sign up option.
3. Enter the following details and click on Sign up.
- Mobile Number or Email
- Full Name
4. Add your birthday on the next screen and click on Next.
5. Then, enter the confirmation code you have received on your email address and click on Next.
6. Lastly, follow the desired Instagram profiles you want to follow and get into your new Instagram account.
7. Now, open the target IG account and click on the profile pic with the colored ring to see the latest stories of that account.
How Can I View Private Instagram Stories Anonymously?
Though you can view Instagram stories anonymously, yet there are certain conditions to it. There are different methods to it but no method exists that lets you view the stories of private IG accounts. Instagram has this feature where you can switch your Instagram account to private. By doing this, you are only allowing your approved followers to view your content, which includes Instagram stories. So, unfortunately, you cannot watch story on Insta anonymously of a private account.
- Does Amazon Check Serial Numbers on Returns?
- How to Find Someone on All Social Networks for Free
- How to See Someone’s Activity on Instagram
- Top 11 Best Deep Web Browsers for Anonymous Browsing
You can have your reasons as to why you want to watch story on Insta anonymously. And for every reason, we have discussed various methods. Along with the methods, we have also discussed the limitations of these methods. If you want to view Instagram stories without them knowing, you can pick the way which suits you. We hope this guide was helpful and you learned to view Instagram stories anonymously. If you have any queries or suggestions, feel free to drop them in the comments section below. Also, let us know what you want to learn about next.