Curiosity may get the better of us, and at times, you might want to discreetly view Instagram stories without alerting the account owner. In this informative guide, we’ll explore methods to navigate Instagram’s story feature incognito. Whether you’re trying to maintain a low profile or simply prefer to view stories privately, we’ve got you covered.
How to View Instagram Stories Without Anyone Knowing
You can see an Instagram story anonymously with enabling flight mode on your device:
1. Open Instagram and navigate to the desired IG account.
2. Turn the toggle ON for the Flight mode from phone’s notification panel.
There are in total three ways in which you can see the Instagram story without anyone knowing
Method 1: Using Half Swipe
It is a feature that Instagram does not officially support but can be achieved by some steps. The following are the steps to perform the half-swipe gesture on the Instagram story to see them without being seen:
Note 1: Be cautious while performing half swipe. Do not overdo the swipe as it will get registered that you saw the story.
Note 2: This method may or may not work for you at all times.
Note: Make sure you are logged into your IG account.
2. Tap on the previous story from the feed tab on the IG app to see the next desired story with a half swipe.
3. As soon as the previous story starts playing, tap and hold it and half-swipe it without lifting the fingers off the screen (fully swiping) to see the next desired story.
Note: After you are done watching the story, swipe back to the previous story and exit the app quickly to remain anonymous.
You will be able to see the story without being seen.
The primary disadvantage of this strategy is that you can only view the first Story on that profile’s feed and that videos cannot be watched. Another problem is that you could accidentally slide all the way, which would be useless. This prevents you from even taking a screenshot of an Instagram story.
Also Read: How to Watch Instagram Live Anonymously
Method 2: Enable Flight Mode
Using Airplane/Flight mode would be another simple method for monitoring people’s Instagram Stories without notifying them.
1. Open the Instagram application on your phone.
Note: Make sure you are logged into your account.
2. Navigate to the desired IG account whose story you want to view.
3. Now, pull down the quick access panel from the top and turn on the toggle for the Flight mode.
Note: In some other phones, you may see this option named Airplane or Aeroplane mode.
4. Now, tap on the desired story from the loaded IG profile to view it secretly.
Method 3: Use Third Party Tools
You can also use some of the widely available third-party tools or websites to see the IG stories privately.
Note 1: We do not endorse or sponsor any of the third-party tools mentioned in this article. Users should ensure the protection of their data for privacy or any data loss.
Note 2: This method only works for public IG accounts, not for private Instagram accounts.
1. Firstly, visit the Instagram website and navigate to the desired IG profile from which you want to see the stories anonymously.
2. Copy the username of that IG account.
3. Now, go to the StoriesIG website on your browser.
4. Paste the copied username in the given Username box and click on View.
5. Select the target IG profile and click on the desired stories from the IG profile to view them without your IG account.
Also Read: Can You Create Instagram without Facebook?
What Apps Can Help to Watch Instagram Stories Anonymously?
Now you know how to view Instagram stories without anyone knowing. There are certain apps that can be used to access the story. We won’t be using Instagram to check the story, instead, we are using some other sources or shortcuts to view them without making others get to know about it. The following are some of the most excellent apps for watching Instagram stories privately:
- StorySaver: Users of StorySaver can watch Instagram stories in an anonymous manner. Users of this app can download any of their preferred stories directly to their devices. The StorySaver app is really simple to use when you download the app and tap Story, you must provide your own login. Likewise, you can save someone’s highlights while being anonymous. Because you can browse posts and even use IGTV videos, most people keep referring to Story Saver as an equivalent to Instagram.
- BlindStory: This application is popular among users due to its numerous perks. Some of these services allow users to download and watch Instagram stories discreetly. All of these operations may be completed in HD without any issues with visual quality. This software is simple to use because it allows users to view content from the people they follow. Furthermore, if you’re seeking a specific user, it’s simple to do a search for them.
- Storized: If you have an iPhone, you can see Instagram stories anonymously using Storized. If you want to see Instagram stories discreetly and without distractions, Storized is the application for you. It allows users to access the Instagram stories of public profiles, just like most other apps. Despite these drawbacks, it is still considered to be one of the best apps for high-resolution anonymous Instagram story views.
Does Story Saver Notify the User?
No. It is critical to understand that users of the Story Saver software can access Instagram stories using a fictitious name. Story Saver is also a highly user-friendly program. When using this software to view Instagram stories privately, be prepared to see advertisements. Likewise, you can save someone’s highlights while being anonymous. Because you can browse posts and even use IGTV videos, most people keep referring to Story Saver as an equivalent to Instagram.
Recommended: How to Anonymously View a LinkedIn Profile
We hope that you learned how to view Instagram stories without anyone knowing. Feel free to reach out to us with your queries and suggestions via the comments section below. Also, let us know what you want to learn about next.