Instagram is a free software for iPhone and Android that allows for sharing photos and videos. Today, you can access Instagram using a web browser on your computer and use it to modify your profile, read your feed, like and comment on posts, and send and receive direct messages. Anyone who is 13 years of age or above can form an account by providing an email address and choosing a username. However, if you are looking for methods to secretly follow someone on Instagram, you are at the right place! We are bringing you a helpful guide that will teach you if can you follow someone on Instagram without them knowing, unfollow someone on Instagram without them knowing, or know who visited your profile.
- Can You Follow Someone on Instagram without them Knowing?
- Can You Follow Someone on Instagram without them Knowing?
- How Can You Secretly Follow Someone on Instagram?
- Does Someone Know When You Follow them on Instagram?
- How Can You Know If Someone has Unfollowed You on Instagram?
- Can You Unfollow Someone on Instagram without them Knowing?
- How Can You Hide Who I’m Following on Instagram from Your Followers?
- How Can You Know Who Stalks You on Instagram?
- How Can You Know Who Visited Your Profile?
- Can Someone See How Many Times You Viewed their Instagram Profile?
- How Can You Tell If Someone is Following a Private Account?
- What does Ghost Followers Mean on Instagram?
- Can You Follow Someone on Instagram but Not See their Stories?
Can You Follow Someone on Instagram without them Knowing?
Facebook Inc. eventually purchased Instagram, which is now known as Meta Platforms. Users of the app may upload media files that can be altered with filters and arranged by hashtags and geographic tags. Posts can be shared either publicly or only with followers who have already been authorized. The ability to explore other users’ material by tag and location, view trending content, like photographs, and follow users to add their stuff to a personal feed are all available to users. Read this article till the end to learn if can you follow someone on Instagram without them knowing in a detailed manner by using the pictures for better understanding.
Can You Follow Someone on Instagram without them Knowing?
Yes, you can follow someone on Instagram without them ever knowing by using another account, a third-party Instagram viewer, or asking a buddy to check someone else’s profile are a few possibilities. The precise approach you ought to take, nevertheless, will depend on the particulars of your case. Now, let’s see how to secretly follow someone on Instagram in the ensuing section.
How Can You Secretly Follow Someone on Instagram?
Below are a few ways mentioned for you to follow someone on Instagram secretly:
- Direct Lookup Method: If the account you are following is a public account, you actually don’t need to do much. To find their Instagram photos, simply perform a username search on Instagram. Naturally, you do not need to type the username each time you wish to access the account. Every time you click on the search icon on Instagram, your search history is automatically saved. You can access their profile right away after seeing their name.
- Use Another Account: Using a different account that isn’t connected to your identity in any way is the simplest strategy. You are allowed to have numerous profiles on Instagram, so you might create an anonymous one to follow individuals secretly. If it is a private account, send them a friend request, and if it is a public one, just type their name in the search box and start searching for them.
- Use Instagram Viewer Tools: The third choice is to use an Instagram viewer to view someone else’s page anytime you like. You can utilize private Instagram viewers, like Gwaa, IGLookup, Private Photo Viewer, PrivateInsta, etc. which enables anonymous post and story viewing.
These are the few ways you can utilize to secretly follow someone on Instagram.
Does Someone Know When You Follow them on Instagram?
Yes, they will be made aware that you have followed them. If you follow someone on Instagram, you have to send them a friend request, depending on whether their account is public or private. After you follow someone on Instagram, the individual receives a notification. Keep reading to learn if you can really know who visited your profile. Read this article further to learn how to know who visited your profile.
How Can You Know If Someone has Unfollowed You on Instagram?
Let’s see the steps to manually check if someone has unfollowed you on Instagram:
1. Launch Instagram on your phone.
2. Tap on the profile icon from the bottom right corner.
3. Tap on Followers to see the followers list.
4. Now, you can see all the followers in the followers tab. Check if someone’s name is missing from the list.
Also Read: How to See Who Saved Your Instagram Post
Can You Unfollow Someone on Instagram without them Knowing?
Yes, you can definitely unfollow people without them knowing as Instagram does not notify the person that you unfollow. That person will only get to know that you unfollowed them only if they visit your profile. Read this article from the start to understand how can you follow someone on Instagram without them knowing.
How Can You Hide Who I’m Following on Instagram from Your Followers?
Unfortunately, Instagram has yet not come up with this feature where you can hide your followers. In the case of a public account, every person on Instagram will be able to see the numbers as well as the names of the person you follow on Instagram. Even on a private account, those who visit your Instagram profile can view the number of followers and followings you have. Even though you can’t hide the numbers, you can manage or restrict who can see your Instagram account. While there isn’t a straightforward way to accomplish this, there are a few easy ways to guard oneself against unwanted guests. Let’s see what are those workarounds down below:
Option I: Make Your Account Private
You cannot use this technique to hide Instagram users you follow if you are an Instagram influencer or a company owner building a brand on the platform. Rest profiles can change to a private account by doing the following:
1. Open the Instagram app on your phone.
2. Go to your profile by tapping the profile icon at the bottom right corner.
3. Tap on the hamburger icon from the top right corner.
4. Tap on Settings.
5. Now, tap on Privacy.
6. Finally, turn on the toggle for the Private account.
Option II: Block Followers
You might, however, need to block certain accounts if you want to conceal your Instagram following from specific persons. So if you’re wondering how to block someone on Instagram, follow the steps below:
1. Open Instagram and tap on the search icon from the bottom.
2. Search for the desired profile you want to block.
3. Tap on the three-dotted icon from the top right corner of that profile.
4. Tap on Block.
Read this article from the start to learn how can you follow someone on Instagram without them knowing.
Also Read: How to See Recent Followers on Instagram
Option III: Restrict Accounts
Restricting the account can help you in limiting access to that account without removing them. Follow the steps below:
1. Open Instagram and go to your profile page.
2. Tap on the hamburger icon > Settings.
3. Tap on Privacy.
4. Swipe down and tap on Restricted accounts.
5. Confirm the prompt by clicking on Continue.
6. Now, type the name of the profile you want to restrict and tap on the Restrict option beside the name.
How Can You Know Who Stalks You on Instagram?
Despite the fact that you may want your friends and family to view your Instagram posts, the thought of an Instagram stalker looking through your pictures and videos isn’t very enticing. Finding people that stalk your Instagram account can make it simpler to confront or ban them, whether they are total strangers or bitter ex.
Note: Your online security may be at risk if you give your Instagram password to a third-party app.
- Review Your Profile Interactions: The simplest technique to locate folks who could be stalking you on Instagram is to go through your profile interactions. You won’t be able to tell whether someone has glanced at your posts, although frequent Instagram followers may have liked or commented on one by mistake or in the mistaken belief that you wouldn’t notice. Additionally, you have to pay attention to individuals who enjoy your content but aren’t following you. They would check your account directly to see any updates from you as your posts don’t show up in their feed.
- Examine Your Followers: If your profile is public, examining your followers may be a helpful approach to find out who is seeing your Instagram post and stories. Some could be acquaintances we have in common, while others might be corporate accounts that are interested in your posts. However, it’s advisable to block them since they are probably a bot or an Instagram stalker if they have few followers.
- Check Your Story Viewers: One of the simplest methods to find your Instagram stalker is to post a photo or video to Instagram Stories. And look at the accounts that have watched it in the bottom left corner of the screen. Pay close attention to the folks who frequently see your Stories while not following your account. There’s a significant possibility that the account follows your Instagram Story and profile if it frequently shows as one of the first watchers.
- Use Third-Party Apps: Use a third-party app as a final resort to keep tabs on your Instagram stalker. One of the numerous choices is Follower Analyzer, while others include Followers Insights: Profile+, etc. The followers and unfollowers, people who never or always like your pictures, and users who have banned you are all listed in these Instagram stalker apps’ promises. Others even claim that they will reveal who has visited your Instagram account.
Also Read: How to Hide Posts from Someone on Instagram
How Can You Know Who Visited Your Profile?
To be more specific, there isn’t a simple way for you to see who is visiting your Instagram profile. User privacy is the main factor for Instagram’s lack of an internal function that would allow users to see who has visited their profile. Instagram, which is owned by Facebook, has all the information you would need to know who has visited your profile, but it won’t provide it to you since doing so may cause a sharp decline in user engagement. Few Apps claim to show who exactly has viewed your profile, but their reliability is questionable. So, you won’t know who visited your profile accurately. Read this article from the start to learn how can you follow someone on Instagram without them knowing.
Can Someone See How Many Times You Viewed their Instagram Profile?
There isn’t an easy method to see who visits your Instagram feed or how many times. So there’s no way to say how many times it was viewed and by whom.
How Can You Tell If Someone is Following a Private Account?
Unfortunately, there isn’t a program or hack that can reliably display a private Instagram account’s followers list. Sending a follow request and waiting for an acceptance is the only real way to learn who is following a private account. You may always open a new account if you’re hesitant to request your own Instagram account.
What does Ghost Followers Mean on Instagram?
Ghost followers are Instagram profiles that are inactive or phony but nevertheless follow you, increasing your total number of followers. They never engage with your stuff, though. These accounts are occasionally made by genuine persons who never use them. However, they are frequently social bots that lack real users. These accounts exist due to the market for follower accounts that have been developed by persons ready to pay for followers. These are not the profiles who secretly follow someone on Instagram but they choose to remain inactive after following publicly.
Can You Follow Someone on Instagram but Not See their Stories?
You can mute someone’s story if you don’t want their Story to show up in the bar at the top of Feed. Here’s how to mute a story:
1. Open the Instagram app and navigate to the desired profile whose story you want to mute at the top of the stream.
2. Tap and hold the profile image of that profile.
3. Then, tap on Mute.
4. Now, tap on Mute Story.
- How to Delete Bethesda Account
- How to Combine Two TikTok Drafts
- How to See If Someone Has Multiple Instagram Accounts
- How to See Who Shared Your Instagram Story
We hope that you learned if can you follow someone on Instagram without them knowing and how to know who visited your profile. Feel free to reach out to us with your queries and suggestions via the comments section below. Also, let us know what you want to learn about next.