Instagram Story has become an essential part of the social media platform since this feature was launched. Instagram stories allow you to post several images and videos that play like a slide show. Then something worst happens. Sometimes you find out that the video you uploaded doesn’t play on your Instagram story. There are only photos and a link to reels. Sometimes, there is no sound in the video. You might face issues like Instagram stories videos not working, etc. Many Instagram users face the same issues. But luckily, some hacks can solve all your issues. If you are an Instagram user wondering how to make video play on Instagram story, read this article till the end. We are bringing you a helpful guide that will resolve all your doubts, like how to upload video on Instagram story.
Table of Contents
How to Make Video Play on Instagram Story
You will get to know how to make video play on Instagram story further in this article. Keep reading to learn more about it in detail.
How to Have Videos Play on Instagram Story?
You have shared someone’s reel to your Instagram story but, it’s an image with no sound, wondering how do you fix this? Instagram doesn’t provide any verified solution for this. But we have some hacks which can solve your issue regarding with upload videos. And here is a guide on how to make video play on Instagram story.
- Share Only Videos: Instagram now enables users to upload several images and videos to a single Instagram Story. Your Instagram story video might not be playing for that reason. Share a post on Instagram with no images. Now, it’s very likely that your Instagram Story video will be played.
- Shorten Instagram Story Video Length: Instagram allows the user to play a video on their story when its video length is no longer than 15 sec. So, try an Instagram story video that is shorter.
- Update Instagram: Instagram updates its features from time to time. Sometimes when you have this kind of trouble, it can be caused by bugs and errors. Whenever you find this kind of situation, make sure that your app is updated.
- Stable Internet Connection: Make sure that your internet connection is working properly. Many times, due to poor internet, videos don’t play.
How to Add Multiple Videos in Instagram Story?
Adding multiple videos to Instagram stories is not a big deal. You need only tap some buttons on your device.
1. Open Instagram on your device.
2. Tap on Your story from the top-left part of the screen.
3. Tap on the gallery icon from the lower-left section of the screen.
4. Tap on the drop-down menu and select Videos.
5. Choose the desired video you want to add to your story and tap on Next >.
6. Edit your clip and tap on Next >.
7. Tap on Share > Done to upload a video.
8. Return to your feed and check out your story from the top bar. There should be a slide show of the selected videos.
Why won’t Videos Play on Instagram Stories?
There can be many reasons why won’t video play on your Instagram story. Some common causes are:
- This can be due to the low and interrupted Internet connection.
- The Instagram server is down due to an outage.
- There can be a bug in the Instagram app.
- Your Instagram is set to Data saving mode.
- Instagram app data files have been corrupted due to some reasons.
- Maybe your Instagram app is outdated.
- Instagram does not support your video file’s format, size, or length.
How Do I Turn On Autoplay on Instagram Stories?
If you would like your videos to automatically play on Instagram Story, you’ve got to follow certain steps. Here are some tips to urge your reel to play.
1. Launch the Instagram app.
2. Tap on the profile icon.
3. Tap on the hamburger icon from the upper-right-hand corner.
4. Choose Settings.
5. Tap on Account.
6. Tap on the Cellular data use.
7. Turn off the toggle for Data Saver.
Also Read: How to Turn Off Seen on Instagram
How to Autoplay Reels on Instagram Story?
Instagram introduces the story feature to allow users to post their photos and videos and reach new viewers. If your Reel doesn’t automatically play on your story, you could be wondering how to autoplay Reels on Instagram stories. This can be because your Instagram mobile data saver is activated, thus you need to turn it off. Here are the steps you’ll follow to turn it off:
1. Go to your Instagram profile page.
2. Tap on the hamburger icon.
3. Then, tap on Settings > Account > Cellular data use.
4. Turn off the toggle for the Data Saver option.
Why won’t Reels Play on My Story?
There can be many reasons why reel won’t play on your story. Some common causes are:
- There might be an unreliable and erratic internet connection.
- Due to a problem, Instagram’s server is down.
- The Instagram app may have a bug.
- You have Data Saving Mode enabled on Instagram.
- It can be due to damaged or corrupt data files for the Instagram app.
- Maybe the Instagram app on your phone is outdated.
How Do You Share Reels on Instagram Stories?
Instagram allows users to share another person’s Reels in their Instagram stories. Reels are short-form video content with trendy music. Uploading a Reel is an easy task that can be done with simple steps.
1. Open the Instagram app on your phone.
2. From the bottom of the screen, tap on the Reel icon from the navigation bar.
3. Scroll down until you find the desired reel which you want to share in the story.
4. Tap on the share icon from the right pane.
5. From the pop-up menu, tap on Add reel to your story.
6. Customize the post how you want and tap on Your story to add a Reel to your story.
Note: You can also follow these steps to post your own Reel.
Also Read: How to See Who Shared Your Instagram Story
How Do You Make a Video Play in a Story?
An issue that frequently affects new IG users is how to make a video play on Instagram story. There are many ways through which you upload video on story. A general way to upload the video is to direct post it in your feed and then add it to your story. There are some useful ways by which you can upload a video without facing any issues.
- Post short length Instagram story.
- Always play videos before sharing directly.
- Keep updating your Instagram app to get new features.
How to Make Post Play on Instagram Story?
Instagram doesn’t provide any verified solution for this. But we have some hacks which can solve your issue regarding with upload video on story. Here is how to make video play on Instagram story:
- Share-only videos. Avoid the combination of images and videos
- Short Instagram story video length
- Update Instagram
- Stable internet connection
Therefore, these tricks can assist you to upload videos on Instagram.
How to Play Video Preview on Instagram Story?
Instagram allows users to share videos in their Instagram stories. You can preview your story just before hitting the share icon. Here is how to make video play on Instagram story:
1. Open the Reel from your Instagram profile.
2. Tap on the share icon which looks like a paper plane.
3. Choose Add reel to your story > Your story.
Here, you can see the preview of your Reel or video before sharing.
- How Much are 1000 Dollars in Robux?
- How to Report Bots on Instagram
- How to Create Instagram Reels like a Pro
- 15 Best Apps For Saving Instagram Videos
So, we hope you have understood how to make video play on Instagram story and upload video on Instagram story with the detailed steps to your aid. You can let us know any queries or suggestions about any other topic you want us to make an article on. Drop them in the comments section below for us to know.