Instagram is a widely used social media platform worldwide. It offers an amazing platform to interact with users, post stories, pictures, and videos. Since Instagram has now become a part of our daily lives, posting your daily routine on Instagram stories is a common thing among the users. However, you may want to post a story for one specific person and hide it from the rest of your followers.
Fortunately, Instagram allows you to hide your stories from your follower, and you can even make a list of close friends who can view your story. Therefore, to help you out, we have a small guide that you can follow to hide your Instagram story from everyone except one person.
How to Hide Instagram Story from everyone except one person
There may be several reasons behind hiding your story from everyone except one person. You may want to check if the particular follower views your story, or you may like to share a personal picture with your crush on Instagram.
How to Selectively Hide Instagram Stories
There are two methods that you can try if you want to hide the story from everyone except one person. These methods are:
Using the Hide Story Option: Instagram offers the users a hide story option. One can easily restrict the users from viewing their story if they put them on the list of ‘Hide Story From.’
By Creating a Close Friend List: Instagram came up with a feature of creating a close friend list, which allows you to create a list of your close friends. When you post a story with the Close Friend feature, only those will be able to view the story who are on the close friend list.
Method 1: Use the Hide Story Feature
The hide story feature on Instagram allows you to hide your story from particular followers easily. Therefore, you can use the hide story feature to hide your story from everyone except one person. However, this method can be time-consuming if you have a long list of followers, say above 1000. You can follow these steps for this method.
1. Open Instagram on your device.
2. Tap on your Profile icon from the bottom-right of the screen.
3. Tap on the three horizontal lines or the Hamburger icon from the top-right corner.
4. Tap on Settings and open the Privacy section.
5. Now, tap on Story.
6. Finally, tap on ‘Hide Story From‘ to hide the story from everyone except the person with whom you wish to share your story. Tap on the arrow icon next to the user name for adding them to the list to hide your story.
That’s it; the people you add to this list will not be able to view your story except the person who is not on the list.
Also Read: How to Delete Photos in Instagram
Method 2: Create a Close Friends List
Instagram allows you to create a close friends list. This feature is for the users who do not want to share their stories with everyone but their close friends. So, if you’re going to hide Instagram story from everyone except one person, you can create a close friend list with only the person with whom you wish to share the story.
1. Open Instagram and tap on your Profile icon from the bottom.
2. Tap on the Hamburger icon or the three horizontal lines from the top-right corner of the screen.
3. Tap on Close Friends.
4. Now, remove the existing list, if any, by tapping on the Remove all option.
5. After clearing the list, you need to add the person with whom you wish to share the story. Use the search bar at the top to search the user from among your followers.
6. Once you add the person to the close friend list, go to your story section and select the story that you want to share. Select the Close Friend list from the bottom of the screen before posting it.
Now, only the person who is on your Close Friend list will be able to view your story. This method is excellent if you have a huge followers list.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Q1. Can you exclude one person from your Instagram Story?
You can easily exclude one person from your Instagram story by using the hide story option. To use the hide story feature, open Instagram and head to Settings > Privacy > Story> Hide story from and add the person with whom you wish to hide your Instagram story.
Q2. Can you hide story from someone who doesn’t follow you?
If you have a private account, then the person who does not follow you will not be able to view your story. However, if you have a public account, then you can easily hide your story from the person even if they do not follow you. You can use the hide story option to hide your story from your non-follower. Open Instagram and head to the Settings > Privacy > Story> Hide story. Now, search the username of the person in the search bar to put them on the restrict list.
Q3. Does someone know if you hide your story on Instagram?
When you hide your Instagram story from a particular person, then they will not get any notifications and nor will they know if you hid the story from them. So, this way, you can easily hide your story from anyone without any worries.
- 3 Ways to Remove Phone Number from Instagram
- How To Add Multiple Photos To One Instagram Story?
- How To Fix Facebook Dating Is Not Working
- How to Change Steam Account Name
So, these are the methods that you can use if you want to hide your Instagram story from everyone except one person. If you liked the article, let us know in the comments below.