Internet usage has increased tremendously over the years. We rely on various search engines, such as Google, to find information on various topics. But a large segment of people is unaware of the fact that only 4% to 5% of the entire internet is accessible to the general public. This easily accessible layer of the internet is called the Surface Web. The internet is divided into three layers: the top layer is the Surface Web, the middle one is the Deep Web, and the third and bottom layer is called Dark Web. You need special browsers, also known as Deep Web browsers, to access the second and third layers of the internet. Read this article until the end to learn about the best deep web browsers for deep web login and surfing.
Top 11 Best Deep Web Browsers for Anonymous Browsing
You will get to know the best deep web browsers further in this article. Keep reading to learn more about it in detail.
Note: The info provided below is only for informative/educational purposes. We do not endorse such websites/web browsers and/or subsequent usage if any.
What are Deep Web Browsers?
The second layer of the internet, also known as the Deep Web, exists just below the Surface Web. The deep web contains regular websites which authorized users can only access. The deep web is hidden from plain view, but most internet dwells in this layer. Firewalls protect the content present in the Deep Web. Specialized deep web browsers are required to access the deep web as the normal search engines and browsers cannot be used to access it. It contains information like government private data, bank data, private networks, net-banking passwords, medical records, research papers, etc.
Is It Illegal to Access Deep Web?
No. Accessing or visiting the deep web is not illegal, provided that you only use it for legitimate purposes. Carrying out illicit acts on deep may attract legal action against you.
What Can We Find on the Deep Web?
The deep web contains private content on social media sites, chat messages, banking records, health records, hidden research papers, etc.
Can You be Tracked on the Deep Web?
Yes. Deep web browsers offer privacy extensions, but that doesn’t mean you cannot be tracked. If you use personal accounts to log in to deep websites, you and your web activity might get tracked.
Also Read: Can You Get Tracked on Kik?
Is the Deep Web and the Dark Web Same Thing?
The deep web is the second layer of the internet in which the dark web resides. It means, like the surface web, the dark web comprises around 4%-5% of the whole internet. The dark web can be considered a small part of the deep web, which gets used for illegal activities.
What is the List of Best Deep Web Browsers?
The deep web is considered the underground of the whole web, and accessing it is not difficult. You have to follow some steps to retain your security and privacy. To access the deep web, you must use a good deep web login browser that hides and protects your identity. VPNs are a must if you don’t want to disclose your exact location. The following list contains a few deep web browsers which you can use to access the deep web:
The Tor browser is the most commonly used web browser to access the deep web. It offers you the best level of anonymity and security. Initially, the browser was created for United States Army for secure communication. Tor Browser is compatible with Windows, Mac, Linux, and Android.
2. I2P: Invisible Internet Project
I2P uses end-to-end encryption to keep the user anonymous. There are four different layers of encryption; you can access the surface web and the deep web through the layered stream. I2P is a message-based network that sends the user’s traffic through 55000 distributed nodes making the user untraceable.
Freenet uses a similar technique of routing the data through different nodes. It is a peer-to-peer platform that encrypts the data before it is shared. The data is encrypted using a distributed network making the user totally untraceable to performing deep web login and surfing.
Also Read: 14 Best Fastest Browsers for Android
Tails, which stands for The Amnesic Incognito Live System, is different from other deep web browsers because you can directly boot it from a flash drive without prior installation. You can install Tails from Windows, Linux, and macOS. Tails do not depend on the Operating System installed on your device.
5. Subgraph OS
The Tor-based browser helps you to access the web without any constraints. Subgraph OS prevents attacks on your operating system and uses Sandbox containers to protect against malware. If any malware targets an application, the Sandbox container is activated. Subgraph uses Tor integration and has the same source code.
6. Mozilla Firefox
Although Mozilla Firefox is a commonly used web browser, it is still used for deep web surfing. The browser needs to be routed to connect through the Tor network to provide anonymous deep web surfing. The proxy access has to be configured manually.
It is a Firefox-based open-source browser that lets to surf the deep web. Waterfox is compatible with all 64-bit Windows, Linux, macOS, and Android devices. The browser is not permanently connected with Mozilla to protect it from unwanted malicious add-ons. After you’re done with deep web surfing, it deletes all your web browsing history, cookies, passwords, etc.
This Tor-based browser is commonly used for surfing anonymously and comes with pre-installed Qubes for extra privacy. With Whonix, users are protected against IP leaks, time attacks, etc. this browser is compatible with Mac, Windows, and Linux. It is a fast browser that comes with remarkable security features. It is one of the best deep web browsers available in the market.
GNUnet browser provides peer-to-peer communication that is done through HTTPS, HTTP, WLAN, and Bluetooth. Users can know which users can be trusted and which users are harmful, thereby protecting legitimate users from attacks and hacks. The protection of sensitive information is the prime focus.
ZeroNet is a peer-to-peer communication tool that uses the BitTorrent network and Bitcoin Cryptography and is used for publishing websites and file sharing. The sites are identified by the Public Key than by IP address. It is a completely anonymous networking platform that you can use without an Internet connection too.
Opera can be used as a browser to access the deep web too with deep web login. The latest version has an in-built VPN feature that provides extra security. The browser is famous for its large user base and fast loading. Several accessible plug-ins can give a terrific experience to the users.
Also Read: 18 Best Free Anonymous Email Providers
What are the Pros and Cons of Deep Web Browsers?
Below are the listed pros and cons of deep web browsers to gain a comprehensive understanding of these types of browsers.
- Anonymity: Anonymity offered by browsers is perfect for hiding a person’s actual identity. The freedom to access the deep web comes from anonymity. The browsers are secured and are used to access the deep web login by guaranteeing that your IP remains untraceable. Anonymity becomes the origin of criminal activity on the web too.
- Knowledge: The deep web is a tank full of private knowledge. Any person can find the most profound information by accessing the deep web. This information is not available to the general public, and only a few people can actually access this information. This information can cause unrest in the prevailing societies if revealed on the surface layer of the internet.
- Freedom of Speech: Many countries exercise the right to express their opinions freely. But this right has some hidden consequences that you might face if you freely express yourself. The deep web allows you to freely express yourself without fearing any governmental or non-governmental body since all the communication is end-to-end encrypted and IP addresses are hidden.
- Political Activism: Deep web helps in accessing the sites which are blocked by oppressive political parties. Political parties all over the world use information control as a tool to hide their wrongdoings. And the activities of the citizens are monitored by such oppressive governments.
- Child Pornography: Child pornography is being traded on the deep web on a large scale. And it is advisable not to visit such sites on which such disgusting content prevails.
- Weapon Trading: Deep web has helped terrorism to expand all over the world. The deep web is being used for illegal weapons and explosive trade. You can even hire Hitmen and contract killers on the deep web. This contracting-killing activity is going on harmlessly.
- Drugs: Silk-road is a hot topic when we talk about the deep web. Silk road is the hub for all illegal internet activities, ranging from the drug trade to the arms trade.
- How to See if Someone Read Your Text on Android
- 26 Best Free TeamViewer Alternatives
- 8 Types of Ethical Hacking You Should Know About
- Is TextNow Anonymous?
We hope that this article on deep web browsers helped you by providing a long list of options that you can download and use to access the second layer of the internet, i.e Deep Web. Let us know which of the above-mentioned browser was best for you. You can let us know any queries or suggestions about any other topic you want us to make an article on. Drop them in the comments section below for us to know.