With more than 2 billion monthly active users in 2022, Instagram has developed from a specialized photo-sharing network into one of the most widely used social media platforms. Due to the platform’s growing popularity, many companies are now considering Instagram to be their main online marketing channel. Here, they collaborate with influencers to advertise their products and obtain user evaluations, among other things. But, there are still a lot of fake accounts that pose as well-known individuals and brands, which criminals might use to: Sell fraudulent goods while posing as a genuine company providing a special price. Also, they can scam them, for instance, by emailing them a link to a phishing website. Do you ever wonder how to get someone’s Instagram taken down? If you’re looking for additional information about Instagram, we’ve put up a helpful guide that will lead you through the process to report an Instagram account that is harassing you or a friend and will show you how to rapidly create a credible report that aids in to remove someone’s Instagram account.
Table of Contents
- How to Get Someone’s Instagram Taken Down
- Can I Get Someone’s Instagram Taken Down?
- How Many Reports does It Take to Delete Someone’s Instagram Account? How Many Reports Needed to Delete Instagram Account?
- How Do You Report an Instagram Account and Get It Deleted?
- How to Get Someone’s Instagram Taken Down?
- How to Remove Someone’s Instagram Account?
How to Get Someone’s Instagram Taken Down
Most Instagram accounts on the platform are fraudulent, either made by fraudsters or for the purpose of impersonating someone else without that person’s authorization. Keep reading further to find the steps explaining how to get someone’s Instagram taken down in detail with useful illustrations for better understanding.
Can I Get Someone’s Instagram Taken Down?
Yes, you are able to report them to either the app, the desktop version, or the support center. These accounts have never been easier to report. This post will walk you through the process to report an Instagram account and having them removed step-by-step.
How Many Reports does It Take to Delete Someone’s Instagram Account? How Many Reports Needed to Delete Instagram Account?
Are you curious about how many reports needed to delete Instagram account? It can be annoying to report a breach of the Instagram terms of service only to discover that the account is still active. Multiple warnings for violations result in account suspension as no predetermined number of complaints must be filed to get an account suspended. This guide will show you all the information you require on the potential effects of reports and violations on how can you get someone’s Instagram taken down.
- The number of reports does not affect the outcome: Instagram does not have a policy regarding termination, based on a number of reports. In fact, Instagram has the authority to delete an account based on a single complaint if they judge it to be in violation of their rules! Despite the rarity, an account may be swiftly deleted if its content endangers Instagram or subjected it to legal trouble. The main issue is that how frequently a person uploads content that is against Instagram’s guidelines will determine whether or not an account is suspended, not how many complaints there are.
- Multiple reports may make your account stand out: A user may receive more attention from the moderation team if certain accounts are regularly reported. While a large portion of abuse and violation reports are handled by Instagram’s artificial intelligence, a post or account that receives a significant volume of complaints may be seen by a human moderator who may evaluate the circumstance and make a determination about whether an account is too risky to keep on their platform. However, the account won’t be closed if there are no violations.
- The type of violation is significant: The content’s kind could affect the termination time. If an account violates the rules in a more egregious fashion, such as by sharing pornography or unlawful content, it is more likely to be canceled than accounts that publish more subjective stuff. For example, while explicit content is easier to see visually, it will take longer for Instagram’s support team to look into claims of harassment and bullying.
- Before removing accounts, Instagram sends out notifications: If Instagram finds a post that violates its policies, it will normally alert the account in question. In addition to the warning, the offending content will typically be deleted from Instagram. The account is not in danger as a result of this warning, but the account owner should take full caution going forward in terms of following rules.
Also Read: How Many Reports are Needed to Delete TikTok Account
How Do You Report an Instagram Account and Get It Deleted?
Social networking is intended to be a safe environment. Although it can be a nightmare for you, occasionally someone will create a false Instagram account using your or a friend’s name. Thanks to the designers of these social media sites, a strategy to reduce this crime has been established. Due to Instagram’s serious attitude toward fake accounts, it is easy to report them both web and via the mobile app. This guide will show you how how to get someone’s Instagram taken down by submitting a report form:
Option I: Via Instagram Help Center Webpage (Most Effective)
1. Visit the Instagram Help Center Report webpage on your browser.
Note: The best way to report an Instagram account that someone is using to impersonate you or someone you represent (like your child) is to complete this form.
2. Select the desired radio button to describe your situation to report account impersonation.
For example, if you selected Someone created an account pretending to be me or a friend option, click Yes, I am the person being impersonated to proceed.
3. Enter your full name and email address.
Note: Even if you are reporting an account for your child, you must fill out the top section with your own name.
4. If you are reporting on behalf of someone else, enter their name and relationship.
Note: You must specify your relationships to the person, such as an Authorized representative or parent of the child, as well as that person’s true name if you are reporting on behalf of your child or someone else who has given you permission to do so.
5. Provide the full name listed on the reporting account and the reported account’s username.
6. Take your picture holding an ID with yourself or your child. Any type of government identification, such as a driver’s license, birth certificate, passport, or visa, will be accepted.
7. Click on the Choose Files option and Upload the captured picture.
8. To submit your report, click on Send.
If more information is required, Instagram will review your report and get in touch with you. They will deactivate the fictitious account if they discover that someone is trying to pass for you or the person you are representing.
Also Read: How to Report Bots on Instagram
Option II: Via Instagram App (Fastest)
This method works best if you want to report a false account created to defraud people or a celebrity imitating account.
Note: Because you can’t offer any supporting evidence or specifics, reporting an account using the Instagram app is less successful than doing so via the web form.
1. Open the Instagram application on your Android or iOS devices.
Note: Make sure you are logged into your account.
2. Navigate to the desired IG profile you want to report.
3. Tap on the three-dotted icon from the top right corner.
4. Tap on the Report… option from the popup menu.
5. Select the desired reason for reporting the account.
Note: Select the Something else option if your desired option is not listed.
6. Select the fake identity the reported account is pretending to be to report it to the IG support team.
Note: If someone is mimicking a famous person, you can choose A celebrity or public figure as an example, but you cannot specify the person they are impersonating.
7. Then, tap on Submit report. They may disable the account based on what their technology or support team discovers.
Also Read: How to Know If Someone Reported You on Instagram
How to Get Someone’s Instagram Taken Down?
You can read and follow the steps mentioned above to get someone’s Instagram taken down by reporting them. After reviewing your application, Instagram could be in touch with you to ask for more details. Instagram typically responds to requests through email within 24 to 48 hours and deletes the false account if they are accepted.
How to Remove Someone’s Instagram Account?
If you’re trying to remove someone’s Instagram account, the steps mentioned below will help you with that:
1. Launch the Instagram app on your phone.
Note: Make sure you are logged into your account.
2. Navigate to the desired IG profile you want to report and tap on the three-dotted icon > Report… option.
3. Select the desired reason or Something else option for reporting the account.
4. Select the fake identity the reported account is pretending to be to report it.
5. Finally, tap on Submit report to place the report to remove that account from IG.
- 21 Best RAM, GPU and CPU Overclocking Software
- How to Unread Messages on Instagram Private Account
- How to Unreport a Post on Instagram
- How Many Reports to Get Banned on Snapchat
So, we hope you have understood how to get someone’s Instagram taken down with the detailed steps to your aid. You can let us know any queries or suggestions about any other topic you want us to make an article on. Drop them in the comments section below for us to know.