Anyone with a public Instagram account may view your posts and stories. If there is someone you don’t know or an account appears to be not genuine, it might be a bot mimicking a human. Many users also use third-party apps to gain likes, views, and followers with automated bots. However, often such accounts can be annoying and unnecessarily appear on your profile. In this guide, we will explain how to report and get rid of bots on Instagram.
How to Report and Get Rid of Bots on Instagram
Instagram bots automate your interactions on Instagram. They are designed to perform your daily Instagram tasks, such as liking, commenting, following, unfollowing, and even sending direct messages on your behalf without lifting a finger. In other words, use the Instagram bot as a devoted servant at your disposal. It might sound like an easy deal. Instagram bots cause more harm than good. An Instagram report bot targets those IG profiles that frequently use specific keywords and hashtags. Many of these bots are inactive or ones that made little to no interaction with you or your content.
Follow the steps mentioned below to report bots on Instagram:
1. Launch the Instagram app.
2. Identify the bot account first and go to their profile page.
3. Tap on the three-dotted icon from the top right corner.
4. Tap on Report…
5. Tap on Report Account.
6. Choose the desired reason for reporting this account.
Instagram will let you know when it has your report.
Also Read: How to Detect TikTok View Bot
How to Get Rid of Bots on Instagram Stories
Sometimes, Instagram bots may not follow you but keep viewing your stories. If you want to end their access to your stories follow these simple steps:
1. Go to your Instagram stories and swipe up the story to see the viewer list.
2. Tap on there verticle dot icon next to the bot account, and then select Hide your story.
Also Read: How to Unreport a Post on Instagram
How to Get Rid of Instagram Bot Spam Comments
Spam accounts can infiltrate the comment section of your Instagram post. They can leave unnecessary remarks and unwanted promotions on your posts. Follow these simple methods to get rid of Instagram bot spam comments:
Method 1: Filter Your Instagram Comments
Instagram app allows users to filter out phrases and terms to avoid sensitive language. This helps you identify bots and doesn’t allow them to make comments on your posts. Follow these simple steps to filter out your Instagram comments:
1. Open your Instagram account and go to Settings and privacy.
2. Scroll down and select Hidden words.
3. Now, turn the toggle on for Advanced comment filtering.
4. Now, select Manage custom words and phrases and type in the phrases that you want to avoid in your comment box.
Method 2: Avoid Using Popular Hashtags
Naive Instagram users often use a bunch of hashtags to increase their account’s reach. But, this is a bad practice. Certain Instagram hashtags can make your account vulnerable to bots. Therefore, as a common practice, it is advisable to only use relevant hashtags that work for your content and niche.
How Can You Stop Spam Bots on Instagram?
If previous methods don’t work and bots are still bothering you in such cases, you can try the following methods to resolve the issue.
Method 1: Set Account to Private
One of the easiest ways to stop spam bots is by setting your account private. You can follow these simple steps for the same:
1. Open your Instagram app and go to your profile.
2. Tap on the hamburger icon from the top right corner.
3. Tap on Settings.
4. Tap on Privacy.
5. Turn on the toggle for the Private account.
Method 2: Turn Off Similar Account Suggestions
If you don’t want to set your account private, you can turn off similar account suggestions to prevent bot accounts. Follow these simple steps for the same:
1. Log In to your Instagram account in your browser.
2. Click on the Profile icon > Profile.
3. Click on Edit Profile.
4. Scroll down and unmark the checkbox next to Similar account suggestions.
5. Click on Submit to complete the update.
So, we hope you have understood how to Instagram report bot and report fake followers on Instagram with the detailed steps to your aid. You can let us know any queries or suggestions about any other topic you want us to make an article on. Drop them in the comments section below for us to know.