If you use Instagram, you may have noticed something on your feed that is referred to as a suggested post. These are the posts from users you are not currently following but who you might find interesting. Even though a lot of people like this new function because it helps you advertise yourself to potential followers, many people are not happy with it. The cause? These people don’t like viewing random user postings on their feeds. There are ways to control these suggestions, regardless of the reason you want the social media platform to turn off suggested posts. If you are an Instagram user and wonder how to get rid of suggested posts on Instagram or Instagram suggested posts, stay tuned till the end. We are bringing you this helpful guide that will resolve all your doubts and queries, like suggest explore posts on Instagram.
Table of Contents
- How to Get Rid of Suggested Posts on Instagram
- Why are You Getting So Many Suggested Posts on Instagram?
- Why Do Suggested Posts Appear on Your Instagram?
- How Does Instagram Suggest Explore Posts on My Profile?
- Why Should You Stop Suggested Posts from Appearing on Instagram?
- How to Turn Off Suggested Posts from Appearing on Instagram?
- Can You Turn Off Suggested Posts from Appearing on Instagram Permanently?
- Can You Know Who Searches You on Instagram from Suggested Posts?
- Can Your Account Get Deactivated If You Stop Suggested Posts?
- How to Turn On Suggested Posts on Instagram?
How to Get Rid of Suggested Posts on Instagram
Keep reading further to find the steps explaining how to get rid of suggested posts on Instagram in detail with useful illustrations for better understanding.
Why are You Getting So Many Suggested Posts on Instagram?
Instagram and other social media platforms profit off our attention all the time on our screens. The more time we spend using the applications, the more possibilities they have to bring in some advertisements while we scroll through our feeds, flip through stories, or watch reels. It provides us with posts and brands that it believes we will enjoy following as a result. This is not always how events play out.
Instagram suggests posts based on:
- Your connections or friends reacted to
- Similar posts you’ve recently reacted to
- Posts you’ve bookmarked or commented on
- Identical to how your Instagram’s Explore page
Why Do Suggested Posts Appear on Your Instagram?
When you’ve scrolled to the bottom of all the newly posted content from the accounts you follow, the Suggested Posts feature will appear. You should see a You’re All Caught Up banner at the end, after which Instagram will give you the choice between View Older Posts and Suggested Posts.
The main advantage of this new version is pretty obvious.
- More cross-mobility opportunities in users’ feeds who don’t already follow your account are made possible by this style. By employing the right descriptions and hashtags, companies and influencers may almost instantly engage new viewers within important categories. The growth opportunities are much greater now, particularly on a platform like Instagram, where the restrictions on what appears in the feed are much stricter.
- The availability of ad space is another factor in Instagram’s suggested post system. This gives third parties much more room to operate and greatly increases the amount of ad revenue the platform can generate. A growing number of social media companies and online streaming services are relying more and more on ad revenue as their business model. Advertisers will frequently follow engagement to capitalize on it, so there will be many more businesses competing for customers’ attention now.
Keep reading to learn how to get rid of suggested posts on Instagram.
Also Read: Why Did Your Instagram Drafts Disappear?
How Does Instagram Suggest Explore Posts on My Profile?
Instagram records every online activity. Instagram wants to improve your user experience by giving you the best recommendations based on the posts you follow, like, and comment on. It now features a new feature called suggestions.
Suggest explore posts on Instagram operates in a fairly simple manner. Instagram suggested posts based on four factors:
- Your Activity: This includes posts you’ve liked, saved, and commented on, along with the people you follow.
- Your Connections: Your previous interactions on Instagram with that account or accounts like it.
- Post’s Information: Including how well-liked it is, how others are responding, and when and where it was published.
- Account’s Information: The number of times that account has been accessed recently.
Why Should You Stop Suggested Posts from Appearing on Instagram?
Similar to how your Instagram explore page does, Instagram bases suggestions on posts that your connections or friends have reacted to, similar posts you’ve recently reacted to, or posts you’ve saved or remarked on. Because these postings are so addictive, and some posts are not worthy enough to give time. So, you should block Instagram from displaying suggested posts.
How to Turn Off Suggested Posts from Appearing on Instagram?
The fact of the matter is that there is no easy way to avoid seeing unnecessary suggested posts at the bottom of the feed if you are looking for how to get rid of suggested posts on Instagram. Instagram has also made it clear that suggest explore posts on Instagram cannot be closed in any way. This in no way means that you may completely hide suggested posts, though.
The interesting part now is that you can pause recommendations and suggested posts from your home Insta feed for 30 days. Even better, it only requires a few taps.
Note: For both Android and iOS Instagram users.
1. Open Instagram on your device.
2. On the home page, swipe down towards the bottom and stop when you see You’re all caught up message.
3. Now, tap on the three-dotted icon next to the suggested post.
4. Select Not Interested.
5. Tap on Don’t suggest posts from (username) to avoid getting posts from that account in your feed.
Note: You can now follow the same procedures for the remaining posts. Remember though, suggested posts will still show up. And you will need to use this setting for each one to see fewer postings from unknown users.
Also Read: How to Turn Off Seen on Instagram
Can You Turn Off Suggested Posts from Appearing on Instagram Permanently?
No, unfortunately, there is no way to disable or turn off suggested posts feature if you don’t like it. If you are looking for how to get rid of suggested posts on Instagram, you can tell Instagram if you’re Not Interested in their suggestions, even though you can’t hide them or stop them from appearing at the end of your feed.
Note: The only way to completely avoid the suggested posts feature on Instagram is to use the website rather than the mobile app.
Can You Know Who Searches You on Instagram from Suggested Posts?
No, there is no way to find out who searched for you from suggested posts. The post suggestions you get to follow are not based on people who have viewed your profile or stalked you.
Can Your Account Get Deactivated If You Stop Suggested Posts?
No, even if you turn off suggested posts from appearing on your Instagram, your account won’t be deactivated.
How to Turn On Suggested Posts on Instagram?
While learning how to get rid of suggested posts on Insta, you might like to know how to turn on the feature. Follow the below steps to turn on suggested posts:
1 Open the Instagram application.
2. Swipe through the feed until you see the Suggested Posts option.
3. Tap on the Suggested Post’s three-dotted icon > Not Interested.
4. Choose Don’t recommend posts from this account(username) or This post made me uncomfortable.
5. To enable Instagram suggested posts, tap on the Undo option.
- How to Disable MMGuardian without Parents Knowing
- How Do You Cancel Your Disney Plus Account
- How to Wave at Someone on Instagram Live
- How to Hide Posts from Someone on Instagram
We hope that you learned how to get rid of suggested posts on Instagram. Feel free to reach out to us with your queries and suggestions via the comments section below. Also, let us know what you want to learn about next.