Overclocking in simple terms means manipulating the settings to improve the performance of RAM, CPU, and GPU. If you are already here, you must be well aware of the importance of overclocking to make use of the fullest potential of the RAM. It is necessary because manufacturers stick to the JEDEC standards and manufacture the systems at a standardized rate no matter what the configuration is. Therefore, to make the most of the money you have spent on your PC or Laptop you can overclock them with proper guidance. It can be done in two ways: using BIOS (Basic Input/ Output System) or by using overclocking software. In this article, you will learn about the best RAM overclocking software and CPU overclocking software. Apart from this, you will also learn about GPU overclocking software.
Table of Contents
Best RAM, GPU and CPU Overclocking Software
Here, you will get to know the list of overclocking software for RAM, GPU and CPU in detail.
List of Best RAM Overclocking Software
We have brought you a list of all best overclocking software including free and paid ones. Mentioned below is the overclocking software for your PC.
|No.||Overclocking Software||Type||Available on||Cost|
|1.||Intel Extreme Tuning Utility||RAM||Official Website||Free|
|2.||EVGA Precision X1||RAM/CPU/GPU||Official Website||Free|
|3.||AMD Ryzen Master||RAM||Official Website||Free|
|4.||DRAM calculator for Ryzen||RAM||Third-party Website||Free|
|5.||Intel Extreme Memory Profile||RAM||Official Website||Free|
|6.||MemSet 4.1||RAM||Third-party Website||Free|
|7.||AMD Overdrive||RAM/CPU||Third-party Website||Free|
|8.||ATI Tools Tray||RAM/ CPU/ GPU||Third-party Website||Free|
1. Intel Extreme Tuning Utility
Intel Extreme Tuning Utility is one of the most popular RAM overclocking software. It is used by both beginners and experts. It is only reliable for users who use Intel processors and hardware. The best part about this tool this that it directly communicates with the BIOS and allows overclocked changes to imply without restarting the system. Some of the features of the Intel Extreme Tuning Utility are:
- This Intel tool helps you to monitor PC temperature and keep track of the performance rate of the system.
- It is a CPU overclocking software that can also be used to overclock individual components like RAM, processor, and GPU.
- The intuitive user interface of the tool is simple and easy to follow the overclocking process.
- This tool also allows you to change Voltage, Graphics, memory, and processor without affecting the stability.
- It is compatible with the Intel core processors that include the letters K, KF, HK, X, and XE in the processor number.
- This tool is free of cost and can be easily downloaded from the official website of Intel.
Also Read: How to check Intel processor generation of laptop?
2. EVGA Precision X1
EVGA Precision X1 is another RAM overclocking software that you can also use to overclock the CPU and GPU. The software also helps you to tune your NVIDIA graphics card by maximizing its performance. It is preferably best for beginners given the simple and easy-to-use interface. Some of the salient features of EVGA Precision X1 are listed below:
- This software allows you to keep a track of the temperature, clock speed, and voltage.
- It consists of an OC scanner that helps you perform stress tests efficiently.
- It is widely used by gamers as it commendably speeds up the system.
- It is free of cost and can be downloaded from the official website easily.
- It automatically sets the independent frequency and voltage points.
- You can conveniently customize the fan curve and fan control.
- This tool is compatible with Windows 8 (64-bit), Windows 10 (64-bit), and Windows 11.
Also Read: 8 Best GPU Support Bracket
3. AMD Ryzen Master
AMD Ryzen Master is one of best overclocking software that you can use to overclock your AMD Ryzen RAM and processors. The software contains Basic and Advanced views for beginners and experts respectively. Continue reading to learn more about this RAM overclocking software:
- The Basic view of the software automatically overclocks the CPU and provides you with details like CPU temperature, voltage, and speed.
- The Advanced view of the software gives you access to components like memory and memory voltage control, DRAM timings, voltage control, configurations, and individual core multipliers.
- AMD Ryzen Master provides you with three overclocking modes which are Default, Auto, and Manual.
- It also improves your gaming experience by overclocking the integrated graphics.
- This tool monitor and display the real-time performance of your PC.
- It can also be used as a CPU over the locking software.
- The software is free of cost and can be downloaded easily from the official website.
4. DRAM Calculator for Ryzen
DRAM calculator for Ryzen is an overclocking software that is used to overclock RAM exclusively in Ryzen-based hardware. It provides users with better performance and stability. Some of the other features of the DRAM calculator for Ryzen are listed below:
- The software is compatible with processors based on Zen and Zen 2 architecture.
- This tool is recommended for RAMs with a speed of more than 3200 MHz.
- It enables overclocking with the click of a button.
- DRAM calculator for Ryzen works with all versions of Windows with the configuration of both 32-bit and 64-bit.
- It is free of cost and can be downloaded from third-party websites.
Also Read: Fix AMD Radeon Wattman crash on Windows 10
5. Intel Extreme Memory Profile
Intel Extreme Memory Profile is a RAM overclocking software that is exclusive to Intel core processors. This overclocking software can be used by both beginners and experts. It provides users with a 10% boost in the performance level after overclocking RAM with this Intel tool. Some of the features of the Intel Extreme Memory Profile are listed below:
- This tool is compatible with DDR4/ DDR5 RAMs with Intel core processors.
- You can download this tool from the official website of Intel free of cost.
- It consists of a user-friendly interface.
- The downloading process is complicated as you need to be Intel XMP certified.
- It provides pre-tuned profiles for beginners.
- It enables the experts to add custom-built RAM profiles.
Also Read: Fix Intel RST service is not running in Windows 10
6. MemSet 4.1
MemSet 4.1 is RAM overclocking that helps you to tweak the memory timings to boost the performance of your PC. Though it looks basic and easy, you will need some practice to get adapted to overclocking to utilize the software to the fullest. Some of the features of this overclocking software are listed below:
- The user interface of the software is very basic.
- It is free of cost and you can easily download this software from third-party websites.
- It contains all the tweaking options straight in one window.
- It allows you to tweak options like Command per Clock, Precharge Delay, Row Cycle Time, Refresh Mode Select, and many more.
- It does not contain a help guide or Restore to Default tool.
- It is compatible with all versions of Windows.
Also read: What is clock interrupt?
7. AMD Overdrive
AMD Overdrive is one of the most popular overclocking tools that you can conveniently use for overclocking RAM. You can also use this software to overclock and tune your CPU. It enables you to run automatic stability tests as and when required. Other distinct features of AMD Overdrive are listed below:
- This software is known for its comprehensive approach to overclocking a system.
- It provides users with pre-tuned settings and memory profiles that can help you boost the performance of the Ram remarkably.
- Based on the configuration of the system, this software automatically tunes the CPU.
- It enables you to monitor the real-time performance of the Ram and CPU by keeping a track of the memory clock, memory timing, voltage, etc.
- The software is no longer available on the official website, you can download it from a third-party website free of cost.
- The software is easy-to-use and has an impressive user interface.
Also Read: Fix AMD catalyst control center missing
8. ATI Tray Tools
ATI Tray Tools is one of the best RAM overclocking tools that you can have to boost the performance of your PC. One of the reasons why you must use this software is that it requires very less space. This overclocking tool can also be used to overclock GPU as well. Some of the other features of this overclocking tool are listed below:
- You can use this tool to adjust memory clock speed, clock speed, and fan speed.
- It also enables you to the monitor temperature of the GPU and checks the overheating issues.
- ATI Tray Tools contains a unique feature of overclocking automatically in a 3D mode.
- It is a Radeon tweaker which is positioned in the Window tray to enable easy access to options and settings.
- You can download it for free from third-party websites.
- It provides users with a basic and easy-to-use interface.
Best CPU Overclocking Software
Here we bring you the list of software that you can use to tune in your CPU. CPU Overclocking software is listed below:
|1.||CPU Tweaker 2.0||CPU||Third-party Website||Free|
|2.||Intel Performance Maximizer||CPU||Official website||Free|
|3.||ClockTuner for Ryzen||CPU||Third-party Website||Free|
1. CPU Tweaker 2.0
CPU Tweaker 2.0 is one of best overclocking software that you can use to tune in your CPU. It is lightweight software, which enables you efficiently improve the speed of the CPU. It also helps to optimize the performance of the processor. Some of the features of this software has been listed below:
- CPU Tweaker 2.0 contains an integrated memory controller.
- The easy-to-use user interface of the software inculcates all the features in a single window.
- It enables you to find information about the CPU, system frequency, motherboard, and memory on the top area of the window.
- The bottom of the screen includes options like write recovery time, refresh cycle time, and a few others that you can use to alter the timings to adjust the CPU.
- It is compatible with all versions of Windows.
- It is free of cost and can be downloaded easily.
- It does contain a help guide and hence cannot be used by beginners.
Also Read: How to use high CPU usage on Windows 10?
2. Intel Performance Maximizer
Intel Performance Maximizer is best overclocking software that is exclusive to Intel processors. This software is easy to use and consists of a simple user interface. This software can be only used for 9th Gen Intel core processors. The best part about this software is that it analyses the potential of the software and automatically turns up to a speed that can be stable for the PC. Other features of the software are listed below:
- Intel Performance Maximizer tweaks the processor using machine-assisted tests.
- The software lets you know the safe parameters of the settings that you should not cross.
- Similar to Intel Extreme Tuning Utility, this Intel overclocking software does not require you to hamper the BIOS settings.
- This software provides a comprehensive guide to overclocking your CPU with a step-by-step guide.
- You can also run the in-built stress tests.
- It is free of cost and can be downloaded easily from the official website.
3. ClockTuner for Ryzen
ClockTuner for Ryzen is one of the best CPU overclocking software available. It can be used for AMD products exclusively. It is the most recommended and user-friendly overclocking software. It automatically boosts your PC performance without the requirement to tweak manually. Some of the other features of ClockTuner for Ryzen are listed below:
- This user-friendly software is suitable for beginners as well as experts.
- This software analyses the silicon quality of the CPU to automatically calculate and adjust the frequency and voltage.
- This software also runs stress tests to stabilize the system and avoid risks using safeguard mechanisms.
- It is third-party software that you can download easily and free of cost.
- The software is compatible with Zen 2 and Zen 3 CPUs.
Also Read: What is the difference between microprocessor and microcontroller?
SetFSB is an overclocking tool for the CPU. It is an advanced tool that is preferably not recommended for beginners. This software specifically FSB (Front Side Bus) speed. It is recommended to use suitable overclocking software with this one as you will need other tools to change other settings. This way it tunes your CPU resulting in a better performance. Other features of SetFSB are listed below:
- It provides you with a slider that can be used to increase or decrease the FSB accordingly.
- The software is known for its reliable performance.
- This tool efficiently bridges the gap between CPU and memory to make the system work.
- It also provides information about the RAM and CPU performance.
- It enables you to access other measures like temperature and frequency.
- You can download this software from a third-party website free of cost.
Best GPU Overclocking Software
For those looking for software that can help you overclock GPU. We have listed a few below:
|1.||MSI Afterburner||GPU||Official Website||Free|
|3.||ASUS GPU tweak II||GPU||Official Website||$99/ year|
|4.||GMA Booster||GPU||Third-party Website||Free|
|5.||Palit ThunderMaster||GPU||Official Website||Free|
|6.||NVIDIA Inspector||GPU||Official Website||Free|
|7.||Sapphire TriXX||GPU||Official Website||Free|
1. MSI Afterburner
MSI Afterburner is one of the most used GPU overclocking tools. You can use it with most of the graphic cards available. This software also lets you know all the details about the hardware that you are using. It provides users with a variety of features that we have listed below:
- MSI Afterburner allows you to control the graphics card by using a simple user interface.
- It provides you with details about the clock speed, voltage, temperature, and usage of the GPU report.
- It enables you to easily access the graphics card settings.
- You can easily customize the fan profile to balance the heat as well as the performance.
- It contains an OC scanner that allows you to overclock to the highest stable settings with a single click.
- This tool provides you with real-time information while playing games, which enables you to check the effects of overclocking settings.
- It is free of cost and can be downloaded easily from the official website.
- It is compatible with most of the graphic cards available.
Also Read: 14 ways to fix MSI Afterburner not working on Windows 10
RivaTuner is one of best overclocking software that you can use to tweak systems and create profiles for the number of applications you use. To be more precise, it is a driver-level OpenGL/Direct3D tweaking NVIDIA GPU software. It consists of various features of which we have listed a few of them below:
- This software allows you to keep a track of system performance with the display of real-time performance details.
- The user interface of the software is simple and easy to understand.
- It also supports some AMD/ATI GPUs.
- It enables you to tweak GPU settings and make changes to the power consumption, voltage, and clock speed of the GPU.
- RivaTuner helps you to monitor the temperature of the GPU, enabling you to keep a track of overheating issues.
- It is free of cost.
- This software is compatible with versions of Windows.
3. ASUS GPU Tweak II
ASUS GPU Tweak II is a GPU overclocking software that is exclusively meant for ASUS Graphics cards. The software functions in a similar way to the above-mentioned software MSI afterburner. This software has a simple yet impressive user interface. Some of the features of ASUS GPU Tweak II are listed below:
- This tool allows users to change settings like the voltage, core clock, or memory clock of their graphics card by just moving the sliders accordingly.
- It improves the gaming experience by removing unnecessary processes.
- It consists of three performance modes Gaming mode, Overclock mode, and Silent mode for various purposes.
- This tool is compatible with Windows 7, 8, 8.1,10 for both 32 and 64-bit configurations or NVIDIA 600 or AMD 7000 series.
- ASUS GPU tweaks II costs $99 for a year.
Also Read: 6 ways to access BIOS in Windows 10 (Dell, Asus, and HP)
4. GMA Booster
GMA Booster is one of best overclocking software that one must have. This tool improves the performance of advanced 3D gaming, a flawless operating system, and other personal applications. Unlike other GPU overclocking tools, this one is also compatible with other operating systems other than Windows. Some of the other features of GMA Booster that make it stand out among the rest are listed below:
- It provides 2.4x of the additional processing capability of the integrated graphics engine of your system.
- It is compatible with Windows, macOS, and Linux.
- This tool enables you to select the desired frequency for your graphics processor which can be up to 400 MHz.
- It is an easy-to-use software but it is not recommended for beginners.
- Users must be very careful while changing the core clock settings of the graphics card.
- You can download it for free from any third-party website.
5. Palit ThunderMaster
Palit ThunderMaster is one of the best GPU overclocking software that you can use provided you are an NVIDIA GPU user. It is free software that you can download from the official website itself. Other peculiar features of this GPU are listed below:
- The software enables you to adjust voltage, FPS, power consumption, temperature, and clock and fan speed.
- It provides users with multiple ways to adjust the fan speed.
- This tool allows users to save the settings in up to six different profiles.
- It consists of a scanner that examines the GPU to provide suitable overclock settings.
- The interface of this tool is user-friendly.
- It also offers users LED controls and lighting modes.
Also Read: 7 Best GPU temperature monitor tools
6. NVIDIA Inspector
NVIDIA Inspector is GPU overclocking tool that you can use to adjust various settings only if you have NVIDIA GPU as the name suggests. This software turns out to be essential as it provides you with important details about the GPU. Some of the other peculiar features of this GPU overclocking tool is listed below:
- It provides users with a friendly user interface.
- You can easily overclock your GPU by clicking on the overclocking tab and selecting the required presets.
- The presets consists of measures like temperature, power consumption, GPU’s voltage, and fan speed.
- The software is frequently updated.
- It consists of an in-built power saver which controls power consumption.
- It also contains a special panel that enables you to control all the settings of your graphics card.
- It is free software that you can download easily from the software’s official website.
- It is compatible with Windows XP, 7, 8/8.1, and Windows 10.
7. Sapphire TriXX
Sapphire TriXX is one of the best GPU overclocking software that you can use to tune in your graphic cards. This tool exclusively works for Sapphire or AMD GPUs. With Sapphire TriXX, you can adjust various settings on the graphic card. Continue reading to know about the features of this GPU overclocking tool:
- It enables you to tweak the memory clock speed, GPU clock speed, and voltage.
- This tool allows you to save the tweaked settings in up to 5 different profiles.
- Like the other software, it also displays the real-time update of the GPU performance as and when the changes are made.
- The software also provides you with a review of the overclocked settings.
- It consists of two overclocking modes, one is Stealth mode which saves power and the other is Power mode ensures efficient performance of the GPU.
- It provides users with a powerful engine and intuitive user interface.
- It enables you to control the fan speed to customize the cooling level.
- You can easily download the website from the official website free of cost.
nTune is an NVIDIA product meant for handling GPU performance. It can also be used to monitor and adjust metrics like temperature and voltage. The unique feature of this tool is that it implies the changes within the Windows interface than the BIOS. Other distinct features are mentioned below:
- This tool enables the users to make use of the overclocked changes without the need to restart the system.
- nTune automatically detects the running application and optimizes the PC settings accordingly.
- It provides you with optimal settings for memory timings, bus speed, hyper transport, CPU registers, voltages, and fans.
- It consists of an easy-to-use interface.
- This overclocking tool also enables you to configure the GPU settings manually as well.
- You can easily download this overclocking tool for free from the official website of NVIDIA.
Also Read: Fix not currently using a display attached to NVIDIA GPU desktop issue
9. Zotac Firestorm
Zotac Firestorm is not a known but powerful GPU overclocking tool. It consists of an amazing and appealing user interface. It is compatible with Zotac and all NVIDIA graphics cards. You can easily overclock your GPU with just a few clicks. Some of the other features of Zotac Firestorm are listed below:
- It enables you to tune GPU settings like the voltage, clock speed, power consumption, and memory clock speed.
- You can optimally adjust the fan speed as required.
- This tool allows you to save the tweaked settings in up to 3 different profiles.
- It provides users with a modern and user-friendly interface.
- This overclocking software consists of a scanner that picks the perfect overclock settings for your GPU.
- It shares real-time updates about clock speed, memory utilization, fan speed, memory clock speed, voltage, and temperature.
- You can easily download this tool from the official website free of cost.
Pros and Cons of Overclocking
Just as every other thing has its pros and cons overclocking your PC has also a few pros and cons. We will first begin with the pros of overclocking.
Pros of Overclocking
Listed below are the pro of overclocking your PC:
- You can see a visible difference in the performance of the PC.
- You get a more satisfying and enhanced gaming experience.
- It increases the FPS (Frames per second) rate of your system.
- Overclocking increases the durability of old devices or components.
- It does not cost you money as you download the software and overclock your PC yourself.
Cons of Overclocking
Listed below are the cons of overclocking your PC:
- The performance boost can be increased only by 5 to 20%.
- Overclocking reduces the durability of the components and the system.
- It might cause overheating issues.
- It also leads to irreparable damage, crash, or instability.
- By overclocking you lose on the benefits of warranty in case of damage or repair.
- If overclocking is unsuccessful your PC is left with no use.
- How to Find Printer IP Address on Windows 10
- PC Positive vs Negative Pressure Fan: Which is Better?
- How to Overclock RAM in BIOS
- What is Normal CPU Temp while Gaming?
Overclocking software has made life much easier by providing an instant performance boost. We hope that this guide was helpful and you were able to learn about the best RAM overclocking software. Let us know which software worked for you best. If you have any queries or suggestions, feel free to drop them in the comments section below.