Not many people know that printers also have a unique dedicated IP address like a PC or smartphone. This IP address helps devices identify the printer and connect it to a Wi-Fi network as well. Apart from this, you also need to know about your printer IP address to troubleshoot any related technical issues shortly. So, if you were also wondering how to find printer IP address Windows 10 using cmd, this article is for you. Read till the end to know a quick resolution for how to find the IP address of a printer on Windows 7 and 10.
How to Find Printer IP Address on Windows 10
Finding your printer’s IP address is not that difficult. The methods mentioned in this article are easy, quick, and above all, suitable for beginners. You do not need much tech knowledge to figure out anything.
Method 1: By Printing Configuration Sheet
To your surprise, you can find your printer IP address by simply printing the configuration sheet.
- For wireless printers, you can print the sheet by long pressing the power button for around 10 seconds.
- On other printers, you will have to print the configuration sheet through Settings or Control. Simply go to Menu > Information > Print Configuration/Config report.
Method 2: Using Control Panel
This is how to find the IP address of a printer via PC Control Panel:
1. From the Windows search bar, search for Control Panel and press the Enter key to open it.
2. Next, click on Hardware and Sound.
3. Click on the Devices and Printers option.
4. Right-click on the desired printer and choose Properties from the context menu.
5. Now, switch to the Ports tab to see the IP address of that printer.
Note: Your printer driver will either use a WSD (Web Services for Devices) or TCP/IP port to connect securely. Accordingly, three or five tabs will appear after you click on Properties.
Method 3: Via Computer Settings
This is one of the easiest methods to find the IP address of your printer without going through too much hassle. Here is how to do it:
1. Press the Windows key and click on Settings.
2. Click on Devices.
3. Click on Printers & scanners from the left pane menu.
4. Next, click on the desired printer > Manage option.
5. Click on Printer properties.
6A. Locate the IP address in the Location section of the General tab.
6B. Or, click on the Ports tab and select the port with a check mark.
Note: If you are still unable to locate your printer IP address, click on Configure Port option.
Method 4: Through Router Setup Page
This method is helpful for people who have access rights to their routers. It will help in finding the IP address using the router setup menu page.
1. Open desired web browser on your PC/laptop.
2. Type 192.168.1.1 in the address bar and press the Enter key on your keyboard.
3. Next, enter your router Username and Password and click on Login.
4. Now, locate the Connected Devices section where you will find all the information, including device name, interface, and IP address.
Also Read: Where is the WPS Button on Canon Printer?
How to Find Printer IP Address Windows 10 using CMD?
Follow the below-mentioned steps to know how to find printer IP address Windows 10 using CMD:
1. Press the Windows key and open Command Prompt from the search bar.
2. Next, type the following command and press Enter key.
Now you will have complete information on all the network devices connected as well as your printer IP address.
How to Find Printer IP Address Windows 7?
Here are the steps you need to follow for your how to find printer IP address Windows 7 query:
1. Open the Control Panel on your Windows 7 PC/laptop.
2. Click on Hardware and Sound > Device and Printers.
3. Right-click on the desired printer and click on the Printer properties option from the context menu.
4. Click on the Ports tab and locate the desired printer with the IP address mentioned.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. What is an IP address for a printer?
Ans. The IP address of your printer can be understood as a unique identification number assigned to your device. This number helps them to connect to a network connection.
Q2. Does my printer have an IP address?
Ans. Yes, every printer has an IP address that helps it to connect to a computer or laptop using the Wi-Fi network.
Q3. Why is my PC not finding my printer?
Ans. If your PC is unable to find your printer, you can try a few things. For instance, ensure that you have properly connected the printer cable. If it is a wireless printer, you can troubleshoot internet connection by restarting router or modem.
- Application Integration Top New Trends Expected in 2023
- PC Positive vs Negative Pressure Fan: Which is Better?
- Fix Server IP Address Could Not be Found on Windows 10
- Add a Printer in Windows 10 [GUIDE]
We hope this article helped you in understanding how to find printer IP address Windows 10. If so, let us know which method worked the best in your case. Also, do not forget to share your reviews and feedback in the comments down below.