If you are running any organization, it is expected to have a system that lets you have a minimal amount of systems and maximal output. Imagine having to connect an individual Printer to every PC for producing the output or on the contrary, having to use only a single PC that can be used to print the documents. Both situations are not of anyone’s liking, so in this article, we will discuss the WPS button on Printer, which allows you to connect the printer and use it as a common Printer for all PCs. To do so, you need to have a good understanding of the button and its functionality, so that, you can know the method to use the WPS button on access point Canon Printer for connecting to the network. So now, the prime question arises, where is the WPS button on Canon Printer. In this article, we will learn about using the WPS button on the Canon Printer to connect to the network and also discuss the methods to connect your Printer to the Network using the Settings menu on the Printer.
Where is the WPS Button on Canon Printer?
The Canon Printer comes with a WPS button that enables you to connect the Printer to a Local Area Network. The WPS method, also known as the Push button method is a method of connecting the Canon Printer to an access point Wireless Router or a Gateway. The WPS button will let you connect the Canon Printer to the Wireless Local Area Network (WLAN) on the building. The WPS button is available on the panel and is indicated by a Wireless icon on the button. This button is extremely useful if you have connected all the devices on a particular office building to a common network, and you can use any of the PCs to print the file using the same Printer.
How to Set Up the Canon Printer to the WLAN using the WPS button
After having a brief introduction of the answer to the question of where is the WPS button on Canon Printer, you can now understand how to set up the Canon Printer to the WLAN. There are two methods to set up the Canon Printer to the Wireless Local Area Network on your building.
Method 1: Through WPS Button
The first method is using the WPS button on the Canon Printer and the setup process is very simple. All you need to do is to enable the buttons on the devices to let the devices automatically get connected to the network.
1. Find the location of the WPS button on the Canon Printer panel.
Note: If the WPS button is activated on your Canon Printer, you can see the Wi-Fi lamp flash on rhythmically on the Canon Printer.
2. Press the WPS button on the Wireless Router within 2 minutes and you should see the devices getting connected.
Note 1: If you haven’t activated the WPS button on the Wireless router within 2 minutes, the devices may not get connected.
Note 2: Turn off the Wi-Fi connection on all the unpaired devices while you are setting up the Canon Printer to the WLAN router for quick connectivity.
Also Read: How to Fix Printer Not Responding in Windows 10
Method 2: Through WPS Settings Menu
If your Canon Printer has no WPS button on the panel, then, you can follow the options in this method to connect your Canon Printer to the WLAN network. You will be able to access the WPS settings using the options discussed below and you can easily connect the Printer to the Network.
Option I: Using HOME Button
The first option is to use the HOME button on the Canon Printer panel. If you are perplexed with the question of where is the WPS button on Canon Printer, you can use this option to access the WPS settings on the Canon Printer using the HOME button.
1. Enter the Printer’s setup menu using the MENU button on the Canon Printer’s panel.
2. Use the arrow keys to move to the WLAN icon on the screen and press the left function key beneath the arrow keys to select it.
3. Navigate to the Wireless LAN Setup in the Settings screen using the arrow keys on the Canon Printer panel and then press the OK button.
Note 1: The Wireless LAN Setup may be also available as the Wireless Setup or the Network Setup on the screen.
Note 2: The Wi-Fi lamp on the bottom-left part of the Printer’s panel would flash on when the wireless connection of the Canon Printer is enabled.
4. In the Wireless LAN setup screen, move to the WPS (Push button method) tab and press the OK button to select the option.
5. Press the OK button on the next screen to confirm the selection.
6. Press the WPS button on the Wireless Router for 2 minutes for the connection to take place.
7. Press the OK button on the Canon Printer within 2minutes to connect the Printer to the Wireless LAN network.
Also Read: Fix Common Printer Problems in Windows 10
Option II: Using Setup Button
The second option to connect the Canon Printer to the WLAN is using the Setup button on the Canon Printer panel. If you cannot find the answer to the question of where is the WPS button on Canon Printer but can easily access the WLAN settings that will allow you to connect to the Wireless router.
1. Press the Setup button indicated by the Tools icon on the Canon Printer’s panel.
2. Move to the Wireless LAN setup tab on the screen and press the OK button on the Setup Menu.
3. Press the Stop/ Reset button on the Printer’s panel, select the Wireless LAN Setup Standard Setup option displayed on the screen, and press the OK button on the panel.
4. Navigate to the specific network in the list of available networks on the screen and press the OK button twice.
Note: If the network is not displayed, use the arrow keys to select the Search again option on the screen and press the OK button.
5. Enter the security Passphrase on the next screen using the numeric keys on the Printer panel and press the OK button.
Note: Press the * key to toggle between the Uppercase and lowercase characters in the numeric pad.
6. Press the OK button to complete the setup of the Wi-Fi network to your Canon Printer.
The main objective of the article is to discuss the method to use the WPS button on Printer to connect to the Wireless Local Area Network in a building. The position of the WPS button that enables you to connect the Canon Printer to the network is also elaborated. You can use this article to use the WPS button on access point Canon Printer to connect the Printer as a device to the access point Wireless Router or Gateway. Please use the comments section below to let us know about your suggestions and feel free to raise your queries on the WPS button on the Canon Printer.
- Fix Login Failed Your Account Cannot Play on this Platform Fortnite
- Which is Better Between 21:9 vs 16:9 Monitors?
- 13 Best Cheap Android TV Box
- Fix WD My Passport Ultra Not Detected on Windows 10
We hope that this guide was helpful and you were able to know about where is the WPS button on Canon Printer. Keep visiting our page for more cool tips & tricks and leave your comments below. Also, let us know what you want to learn next.