While surfing internet in your browser, you may face Server IP address could not be found error. This is a common issue for the Google Chrome users. We bring to you a helpful guide that will fix server IP address could not be found error on Windows 10. So, continue reading!
Table of Contents
How to Fix Server IP Address Could Not be Found on Windows 10
One of the most popular web browser is Google Chrome. However if you are facing the error while browsing in the Chrome browser, then do not worry! This issue may be caused due to various reasons like;
- Unstable Internet Connection
- Corrupt Browser Cache and Cookies
- Incorrect IP Address
- Corrupt DNS Cache
- Outdated Network Drivers
Here, we have listed all possible methods to fix the said issue on Windows 10.
Method 1: Troubleshoot Network Adapter
The said issue may occur due to your network error. You can run the network adapter troubleshooter to fix any errors with your network adapter. Read our guide to troubleshoot network connectivity on Windows 10.
Method 2: Clear Browser Cache
The cache files in your web browser may get corrupt. You can try to clear the cache and cookies of your browser and try to check if the error still persists or not. Follow these steps to clear browser cache.
1. Launch the Chrome browser from Windows search bar as shown.
2. Now, click on the three-dotted icon at the top right corner.
3. Here, click on the More tools option.
4. Next, click on the Clear browsing data… option.
Note: You can type chrome://settings/clearBrowserData in the search bar to launch the browser history page directly.
5. Here, select the Time range in the next window. Check the boxes marked:
- Cookies and other site data and
- Cached images and files.
6. Finally, click on Clear data.
Also Read: Fix This Plugin is Not Supported error in Chrome
Method 3: Clear DNS Cache
You can try to clear the DNS cache to fix server IP address could not be found error. Follow our guide to flush and reset the DNS cache in Windows 10.
Method 4: Release and Renew IP Address
Here are the steps to release and renew the IP address.
1. Hit the Windows key, type Command Prompt, and click on Run as administrator.
2. Firstly you should flush the DNS cache as shown in Method 2.
3. Once the above process is complete, type ipconfig /release and press the Enter key.
4. Then, type ipconfig/renew and hit Enter to renew your IP.
Also Read: Fix No WiFi Networks Found in Windows 10
Method 5: Change DNS Address
Incorrect DNS address also cause this said Chrome error. You can change your DNS address to fix the error. Follow the given steps to change DNS address.
1. Press the Windows key, type Control Panel and click on Open.
2. Set View by > Category and click on View network status and tasks.
3. Now, click on the Change adapter settings option at the left sidebar.
4. Next, right-click on your currently active internet connection and select Properties, as highlighted.
5. In the Properties window, double-click on Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4).
6. Next, check the options titled Obtain an IP address automatically and Use the following DNS server addresses, as highlighted.
6a. For the Preferred DNS server, enter the Google Public DNS address as: 184.108.40.206
6b. And, In the Alternate DNS server, enter the other Google Public DNS as: 220.127.116.11
7. Lastly, click on OK to save the changes and reboot the PC.
Method 6: Restart DNS Cache
You can follow these steps to restart DNS cache.
1. Press the Windows + R keys together to open Run dialog box.
2. Then type services.msc and press the Enter key to open Services window.
3. Right-click on DNS Client and select Restart.
Note: If you find no restart option and unable to restart it from this method, you do not need to worry. You just need to open an elevated Command Prompt on your system.
4. Type the following command and press the Enter key.
net stop dnscache
5. To start it again, type the given command and hit the Enter key.
net start dnscache
Also Read: How to Reset Network Settings on Windows 10
Method 7: Update Network Driver
Outdated network drive also can cause server IP address could not be found error. If you do not have the latest driver versions installed, then this may create bugs and can result in the unstable network connection. So, updating your network driver is necessary for a good network connection. Read our guide to update network drivers on Windows 10.
Method 8: Verify Proxy Settings
If you are using a proxy server, then using a particular proxy can create issues with your internet. You can change your proxy server to solve this problem. Follow the steps listed below to verify proxy settings.
1. Hit the Windows key and type Proxy and click on Change proxy settings from the search results.
2. Here, switch on the toggle for Automatically detect settings.
- How to Perform Reverse Scrolling on Windows 10
- Fix Incognito Mode Error on Netflix
- Fix Outlook Trying to Connect to Server on Windows 10
- Fix Minecraft Server Can’t Keep Up
We hope that you learned how to fix server IP address could not be found on Windows 10. Feel free to reach out to us with your queries and suggestions via the comments section below. Let us know what you want to learn about next.