Several PC users have complained about the Radeon WattMan crash occurring suddenly on their PC. This error may have many different reasons to show up on the computer, which has the AMD Radeon graphics installed. If you also want to resolve this unexpected error, continue reading this article till the end. You will learn about what is Radeon WattMan and ways to fix the default Radeon WattMan error in detail. So, continue reading to fix AMD WattMan crash issue.
Table of Contents
How to Fix AMD Radeon WattMan Crash on Windows 10
So, you might ask, what is Radeon WattMan? Radeon WattMan is a power management utility by AMD whuch controls engine and memory clocks, fan speeds, GPU voltage, and temperature. It is used to provide overclocking features to the PC. And it is also famous for the preciseness it shows in the regulations of the overclocking. So, before any more of your queries, let us first see the reasons why this Radeon WattMan crash will transpire on your computer.
- Enabled Fast Startup feature
- Corrupted system files
- Overclocked GPU
- Graphics driver related issues
- Defective Graphics card
These are some of the reasons you are facing the said issue on your PC. Now, let us jump write into the methods explaining how to fix the issue.
Method 1: Disable Fast Startup
If the Fast Startup option is enabled on your PC, your PC may not be loading the graphics driver properly with the quick boot. It creates graphics driver issues, and further may cause the Radeon WattMan crash. To fix this error, you will have to disable the Fast Startup feature to load the graphics drivers properly on your computer. After disabling this feature, you may resolve the AMD WattMan crash issue instantly.
Method 2: Reinstall Graphics Drivers
If you have disable the Fast Startup option on your PC but still facing the Radeon WattMan settings restored due to unexpected system failure error, try installing the latest graphics driver. This method will replace the old and corrupted graphics drivers with the ones with the new version. Follow the steps below to do the same on your PC and fix Radeon WattMan crash issue.
1. Type Device Manager in the Windows search bar and click on the Open option, as shown.
2. Click on the Display adapters option to expand it.
3. Right-click on the desired graphics driver and click on Uninstall device.
3. Check the box for Delete the driver software for this device and click Uninstall from the confirmation popup.
4. Now, visit the AMD Support page to find and download the graphics drivers.
5. Select the correct graphics driver for your device from the list, as shown below, and click on SUBMIT.
6. Click on the suitable OS of your device on which you will download the drivers.
7. Click on the DOWNLOAD option to start the downloading process.
8. Follow the on-screen instructions to install the driver. After this, check if the Radeon WattMan crash error is resolved or not.
Also Read: Fix AMD Catalyst Control Center Missing
Method 3: Do Not Overclock GPU
If the graphics frequency on your computer increases above the recommended limit set by the manufacturer, the Radeon WattMan crash error may appear. Although it gives a performance surge to your PC, this overclocking can also result in the issues and errors most users do not want to face. So, it is recommended that you should not overclock the GPU on your PC to avoid errors, like as Radeon WattMan settings restored due to unexpected system failure.
Method 4: Repair System Files
Sometimes, if the system files are corrupted and not working properly, this Radeon WattMan crash error can occur on the PC which has an AMD Radeon graphics card. You can fix this error by repairing the files with the help of DISM tools or the SFC scan now command. Follow our guide on How to Repair System Files on Windows 10 to repair the corrupt system files and resolve the default Radeon WattMan error.
Also Read: Fix AMD Error Windows Cannot Find Bin64 –Installmanagerapp.exe
Method 5: Uninstall Overclocking Programs
As we know that the Radeon WattMan is an overclocking tool, it obviously does not work well with some of the other overclocking tool on your PC. Follow the steps below to uninstall another overclocking program to fix the said error.
1. Press the Windows key, type Control Panel and click on Open.
2. Set View as > Category from the top right corner. Click on the Uninstall a program option from the Programs section.
3. From the list of installed programs, locate the overclocking program and right-click on it.
4. Click on the Uninstall option and confirm the popup.
5. Follow the on-screen instructions to uninstall the desired overclocking programs from your PC.
6. Finally, restart the PC to check if the default Radeon WattMan error is fixed or not.
Method 6: Change Graphics Card
If none of the above methods has worked for you to solve the AMD WattMan crash error, you may consider changing the graphics card on your PC. You can also use the internal graphic card if your computer has an Intel processor. It may fix the problem for you and resolve any other unknown graphics issues as well.
- Fix Warframe Error 10054 on Windows 10
- Fix Nexus Mod Manager a Problem Occurred During Install
- Fix Battlefront 2 Mouse Not Working in Windows 10
- Fix NVIDIA Control Panel Missing in Windows 10
We hope you understood the methods to resolve the Radeon WattMan crash issue on your Windows PC. You can let us know any queries about this article or suggestions about any other topic you want us to make an article on. Drop them in the comments section below for us to know.
does not matter which driver, this fails constantly.. I have no tweaks,, just a bad software…
Nic z tego nie podziałało , tylko wymiana karty !!