VKontakte is one of Russia’s most popular social media platforms. It’s like Russia’s version of Facebook. However, it is possible that just a small number of individuals residing outside of Russia are aware of VK and have used it. You may have created an account out of curiosity or to communicate with Russian pals. However, your Russian friends may have joined Facebook, rendering VKontakte obsolete. If you’re one of them who registered an account only to discover later that’s not the case, it’s best to remove it; we’ve got your back. We’ll show you how to delete Vkontakte (VK) account in this article.
Table of Contents
How to Delete VK Account
Let’s start with archiving the data on your VKontakte account. VKontakte will email you an archive including all of your information. However, you can’t expect to receive everything you’ve collected throughout your time on VKontakte. Because the corporation prohibits the downloading of music and films, the archive will be useless in this respect. For exporting media files from VK, there are a plethora of programmes and plugins available online. However, keep in mind that they are all unauthorised, which means they might be unreliable or even malevolent. As a result, we do not recommend utilising them. You can still preserve a lot of important information:
- Chats between individuals: All of your chats with people and communities, even those you removed lately, will be emailed to you (not earlier than six months before creating the archive).
- Your posts: More specifically, the text of your postings, which includes links to photographs, videos, and the posts themselves, as well as a reminder that they used to include audio (if it was). In other words, when you remove your profile, the media files in your postings are deleted, but you may still access other people’s messages that you published using the link in the archive.
- Your images. You’ll get an HTML page containing all of your albums, saved photos, and photos in which you’ve been tagged. True, photographs are posted from the VKontakte servers to this website and may only be seen while on these servers. They will stay in your account for at least another 210 days after it is deleted, giving you plenty of time to recover them. They can be erased after that, so we recommend storing your favourite memes one at a time.
- Lists of friends, as well as persons and communities you’re interested in. You will be able to view their postings even if you delete your account if such profiles are not restricted to unregistered people.
- Information about your profile: An HTML page is created with your contact information, user photo, list of hobbies, favourite quotations, and other information you’ve shared about yourself.
It’s worth noting that the archive can take several days to produce, so there’s no way to make a rapid download and delete. When the VKontakte administration gives you a mail with a link to the backup, save it right away; the archive will only be accessible for one week for download. Below are the methods to delete VK account on various platforms.
Note: After 210 days, your VK account will be permanently destroyed if you remove it.
Method 1: Through Official Site
It’s time to get down to business now that you’ve saved all you can. It’s simple to leave VKontakte. Follow the given steps to delete your Vkontakte (VK) account on Windows.
1. Navigate to the VKontakte official website and Sign in to your account.
2. At the upper right of the page, click the user photo icon.
3. Click on the Settings option.
3. Scroll all the way down and select the You can delete your account here option.
4. Choose a reason and click on Delete account button.
Also Read: How to Make a YouTube Account Without Gmail
Method 2: Through VK App
It’s possible that you don’t have access to a desktop or laptop and wish to delete VK account. Unfortunately, there is no such option on the VKontakte mobile app. To log out of the social network on a smartphone, you must first check in using a browser. Here are the steps to delete VKontakte on web browser.
1. Open the VK app and tap on the profile icon.
2. Select the Settings option.
3. Then, tap on your profile.
4. Here, tap on Security and login option.
5. Next, select Delete VK ID Account.
6. Finally, tap on Delete account button.
Also Read: How to Delete Venmo Account
How to Delete a Page You Can’t Access
Now that you know how to delete VK account and you can see, deleting a VKontakte profile is not difficult. But deleting a page you don’t have access to can be tricky. Here’s how to try to to delete a page you can’t access. Firstly, lets try to re-establish access:
1. Go to the VK account Sign in page.
2. Enter your phone number and click on Continue.
3. Then, click on the Forgot password option.
4. Follow the on-screen instructions to sign in.
You can follow the given points if you have trouble in signing in.
- If you don’t recall any details or can’t find your associated phone, use the recovery form to specify the link to the relevant page.
- You will be asked to enter a valid phone number and validate your identification by the social network.
- To do so, you’ll need to remember either the phone number you used to link the page or one of your previous passwords, or better yet, both. If you can’t think of anything, you’ll be prompted to snap a photograph of yourself against the app’s backdrop and submit it.
- You can contact the support team via another account as a last option.
If you’ve overindulged in anime avatars and made-up names, you’re unlikely to get help. However, if the profile you wish to erase includes your actual name and photo, follow these steps:
1. Sign in to your new account, click on the avatar symbol in the top right corner of the screen.
2. Then, pick Help from the dropdown menu.
3. Expand the answer to the question How can I block an account I don’t have access to? it in the resulting FAQ list.
4. Then, click the Block old account option beneath it.
5. You’ll be asked to describe the issue, provide a link to the website, and attach two photos: one of yourself against the backdrop of the block request, and another of you against the backdrop of the block request.
6. Fill in the blanks, upload the required files, and submit the request.
7. Wait for a response from the customer service personnel and then follow their instructions.
What Happens If Your VK Account is Deleted?
According to VK’s regulations, all of your data will not be deleted for at least six months after your account is deleted. Your comments and likes will not be deleted. In listings of friends and community members, your name will still appear.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. Will my deleted VK account be restored?
Ans: Within 7 months, you will be able to reclaim your account (210 days). Your page’s information and the content will be available once again. Your account will be completely terminated after 7 months.
Q2. What should I do if my account has been suspended?
Ans: Sign in to your account to discover the reason for your ban and the length of time it will last, then follow the procedures to regain access to your page. To avoid being banned again, carefully read the safety guidelines.
- Fix Faulty GIFs on Android
- How to Delete Your ICQ Account Permanently
- 4 Ways to Watch Hallmark Channel Without Cable
- 15 Best IRC Client for Mac and Linux
We hope you found this information useful and that you were able to know how to delete VKontakte VK account. Please let us know which technique was the most beneficial for you. Please use the form below if you have any queries or comments.