As a beginner in Microsoft Word 2010, it is easy to insert blank pages in the middle of the document, which causes unnecessary clutter or blank spaces in the document. This is a common beginner mistake; someone with beginner experience may say to delete the page. It is easy and technically incorrect to say that you could not even see the page since a blank space in a Word document is still data containing a space (space bar or tab). So you might ask how to delete a page in Word 2010 or remove page in Microsoft Word; you have asked the right question. We have some technically right ways to ensure you delete the pages correctly as intended. Also, these steps are valid for how to remove page in Word 2016. Let’s delete some pages!
Table of Contents
How to Delete a Page in Word 2010
In this article, we have listed all the possible methods to remove page in Microsoft Word. Follow these steps to delete a page in Word 2010.
Method 1: Use Paragraph Markers
When you are working on a document and accidentally inserting a blank page in the middle of the document, it will be hard to know to remove the blank pages. Here, paragraph markers come into play. What the paragraph marker does is when a user switches it on, these paragraph markers appear on every blank line and each paragraph end. So, the user can pinpoint the blank pages and select those markers by highlighting with the cursor and deleting them. Let us see how to do these by following the simple steps given below to solve your query on how to delete a page in Word 2010:
1. Click on the Paragraph marker in the Home tab.
Note: It can also be activated by keyboard combinations Ctrl + Shift + 8 keys.
2. Select the paragraph markers using your mouse or trackpad in case of a laptop.
3. Press the Delete key to delete the highlighted blank spaces.
Method 2: Use Go To Tool
If you want to go to some page and delete content in it or its entire page, you can also use the Go To tool and Remove Page in Microsoft Word. Follow the below steps on how to delete a page in Word 2010:
1. Press Ctrl + G keys simultaneously to open the Go To window.
2. Enter the page number and click on Go To.
3. Close the Go To window.
4A. If the page you are trying to delete has content in it, select the entire content and press the Delete key.
4B. If you have a blank page, drag your mouse on the blank page and press the Delete key to remove page in Microsoft Word.
After deleting the middle page, the page below it, i.e., page no: 3 will become page no: 2.
Note: Place the cursor on the last blank page and follow Steps 1–3. But type \page instead of the page number. Now, press the Delete key to delete the selected paragraph markers on the last page.
Method 3: Delete Last Blank Page
Sometimes, you will encounter a blank page at the end of the Word document. You can utilize this method if you want to delete just the last page of the file. This last blank file occurs due to some glitches in some versions of Microsoft Word. Follow these steps:
1. After you have completed using the Word document if you want to omit the last blank page, click on the File menu, followed by Save As.
2. In the Save As window, choose PDF from the Save as type drop-down menu.
3. Now, click on Options… to open PDF options.
4. Select the Page(s) radio button.
5. Choose page numbers in From and To to save the number of pages in the document. Here, you can omit the blank page on the last page by specifying the page number before it.
6. Click OK to save as a PDF with the required changes.
Method 4: Use Navigation Pane
You can use the Navigation Pane in Microsoft Word to delete pages. The navigation pane allows easy navigation through your content and easy deletion of pages. To delete pages using the Navigation Pane, follow the below steps:
Note: Some versions of Microsoft Word don’t allow deletion of a page in the Navigation Pane.
1. Click on the View tab on Microsoft Word.
2. Check the box near the Navigation Pane to access the feature.
3. Now, click on any page you want to delete in the Navigation Pane, which is visible on the left side.
4. Press the Delete key to delete that page.
Note: If the above process does not work, select the page’s content with your mouse or trackpad and press the Delete key to delete that page.
This can clear your doubt on how to delete a page in Word 2010.
Also Read: How to Insert a Line in Word
Method 5: Delete Blank Page due to Breaks
Follow these steps to delete blank page due to breaks.
Option I: Delete Section Break
You can easily delete the section break if there is a blank page in Word due to a section break.
1. Place the cursor before the Section Break.
2. Press the Delete key to delete it.
Option II: Delete Page Break
Follow the below steps to delete a page due to the Page Break feature:
1. Double-click on the Page Break.
2. Press the Delete key to delete it.
How to Add Page in Word
Follow the below steps to add a new page in Word:
1. Place the cursor where you want to add the page. For instance, place the cursor before or after a paragraph.
2. Click on the Insert menu.
3. Click on the Blank Page.
Also Read: How to Write Roman Numbers in Word
How to Add Page Numbers in Word Document
For adding numbers in a Word document, follow the below steps:
1. Click on the Insert menu.
2. Click on the Page Number drop-down and choose the top or bottom of the page style for the number as per your choice.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. How do I make an exact copy of a page and paste it to another page?
Ans. Select the text you want to duplicate. Press the Ctrl + C keys simultaneously to copy, and hit the Ctrl + V keys together on a new page where you want the exact copy of the text to be copied.
Q2. What is the shortcut to delete the Word document page?
Ans. Select the page you want to delete by selecting it and pressing the Backspace or Delete key.
- Fix The Group or Resource is Not in the Correct State to Perform the Requested Operation
- How to Fix We’re Sorry But Word Has Run into an Error in Windows 10
- How to Duplicate a Page in Microsoft Word
- How to Change Background Color in Microsoft Word
We hope the methods and techniques mentioned in this article are informative and useful and can answer how to delete a page in Word 2010. These steps are valid for how to remove page in Word 2016. Please let us know which one of the methods you like. If you have any queries or suggestions about this article, please feel free to drop them in the comment section below. Have a nice day!