ICQ is a popular VOIP and cross-platform communicator. It operates on a variety of platforms, including Android, iOS, Windows, macOS, Linux, and the web. Mirabilis, an Israeli business, created the platform in 1996. It was purchased by AOL in 1998, and subsequently by Mail.ru Group in 2010, which still owns it now. We bring to you a perfect guide that will teach you how to delete your ICQ account permanently. So, continue reading!
How to Delete Your ICQ Account Permanently
You may add them to your page, talk to them, and use ICQ to start and join PC-to-PC, PC-to-phone, and phone-to-phone calling cards. According to Mail.ru, 11 million individuals utilize the instant messaging app every month throughout the world.
- It contains numerous clever features, such as audio-to-text conversion, smart answers, webinar support for up to 500 people, user status updates, chat polls, and the ability to respond to several messages at once, among others.
- You may also email full-size photographs and movies without compression, and it comes with a built-in photo and video editor.
If you no longer desire to use ICQ, you may immediately end your account. You can’t remove an ICQ account through the app; you must use a web browser to do it. Here’s how to unsubscribe from ICQ.
Note: Closing an ICQ account is permanent and deletes all of your ICQ data.
Method 1: Through Official ICQ Website
If you want to delete your ICQ account via a web browser, follow the procedures below:
1. Go to ICQ official website and click on Accept and continue.
2. At the bottom right corner, click the gear symbol to open the settings page.
3. Click Privacy in the left pane..
4. At the bottom of the page, click Delete my account.
5. Here, click on Delete option in the Account deleting prompt.
6. When a popup appears, choose Send SMS.
7. To confirm, enter the verification code and click Delete.
Also Read: How to Delete PayPal Account
Method 2: Through Android Device
Along with deleting your ICQ account, you can also remove the app from your Android device. Follow the instructions below to remove or uninstall the ICQ app from your smartphone.
1. Open IRC New app.
2. Tap on the Settings icon.
3. Then, select Privacy option.
4. Tap on Delete account option.
5. Here, tap on Send SMS option.
6. Enter the SMS code and tap on Delete option.
Method 3: Through iOS Device
Follow this step-by-step tutorial to remove or uninstall the ICQ app from your iOS device:
1. Launch the ICQ New app on your iPhone.
2. Tap on the Settings icon.
3. Then, tap on Privacy.
4. Here, tap on Delete account option.
5. Finally, enter the SMS code and delete your ICQ account permanently.
Also Read: How to Delete Google Account from Chrome
Method 4: Visit ICQ Account Closure Page
You can Delete your ICQ Account by going to ICQ Account Closure Page. Here’s how to do it:
1. To close your ICQ account, go to the ICQ Account Closure Page.
2. Make sure you’re logged in to your account.
3. Click on Delete account.
4. Then, click on Request SMS to get code in your number.
5. Enter the SMS code and delete the ICQ account.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. Is it possible to delete my phone number from my account?
Ans: Yes, you may change your phone number, but you must do it with a new one that is genuine. You won’t be able to remove it since ICQ needs you to establish a new one.
Q2. What happens if I delete my account?
Ans: When you deactivate your account, all of the chats and account data linked with it are permanently destroyed.
Q3. Can ICQ terminated my account for no apparent reason?
Ans: If you don’t use your account for more than a year, it will be terminated automatically.
- Fix Camera In Use by Another App in Windows 10
- How to Turn On Network Discovery in Windows 10
- What is Test Mode in Windows 10?
- How to Delete Uber Eats Account
We hope you found this information useful and that you were able to know how to delete your ICQ account permanently. Please let us know which technique was the most beneficial for you. Please use the form below if you have any queries or comments.