Things are all bright for Google Chrome even as the most used web browser across all platforms and devices. Users have a mixed response to some of its features which includes unnecessarily high memory usage, slow app launch, privacy concerns due to auto-logins etc. One can remove google account from computer and delete google account from phone quite easily. In this article, we will be explaining the steps for how to remove google account from chrome android or delete google account from chrome.
Table of Contents
How to Delete Google Account from Chrome
One of its problematic features, Auto sign-in, is not preferred by several Chrome users. Following is some useful information given below.
- Every time you sign into a Google website (service) like YouTube or Gmail, the browser will automatically sign you in to your corresponding Chrome profile and you will be requested to sync your browsing data across devices for a seamless experience.
- Now, the auto sign-in feature is useful for synching browsing data (bookmarks, history, etc.) flawlessly. However, it can cause some issues if you are using a guest device for some urgent/one-off Google-related task.
Removing an account from Chrome browser is fairly simple with the same methods across most devices. Before going ahead with the instructions, make sure to check your browsing data to avoid deleting any important/required content.
Option I: Delete from PC
1. Click on the circular profile icon present next to extensions. Select cogwheel (Manage Profiles) icon.
2. A new chrome window listing all active user profiles will open up. Click on the More Actions icon on your profile card.
3. Select Delete.
4. A pop-up alerting you about the deletion of all browsing data (history, passwords, bookmarks, etc.) will appear. Click on Delete once again to confirm.
Your account will be deleted. This is how you remove google account from computer.
Option II: Delete from Phone
Follow these steps to delete Google Account from Chrome on your Android phone.
1. In the top-right corner, tap the three dots, and then choose Settings from the drop-down menu.
2. Under You and Google, tap on the profile you wish to remove.
3. Tap on Sign out and turn off sync on the ensuing page. On iOS devices, a menu with similar options will appear at the bottom of the screen.
4. In the pop-up that follows, tick the box next to Also clear your Chrome data from this device and tap on Continue.
Android users can also navigate to Settings > Accounts > Manage Accounts and remove their personal Google account altogether.
Also Read: How to Disable Google Software Reporter Tool
How to Disable Automatic Chrome Account Sign In
To remove google account from computer and prevent Google Chrome from automatically signing you into your Chrome profile, you can use disable the Allow Chrome sign-in option in browser settings. The steps to do so are as follows:
Option I: On Windows
1. Click on the three vertical dots icon and select Settings from the menu.
Note: You can also type chrome://settings/ in the address bar and hit enter to open Chrome settings.
2. Under the You and Google section, click on Sync and Google services.
3. On the next page, scroll down a bit and toggle off the switch for Allow Chrome sign-in. The option is found in Other Google Services section.
4. In the following Turn off sync and personalization pop-up message, tick the box for Clear bookmarks, history, passwords, and more from this device if you wish to remove all your browsing data and then click on Turn off.
Hence this is how to remove Google Account from computer and prevent auto-sign in.
Also Read: How to Remove an Account from Google Photos
Option II: On Android
1. Access Chrome settings by following the steps explained earlier and then tap on Google services.
2. Toggle off Allow Chrome sign-in on the next page.
3. Confirm the action by clicking on Continue in the pop-up message. You can also tick the box next to Also clear your Chrome data from this device before confirming to remove all your browsing data.
That’s it. The browser will no longer sign you in to your Chrome profile and try to sync your browsing data as soon as you log in to a Google service.
- How to Move a Window that is Off-Screen in Windows 11
- 8 Best Phone Cleaner Apps for Android
- How to Uninstall Chromium on Windows 10
- How to Delete Netflix Profile
We hope that this guide was helpful and you were able to delete Google Account from Chrome on Android and your computer. If you have any queries or, suggestions then feel free to drop them in the comments section. We have also covered several other Chrome-related issues on our website and you can check them out here.