The brainchild of Comcast Cable Communications, LLC, renamed Xfinity, is one of the leading American telecommunications companies which provides a wide range of services under its tag. Their internet services are scattered under broad categories, like Internet, TV & Streaming, Mobile, Home, and Phone. However, Xfinity has failed now and then to keep up with the consumer’s growing expectations despite servicing a broad network. Similarly, you may have felt why is the Xfinity app not working. So, we are here to help you if your Xfinity services cannot satisfy your internet needs or lag. You can certainly delete Xfinity account with this step-by-step tutorial. And you are at the right place to learn that. Read this article to find out how you can delete Xfinity account and reset your Xfinity password. Once you are done with that, you can further look into why is the Xfinity app not working and how to close your account at Comcast.
How Do You Delete Xfinity Account
Keep reading further to find out why is the Xfinity app not working and learn the steps to close your account at Comcast in detail.
How Do You Activate Your Comcast Modem without the App?
Usually, Comcast Modems or Xfinity Gateways are activated through an Xfinity account in the Xfinity application. However, you can also activate your Gateway without the app, through the Xfinity Activation website. The methods mentioned below will provide you with the details.
Note: Also, if you want a hassle-free activation you can use Xfinity Voice Service at 1-855-955-2212 to assist you during the activation procedure. You are also welcome to consult your manufacturer’s installation guide.
Method 1: Using Coaxial Cable
The first method involves the use of a coaxial cable and Wi-Fi. The initial step would be to find the cable outlet centrally located in your home.
Note: Place your Xfinity Gateway in an open space (Do not place it on the floor) so that the device signal is not interrupted by enclosed blocks, like windows, exterior walls, and other constricted areas.
1. Plug in the Comcast modem or Xfinity Gateway. Attach one end of the coaxial cable to the Cable In/RF In port on your gateway or modem.
2. Then, attach the other end of the coaxial cable to the cable wall outlet.
3. Once the modem is activated after ten minutes, look out for the lights on the modem.
Note 1: The lights will vary according to the model you have. You can take a look at the types of modems or available Xfinity Gateways.
Note 2: Do not unplug your modem during the entire activation process.
4. Then, search for the Network Name (SSID) and Password printed on the side, back, or bottom of your gateway or modem.
5. If you are using Wi-Fi, head to Wi-Fi Settings on your Xfinity Gateway and select the Network Name from the list of available networks.
6. If you’re prompted to enter a PIN instead of a Password, click the Connect Using a Security Key link to enter the password in the Security Key field.
Method 2: Using Ethernet Cable
The second method involves the use of an Ethernet cable.
1. Attach one end of the Ethernet cable to one of the open ports on your gateway or modem.
2. Then, the other end to the Ethernet port of your device from where you would like to generate the activation.
3. The port will light up when successfully connected.
Note: Once a temporary internet connection has been established, a welcome prompt will slowly lead you to carry out the activation process. If in case it does not appear, follow the next steps.
4. Visit the Xfinity Account Activation page on your browser and click on here link.
Note: If you’re in a location with a pre-installed gateway, you can directly register and verify your Xfinity account from this here link.
5. Select the Mobile phone number or Xfinity ID & Password radio button and click on Next.
6. Sign in to your Xfinity account by following the onscreen instructions to begin the activation process.
Note: Your gateway or modem may restart for ten minutes depending on the time it takes to process the activation request. Do not switch off your device or the modem during that time span.
7A. Then, connect your devices to your Wi-Fi name and password for your home network, if your gateway or modem supports a wireless connection.
7B. If you have replaced your Xfinity gateway and kept the same settings during activation, your previously connected devices should automatically reconnect.
Your activation request will be issued by Xfinity once the self-installation procedure is completed.
Note: This may take a short while and then you will be able to enjoy all Xfinity Wi-Fi benefits hassle-free without having to use the Xfinity app for activating your Xfinity services.
Keep reading this article further to learn how to delete Xfinity account and why is the Xfinity app not working.
Also Read: What is Xfinity xFi Complete?
How Do You Activate Your xFi Gateway?
The xFi Fiber Gateway or Xfinity Gateways are all-in-one devices that deliver internet and voice connectivity, whole-home Wi-Fi coverage, network security, control, and speed for the ultimate connected experience. Follow the steps below to know about how to activate xFi gateway, let us go step-by-step.
2. Launch the app and Sign in to your Xfinity account using your Xfinity ID and Password.
Note: You must be the primary, a member, or a manager for access.
3A. Tap on Get Started to begin the auto-activation wizard.
3B. If you aren’t automatically prompted, you can head to the Account icon from the top-left corner of the Overview tab on the Xfinity app.
4. Tap on Activate xFi Gateway or Modem under the Devices section.
5. The Xfinity app will then automatically guide you to activate your Xfinity Internet/Xfinity Voice service. For self-installation thereafter, you can follow the same steps followed while activating the Comcast modem or Xfinity Gateway.
Note: If you have a single light on your Gateway, your device will be ready to activate when it turns white and is either solid or blinking. However, if there are multiple lights on your Gateway, it will be activated when the top three lights are solid.
6. Tap on Ready to Go to continue with the process.
7. Once the Gateway is powered on, tap on Check Connection to check if your cable outlet is active.
8. Once the cable outlet is active, you can continue with putting your credentials to connect your home devices to Xfinity network. Then, tap on Next. Once your Gateway is activated, you can either go for the automatic setup or manual setup.
Note: In case, your cable outlet is inactive, you can further click on Try another outlet to see if the connection works on the other outlets at your home. If you cannot do so, tap on I don’t have another outlet to schedule a technician visit by Xfinity consumer support.
9A. For automatic setup, you will have to follow the prompts to complete the connection.
9B. For manual setup, copy your x-Fi password.
10. Then, head to Settings.
11. Go to Wi-Fi settings on your device.
12. After your connection is successfully completed, you will see your Wi-Fi name on the list of available networks. Paste the password in the given field.
Then, you can connect all your other Wi-Fi-enabled devices too. Keep reading this article further to learn how to delete Xfinity account.
Also Read: How to Delete FanFiction.Net Account
Why is the Xfinity App Not Working?
The Xfinity application aids us to perform self-installation of the xFi gateway easily and also helps us to address our Xfinity network-related issues. However, the frequent question that has taken a toll on Xfinity consumers is why is the Xfinity app not working. The app may have stopped working due to an error. It may stop responding or close when the app is launched. Also, sometimes the X-Fi says that you are away from your home Xfinity network while you are still at home. this could happen if:
- Wi-Fi connection is unstable
- The Xfinity app is outdated
This is why is the Xfinity app not working.
Why Can’t You Log into Xfinity?
One probable reason for not being able to log into Xfinity is that you have forgotten your Xfinity ID or password or you have entered invalid credentials. You can reset your Xfinity password to resolve the issue.
How Do You Reset Your Xfinity Password?
Follow the steps given below to reset your Xfinity password.
1. Visit the Xfinity Password Reset page on your browser.
2. Enter your Xfinity ID and click on Continue.
3. Then, complete the quick security check and click on Continue.
4. Select the desired method to reset your password and click on Continue.
5. Finally, enter and confirm your new password and click on Continue.
Can You Cancel Xfinity at Anytime?
Yes, you can cancel your Xfinity at any given time.
How Do You Delete Xfinity Account?
You can delete Xfinity account if you no longer have access to the account or you don’t want to have an account in the first place. We will show you how you delete it in the steps mentioned below.
2. Scroll down to the How to access and correct the information in our records section and click on the Special Information Regarding California Residents’ Privacy Rights link.
3. Then, click on the Individual Rights Request link to request deletion.
4. Mark the checkbox to ensure that you are a Californian resident and click on Continue.
5. Click on I currently have an account > Continue.
6. Click on Deletion Request > Continue again to continue the process.
7. Log in to your Xfinity account using the credentials.
8. Verify your account through two-step verification or multi-factor verification, the one that you have opted for.
9. Click on Next.
10. Click on Continue after you have reviewed your deletion request.
11. Click on View Accounts to once more go through the linked accounts to your profile. All associated data will be removed thoroughly.
12. Review your deletion application. Once you are done doing that, click on Request Deletion. A dialog box will appear. Click on I’m Sure to confirm your deletion request.
You will receive an email once your Xfinity account deletion request is confirmed by the company.
Also Read: How Can You Delete Adobe Account
How Do You Delete Your Comcast Email Account?
You can delete your Comcast email if you feel you are bugged too much. The steps below will guide you.
1. Sign in to your Xfinity account as the primary user.
2. Click on the MY ACCOUNT tab.
3. Click on the USERS tab.
4. Locate the user you wish to remove, then click on Edit to the right of their name.
5. Click on Remove to permanently delete the ID from your account.
6. You’ll be asked to confirm to remove the user. Click on Remove User.
Keep reading to learn how to close your account at Comcast.
Why are Your Comcast Emails being Deleted?
If Comcast emails are being deleted out of nowhere, no need to worry. There may be a malware infection or a compromised account. Furthermore, Comcast Xfinity has issued a statement that if you do not log into your Xfinity ID for 12 months, your account will be issued for deletion after another three months. So, log in yourself from time to time to avoid unwanted deletion. Now, let’s see how to close your account at Comcast.
How Do You Close Your Account at Comcast?
You will have to call Comcast customer service at 1-800-Xfinity or 1-800-Comcast and make the request to delete your account. Then, follow the instructions provided by the representatives to delete or close your account at Comcast successfully.
- What is Sedecordle? How to Play This Game
- How to Stop Paying for AOL but Keep Email
- Fix Xfinity Pods Not Working
- How To Quickly Hack Xfinity WiFi Hotspots?
So, we hope you have understood how to delete Xfinity account and close your account at Comcast with the detailed steps to your aid. You can let us know any queries or suggestions about any other topic you want us to make an article on. Drop them in the comments section below for us to know.