Is there anyone today who wouldn’t want free Wi-Fi? With the internet becoming an absolute necessity, Wi-Fi is becoming quite common in public spaces like offices, malls, coffee shops, and even in parks. While some of these are open, others need special permission to log on to the network and connect to the internet.
In this article, we are going to discuss one popular Wi-Fi hotspot device that allows registered users to connect to the internet anytime and anywhere. It is called the Xfinity WiFi and is used all around the world to provide internet connection in important public spaces. Now, this service isn’t free. You are required to pay a subscription in exchange for a valid username and password that will allow you to connect to the network.
However, as is evident from the title, we aren’t going to do that. Instead, we are going to teach you how to hack Xfinity Wi-Fi hotspots so that you can use the service for free. We know the internet and Wi-Fi should be made free already but until that day arrives, you can use this trick to get the job done.
Note: Before moving forward, do understand that this is only for educational purposes. If you actually go through with this, you may be viable to pay damages to the company.
How To Hack Xfinity WiFi Hotspots?
What is Xfinity WiFi Hotspot?
Xfinity Wi-Fi is a popular Wi-Fi hotspot device developed by Comcast Cable Communication. These devices are set up in various important places around the city where you might need to use the internet. Therefore, it provides Wi-Fi hotspots that you can connect to and this significantly adds to your convenience. Your work won’t suffer due to poor mobile network.
It is also much safer than other public Wi-Fi that you would usually find at airports, cafes, etc. You can share your personal data without worrying about data theft or invasion of privacy. Now, let’s take a look at the login procedure of Xfinity Wi-Fi Hotspots.
How to connect to an Xfinity WiFi Hotspot?
As mentioned earlier, Xfinity Wi-Fi hotspots only allow registered users to avail their services. You need to have a valid username and password in order to sign in to their network. Now, the legal way to acquire the same is to purchase a subscription plan. You can create an account and pay for their services and get registered as an authorized user.
However, we are not here to do that. After all, why would you pay for something that you can get for free? In the next section, we are going to discuss some clever hacks that you can use to gain access to free unlimited internet. So, without any further delay let’s get started.
2 Ways to Hack Xfinity Wi-Fi Hotspots?
There are a couple of ways to hack Xfinity Wi-Fi hotspots. You can either bypass the login page by using apps like Psiphon or exploit the complimentary one-hour free pass and use it repeatedly to stay connected to the network. In this section, we will be discussing both these methods. We will be starting off with the Psiphon app as it is simpler and does not require root unlike the latter.
Method 1: Using Psiphon App to hack Xfinity Wi-Fi hotspots
As mentioned earlier, Xfinity Wi-Fi hotspots require a valid username and password to sign in to their network. When you connect to an Xfinity hotspot, you are automatically redirected to the login page where you are asked to enter your credentials. Without signing in, you won’t be able to access the internet.
Now, the best workaround is to use an app called Psiphon. It will help you bypass the secure login page and get you connected to the network. It is simple and easy to use and does not require any special preparation like rooting. All that you need to do is follow the steps given below to learn how to hack Xfinity Wi-Fi hotspots using Psiphon.
1. The first thing that you need to do is download the Psiphon app on your device.
2. Now connect to the Xfinity Wi-Fi hotspot and minimize the login tab when it pops up on your screen.
3. After that, launch the Psiphon app.
4. Now, you will be asked to choose from “Tunnel whole device” and “Psiphon only”.
5. If asked then you need to select the “Tunnel whole device” option and then tap on Start.
6. Sit back and wait for Psiphon to do its job. It will detect whichever Wi-Fi network you are connected to and bypass its privacy configuration.
7. Upon completion, you will see a blinking ‘P’ icon in your notification panel.
8. That’s it, you are done. You can now connect to this network and access the internet.
Method 2: Using the Complimentary Hour Pass Hack
If you are using an Xfinity Wi-Fi hotspot for the first time then you are entitled to a free one-hour pass to connect to the network and use the internet. This pass works only once for a particular device in a day. You can connect again for one hour the next day as well but after that, you won’t get this complimentary pass for a year.
You can, however, get this pass if you try connecting to the same network with a different device. This means that every device that is connecting to the Xfinity Wi-Fi hotspot for the first time, gets a complimentary one-hour pass. This is precisely what we are going to exploit. We are going to trick the system to make it believe that your phone is a new device after every hour. This way, you will keep getting the free pass and can continue to use the internet indefinitely.
Any Wi-Fi network recognizes a device using its MAC address. If you change your MAC address then the Xfinity Wi-Fi hotspot will treat your phone as a new device. However, your MAC address is assigned by the device manufacturer and can’t be changed just like that. You will need the help of some special apps and also root your device in order to change the MAC address. Given below is the step-wise guide for the same.
1. The first thing that you need to do is connect to an Xfinity WiFi hotspot.
2. Now, once the login page opens select the “Not an Xfinity Internet Customer”. This will take you to the sign-up page that is meant for a new user.
3. Here, tap on the Sign-up button.
4. If this is your first time (which ideally it should be) you will be eligible for the complimentary free one-hour pass. Start using that.
5. Once the first hour is completed you will be prompted to purchase a subscription in order to continue using the internet.
6. Ignore this message as we would now begin with the actual hack.
7. As mentioned earlier, we will be tricking Xfinity Wi-Fi hotspots by changing the MAC address and making it believe that it is providing the complimentary pass.
8. For that, you need to first root your device.
9. After that, download the MAC address changer app from the Play store.
10. Now before you launch the app, make sure that you are still connected to the Xfinity Wi-Fi hotspot.
11. When you launch the app, it will show your present MAC address. Once you scroll down you will see the “Generate Random MAC” button.
12. Tap on it and the app will generate a new fake MAC address for your device.
13. Now you have the option to permanently replace the original MAC address with the fake one by selecting the “Hard change” option. However, there is no need for that. You can simply select the “Simple change” option and it will set this new MAC address temporarily for your device.
14. You will get a confirmation message once the MAC address has been changed.
15. After that, you can proceed to the Wi-Fi settings and turn it OFF.
16. Now switch it ON again and connect to an Xfinity Wi-Fi hotspot.
17. The login page will open after a few seconds.
18. Now, simply repeat the first few steps and select to Sign up as a new user.
20. You will see that you will get the complimentary free one-hour pass again.
21. Therefore, all you need to do now is to keep changing the MAC address after every one hour and keep exploiting the free one-hour pass to continue using the internet indefinitely.
Now, this is surely a clever way to hack Xfinity WiFi hotspots. However, there are a couple of drawbacks. Firstly, the MAC address changer app requires root access which means you need to root your device in order to use this hack. Rooting your device nullifies your warranty and there is also a chance to brick your device if you make a mistake while rooting. Therefore, go for this method only if you are experienced with the Android system. Secondly, you will have to manually change the MAC address continuously after every hour. You also need to be careful that you are not using the same ZIP code twice while setting the new MAC address. If you take care of these few pointers you can successfully hack Xfinity WiFi hotspots.
- How to Recall an Email in Outlook?
- How To View Saved WiFi Passwords on Windows, macOS, iOS & Android
- 15 Best WiFi Hacking Apps For Android (2021)
- How to Post or Upload Long Video on Whatsapp Status?
With that, we come to the end of this article on how to hack Xfinity WiFi hotspots. Getting access to free internet anywhere and anytime is going to be a reality soon. It has become such an important commodity that free open WiFi hotspots are springing up everywhere. However, there are still quite a few paid ones out there like Xfinity WiFi hotspots. That is why we have come up with these clever tricks to hack Xfinity WiFi hotspots and connect to their network for free. It is a great workaround that guarantees access to high-speed internet at all times. So, if you have sufficient, Xfinity WiFi hotspots in your locality or at your place of work, you can use these hacks and never pay for the internet again.