XFi Gateways and Xfinity Gateways are devices with multiple features that deliver Wi-Fi coverage, internet, voice connectivity, network security, and maintain the speed of the network connectivity. Xfinity xFi helps its users to manage their home Wi-Fi network easily with a personalized experience. Xfinity is designed to deliver enhanced and optimum internet coverage and also provides multiple benefits of xFi. In today’s guide, we will be uncovering answers to the most famously asked questions which are what is xFi Complete and what is Xfinity xFi. Along with it, we will also shed some light on some fruitful benefits of Xfinity xFi and a lot more about it, so let us begin with our guide right away.
Table of Contents
What is Xfinity xFi Complete?
In simple words, xFi Complete means growing and enhancing the Wi-Fi service for xFi users. Along with better connection, xFi Complete also provides additional benefits of some great features of xFi, plus which involves easy control in managing passwords, settings, home network, and most importantly, parental control.
While earlier xFi users only had access to modems, with Xfinity xFi Complete the modem not only boosts home internet wirelessly but also can benefit from additional features.
Let us have a look at some of the prominent features of xFi Complete:
- To access xFi Complete, customers must have a Xfinity My Account and Comcast ID which has been signed into.
- xFi Complete provides its users with a 4K Flexbox and a whole-home Wi-Fi experience.
- With xFi Complete, customers can access over two million hotspots nationwide.
- It also allows xFi users to stream content from their Xfinity TV app on their mobile phones.
- XFi Complete provides users with the ability to access their home Wi-Fi network from anywhere with the help of the Xfinity My Account app.
- Users can see all the devices connected to their network.
- It gives the ability to users to set up profiles for each family member.
- It is great for parental control as xFi Complete helps its customers to block Wi-Fi access for specific devices.
- With xFi Complete, users get 24×7 support, in case of an issue.
- xFi Complete supports all, from high-speed internet plans to smart home devices.
- Unlimited data (not available in all areas) is also one of the features of xFi Complete.
- xFi Complete is an upgrade to Gateway at no extra cost.
- It is great for safe browsing and data protection on mobile devices, making it a service on the go.
Also Read: Fix Error TVAPP-00100 on Xfinity Stream
What is Xfinity xFi?
Xfinity xFi helps xFi customers to manage their home Wi-Fi network. It is a new way to personalize and control the home Wi-Fi network with the xFi app. With Xfinity xFi, you can set up your Wi-Fi connection easily, find your Wi-Fi password in minutes, view camera videos, manage family members’ online experiences, troubleshoot issues, and even check who is online.
With Xfinity xFi, users get advanced security which has some additional benefits, including:
- Blocking remote access to smart devices from unwanted and dangerous sources.
- Helps in preventing users from accessing any kind of harmful sites.
- Helps in monitoring network activity in real-time. This provides protection from possible security risks.
- When a security risk is detected, Xfinity xFi advanced security system alerts the user and gives tips on resolving it.
Now that you are aware of what is xFi Complete and what is Xfinity xFi, let us put some light on the additional features of xFi that help in managing your home network easily and efficiently:
- Helps in organizing devices by family members and also adds nicknames for easy reference.
- Receives alerts when a new device joins your network.
- It helps in viewing or changing your password as per your preference.
- It features pausing a device for a specific period of time preventing it from accessing the internet from your home network until the device is un-paused, therefore adding additional security.
- It helps in setting parental controls and bedtime schedules which is a great help for parents who want to keep an eye on their kids.
- xFi provides an opportunity for its users to access its advanced security which adds extra benefits.
- Users can also access their home network information on X1.
- A 24×7 recording feature is also available with xFi.
- A 2-way audio system is another asset of xFi.
- It provides help to users in troubleshooting and solving Wi-Fi issues on their own easily.
How to Set Up xFi
As you already know by now, xFi is Xfinity’s personalized Wi-Fi experience which has manifold advantages. As easy as it is to use xFi, it is as simple to set it up too. Let us look at the steps that are involved in setting up xFi at your home:
- When users opt for Xfinity Internet, Xfinity 4K Flexbox is provided for free with it which basically is a TV streaming box.
- Once you have signed up for Xfinity internet, a technician is sent to your home to set up the modem and the streaming device.
- Customers can also install the additional piece of equipment, 4K Flexbox, on their own.
- Once the installation is complete, users will be asked to plug one end of an Ethernet cable into the router and connect it to the modem for internet connectivity.
- The other end of the cable needs to be plugged into any open port on the TV set’s HDMI port.
- Finally, users can turn off the old router and turn on the new xFi box.
- In case the technician has set up the box for you, he will perform the service evaluation to check if any of the areas of your home can benefit from the range extenders.
- These range extenders are known as xFi Pods that extend the reach and connectivity of your Wi-Fi service in the areas where the network is extremely weak.
Benefits of Xfinity xFi Gateway
After knowing all about what is xFi Complete, it is time for you to know all about the benefits and helpful ways in which Xfinity xFi helps to build a stronger and extremely competent model to serve its users. So, let us begin with some of the well-known pros of using the xFi service:
1. Built-In Security
With the advanced security of Xfinity xFi, users get a built-in security tool that helps to monitor all the devices that are connected to their home network. All the devices including tablets, laptops, phones, gaming consoles, and others are automatically monitored with the built-in security tool. Let us look at some of the other features that this tool has to offer:
- The security tool in Xfinity xFi automatically blocks risky content.
- On detecting any dangerous activity, the security tool alerts the users.
- Prevents users from visiting malicious websites.
- The tool also provides protection against phishing scams that are quite common on the internet.
- Real-time monitoring and detecting any threats immediately are other advantages of the security tool.
- It also blocks remote access to smart devices at home.
- With this amazing tool, users do not need any extra software for protection.
Also Read: How To Quickly Hack Xfinity WiFi Hotspots?
2. High-Speed Internet
Now that you are well aware of the facts about what is Xfinity xFi, you must also know that the main asset of Xfinity xFi is that it comes with high-speed internet for its users. Not just high-speed but xFi provides the service with different packages to make it convenient for their users to choose from a range of plans. The prices and internet speed are also dependent on regions, areas, and states. There are different plans that are provided by the service:
- The basic plan, Performance Starter, provides speeds of 50 Mbps down.
- The next plan, Performance Internet provides up to 100 Mbps down.
- The third plan, Performance Pro Internet provides users with speeds up to 300 Mbps down.
- For faster speed, xFi provides a Blast Internet plan with 600 Mbps down.
- The next one is an upgrade which is the Extreme Pro plan which provides up to 900 Mbps down.
- Another fastest plan Gigabit provides users with speeds up to 1200 Mbps down.
- The next plan is Gigabit X2 which provides speed up to 2000 Mbps.
- The last and one of the fastest plans is Gigabit Pro Internet with speeds up to 6000 Mbps.
With the plans provided above, users can enjoy many benefits which include:
- More data preference to the devices that are important.
- Nonstop streaming of shows, music, movies, live streams, and video chats is provided 24×7.
- Users can enjoy playing games with their friends for as much time as they want.
3. Parental Control
It is quite evident that the internet is within the reach of children nowadays. The kind of content kids watch on the internet can rarely be controlled. But with Xfinity xFi, this is not the case because it provides parental control where guardians can easily limit the number of devices that can access the internet and can also block the content that they don’t want their kids to watch. Advantages of parental control include:
- Controlled internet browsing.
- Dangerous and alarming content can be easily blocked.
- Parents can keep an eye on the browsing details of their children.
- Parents can also limit access to the internet for their kids.
- Specific sites, keywords, and apps can be easily blocked.
- Access to a trusted website by parents is also granted with Xfinity xFi.
- Hardware-level restrictions bar children from finding any workarounds as well.
4. xFi App Access
It is right to say that in order to know what is xFi Complete, it is important to know the features and benefits that it comes with. One such advantage which needs to be put light on is access to the xFi App that the customer gets after subscribing to the Xfinity xFi. Let us look at some points listed below that will highlight all the important aspects of the xFi App:
- The app primarily provides access to massive databases of information to the customers.
- It helps users with setting individual controls for each of the devices.
- It also shows the breakdown of every device connected to the network.
- Customers can easily remove or add any device with the help of the xFi App.
- It provides the ability to remove the device that is using excess data.
- The app also comes in handy when the gateway needs to be restarted in case of connection issues, without the need to physically do so.
- The best part about the app is its use for parents who can switch off the internet connection to their kids’ devices when they are studying or sleeping.
Also Read: Xfinity Router Login: How to Login to a Comcast Xfinity Router
5. Xfinity Home
Along with access to the xFi App, Xfinity customers are also provided with access to Xfinity Home. Xfinity Home is a home security solution that involves professional monitoring and the use of advanced technology to keep your eye on the home even when you are on the go. Features of Xfinity Home include:
- Xfinity Home provides 24×7 professional monitoring with highly trained monitoring specialists.
- With the help of the Xfinity Home app, customers can monitor every activity and manage systems from their smartphones.
- It helps in arming or disarming your system remotely.
- It provides live video monitoring which lets customers view their homes at any time.
- It provides 24×7 recording which means you can view the video in real-time.
- Xfinity Home customers can also integrate smart home devices into their system to control everything via one app.
- Customers can upgrade their existing home security systems with Xfinity Home.
6. Equipment Freedom
While knowing all about what is Xfinity xFi and its features, it is important to know that the service provides its customers with full freedom to choose their own equipment. This freedom to choose equipment is what makes Xfinity xFi one of the most favored service providers. Let us learn more about equipment freedom:
- Customers can choose their own modem and router or can also lease one from Comcast.
- On leasing from Comcast, customers will receive a new one every two years to keep the service up-to-date.
- The service also provides access to Xfinity Wi-Fi hotspots nationwide which helps the users to stay connected even on the go.
- Customers are not restricted to using a router/modem combo box, they can opt for their own equipment over the provided ones.
- Fix Error Model Bind on Samsung TV
- 8 Best GPU Support Bracket
- Fix Alexa Error 10 2 17 5 1 in Echo Dot
- Fix Xfinity Pods Not Working
Xfinity is indeed a great option for internet services. Even though there are many alternative options available in the market, Xfinity’s features and advantages stand out among the rest. We hope that our complete doc on what is xFi Complete was a great help for you in understanding every aspect better. You can leave your further queries or suggestions in the comments section below, we will get back to you at the earliest in response.