One of the most formidable gaming consoles, the PS4 has powered through the gaming industry, going berserk in the market as it continues to sell thousands of devices every day. Potent, reliable, accessible, and complemented by a ridiculously expansive repertoire of games, the PS4 has established itself as perhaps the premier gaming device. It is mandatory to sign up for a PSN account to use your PS4. People often encounter problems or impediments with their email IDs and ask others if can you change your email on PS4. Not to worry, for we have you covered with a comprehensive walkthrough to guide you on how to change PSN email address on your PS4 account.
- How Can You Change Your Email on PS4
- Can I Change My Email on My PS4 Account?
- What Happens If You Change Your PSN Email? What Happens When You Change Your Email Address on PS4?
- Will I Lose Anything If I Change My PS4 Email?
- How to Change Your Email on PS4 Without Password?
- How Do You Transfer Accounts on PS4?
- How Do You Set Your PS4 to Primary?
- Why Won’t My PS4 Let Me Activate as Primary?
- Can I Transfer a Digital Game to Another Account?
- How Do I Transfer Ownership of a Digital Game? How Do I Transfer Game Data From One Account to Another?
How Can You Change Your Email on PS4
Keep reading this article till the end to learn the detailed steps to change your email address from the Account Management page in the PS4 account.
Can I Change My Email on My PS4 Account?
Yes, you can access your user accounts menu through settings and change your sign-in ID.
What Happens If You Change Your PSN Email? What Happens When You Change Your Email Address on PS4?
When you change your PSN email, you will receive a message on your old email address showing your new sign-in ID. You have to update your privacy information, and there will be no changes to the games in the account.
Will I Lose Anything If I Change My PS4 Email?
You will lose your progress, achievements, and trophies after replacing your mail address with a new one on PS4.
How to Change Your Email on PS4 Without Password?
No, you cannot change your email on PS4 without your password. You should have the password to your PSN account to successfully change your email address.
How Do You Transfer Accounts on PS4?
Follow the below steps on how to change PSN email address:
1. Visit the Sony PlayStation website and sign in to Account Management.
2. Click on Security from the left pane, as shown below.
3. Click on Edit adjacent to your Sign-In ID.
4. Enter your new email address and click on Save to change your email on PS4.
5. Now, re-enter your password and click on Verify your email ID from the email you received from Sony on your new email address.
Also Read: How Do You Permanently Delete PS4 Messages
How Do You Set Your PS4 to Primary?
As you learned earlier in this article, you cannot change your email on PS4. But you can set up any desired account as primary o PS4 quite easily. Follow the below steps to set your PS4 to primary:
1. Select Settings from the main menu, as highlighted below.
2. Select Account Management.
3. Then, choose Activate as your Primary PS4 option.
4. Select Activate to change your email-linked PS4 account to primary.
5. If another PS4 is set as primary, you will be prompted about the same. Choose Change to This PS4.
6. Select OK to successfully complete the setup of this PS4 as primary.
Why Won’t My PS4 Let Me Activate as Primary?
There are a few reasons that you won’t be able to set your PS4 to primary, as listed below:
- Your account is probably logged into another device.
- Your account was deactivated.
- The license error bug lingers after shifting to a PS4 from another device.
Can I Transfer a Digital Game to Another Account?
No, you cannot transfer a digital game to another account. Likewise, you cannot change your email on PS4 as well. But you can access those games on another device, provided the owner’s account (primary console account) is logged in.
How Do I Transfer Ownership of a Digital Game? How Do I Transfer Game Data From One Account to Another?
You cannot transfer a digital game to another account. If there are two accounts on the same device and one of them is the primary console, the other account can also play the games of the primary console.
- How Do I Cancel Starz Subscription on Amazon
- Fix PS4 Controller Won’t Connect to Console
- How Many Times Can You Get Banned on PS4
- Fix PS4 Error CE-34788-0
We hope that this article was useful and you got an answer to the can you change your email on PS4 question. Do mention your comments in the box situated below, and stay tuned to our website for more such exciting walkthroughs on your daily digital queries. Also, let us know what you want to learn next.