Facebook is arguably the number one social networking application today, with over 2.6 billion users worldwide. It is used on multiple platforms. Many Facebook users use short names or nicknames for their profiles, and some do not even use their real names! In such cases, it becomes difficult to find someone on Facebook without proper profile information. Thankfully, you can find someone on Facebook using an Email address. So, if you are looking to do so, you are at the right place. We bring a perfect guide on how to find someone on Facebook by using an Email address.
Why use an Email address to find someone on Facebook?
These are the reasons to use an email address to find someone, free of charge, on Facebook.
1. Common Profile name
When you have a common name on your profile, other people will find it challenging to filter out profiles from search results. The easier method is finding someone using an Email address instead.
2. Full Name not mentioned
As discussed earlier, when users have their nickname or maybe just their first name listed on their Facebook profile, it isn’t easy to find that one particular profile.
3. Facebook Username is unknown
When you are not sure of someone’s username or profile name, you can easily find them on Facebook using their Email address.
How to Find Someone On Facebook Using An Email Address
1. Enter your username and password and log in to your Facebook account on the web browser or your smartphone.
2. Home page of Facebook will be displayed on the screen. At the top, you will see the search bar. Tap or click on it.
3. Type the Email address of the person you are looking for in the search bar and hit Enter or Return key as shown.
Note: On a mobile phone, you can search for a person using the Email address by tapping on Go/search icon.
4. On typing the Email address, all relevant results will be displayed on the screen. To filter the search result, navigate to the People tab and search again.
5. Once you find the profile of the person you intended to seek, click on Add friend button to send a friend request.
Note: This method is applicable only if the user has enabled his/her contact information invisible to the public mode or when you are already connected to them through mutual friends.
- How to check your Facebook Profile without having a Facebook Account?
- Fix Facebook Home Page Won’t Load Properly
- Fix Instagram ‘Not Posted Yet. Try Again’ Error on Android
We hope that this guide was helpful and you were able to find someone on Facebook using an email address. Let us know how this article helped you. Also, if you have any queries/comments regarding this article, feel free to drop them in the comments section.