Discord is a great medium to connect to millions of people via the features like voice calls, video chat, and messaging. This platform allows you to interact with your friends and make some new ones too. If you have been using it all along and want to know what happens when you disable your Discord account, you are at the right place. It is indeed enlightening to engage in new conversations on Discord. However, it can sometimes become overwhelming to use it all day long, just like any other social media app. And it might also make you think about disabling your account for good. So, let us discuss what exactly to do for a disabled Discord account.
Table of Contents
- What Happens When You Disable Your Discord Account?
- What happens if and when you disable Discord account?
- How to Disable Account From Discord Website?
- How to Deactivate Discord Account on Mobile?
- What Does It Look Like When You Disable Your Discord Account?
- What Does a Disabled Discord Account Look Like to Others?
- Does Deactivating Discord Account Delete Messages?
- Does Deactivating Discord Account Leave Servers?
- For How Long Can You Disable Your Discord Account?
- For How Long Is My Discord Account Disabled?
- Why Was My Discord Account Disabled?
- Is Discord Account Disabled For Spamming?
- Discord Account Disabled vs Banned. What’s the Difference?
What Happens When You Disable Your Discord Account?
The process of Discord account deactivation may be simple, but many users want to know what happens to their account and the data. Let us learn all this further in detail.
What happens if and when you disable Discord account?
Disabling an account is different from deleting it permanently. If you are wondering about what happens when you disable your account, here’s the answer to it. Your account gets put on hold. Still, you can re-enable your account whenever you wish, securing your data from being deleted.
How to Disable Account From Discord Website?
Follow the steps mentioned below to deactivate your account from the Discord website.
1. Log in to your account on the Discord website.
2. Enter your EMAIL OR PHONE NUMBER and PASSWORD.
3. Click on the User Settings gear icon in your profile.
4. Click on Disable Account option.
Also Read: How to Disable Discord Notifications
How to Deactivate Discord Account on Mobile?
If you are using the Discord mobile application, then you can deactivate your account from it as well with the following steps.
Note: The following method was performed on iPhone 13 Discord app.
1. Install the Discord mobile app on your mobile phone.
2. Login to your Discord account in your mobile app.
3. Tap on the Smiley face icon from the bottom right corner.
4. Tap on the Account option.
5. Tap Disable Account option to deactivate the account.
Also Read: How to Delete Discord
What Does It Look Like When You Disable Your Discord Account?
If you have recently disabled your account, it will get deactivated. It will look like a regular deactivated account with no display of username or identity on the Discord platform.
However, after 2 years, your account will get permanently deleted. Hence, to secure data in your account, you would need to log in before that.
What Does a Disabled Discord Account Look Like to Others?
A deactivated account looks common, especially for the new Discord users. A disabled account looks the same as a deleted one to both new and existing users. Hence, if you have an account that has been disabled, other users will not be able to find you on the platform. However, after you re-enable your account, users or your friends can find you again.
Does Deactivating Discord Account Delete Messages?
No, Discord does not delete the messages from a deactivated account. All the data, chats, and pictures on your account are saved when you disable it.
Does Deactivating Discord Account Leave Servers?
No, deactivating the Discord account does not leave servers. It stays on Discord servers and groups it was a part of.
For How Long Can You Disable Your Discord Account?
According to Discord support, your account stays disabled for about 2 years. Once this period expires, your Discord account gets automatically deleted.
Also Read: How to Screen Share Netflix on Discord
For How Long Is My Discord Account Disabled?
Once disabled, your account will stay disabled for 2 years, in case of no re-enabling. After 2 years, it will automatically get permanently deleted.
Why Was My Discord Account Disabled?
Your account may get disabled due to reasons which do not adhere to the Discord Community Guidelines. If you happen to conduct activities like bullying, cheating, abusing, or anything objectionable, your account will get disabled.
Is Discord Account Disabled For Spamming?
Yes, your account can get deactivated for spamming or any kind of abuse by Discord authorities.
Discord Account Disabled vs Banned. What’s the Difference?
- A disabled account retains all the data and information. It can be retrieved again by logging in on the platform.
- Whereas a Discord account is banned due to malicious activities on the platform and contradictory actions towards Discord’s community guidelines. Banning can be temporary or permanent as users can also lose their data from the banned Discord account.
- How to Share Battery on iPhone
- Where is the WPS Button on Canon Printer?
- Which is Better Between Discord vs TeamSpeak?
- How to Fix Discord Screen Share Lag
We hope you have understood what happens when you disable your Discord account and the steps to do that as well. You can drop your queries about this article and topic suggestions for future articles in the comments section below.