Discord is a great platform for gamers as it allows them to communicate with each other by creating channels. If you like to use Discord for its audio/text conversation feature during gameplay, then you must also be aware of constantly pinging Discord notifications. Although notifications are important to alert us about new updates, they might become annoying as well.
Thankfully, Discord being the great app it is, provides an option to disable notifications. You can do so in multiple ways and for all/selected users. Read our concise guide on how to disable Discord notifications for multiple channels and for individual users.
- How to Disable Discord Notifications on Windows, macOS, and Android
- How to Disable Discord Notifications on Windows PC
- Method 1: Mute Server Notifications on Discord
- Method 2: Mute Single or Multiple channels on Discord
- Method 3: Mute Specific Users on Discord
- Method 4: Mute Discord Notifications through Windows Settings
- How to Disable Discord Notifications on Mac
- Method 1: Pause Discord Notifications
- Method 2: Disable Discord Notifications
- How to Turn off Discord Notifications on Android Phone
- Method 1: Mute the Discord server on the Discord app
- Method 2: Mute Individual or Multiple Channels on Discord app
- Method 3: Mute Specific Users on Discord app
- Method 4: Disable Discord Notifications through Mobile settings
How to Disable Discord Notifications on Windows, macOS, and Android
How to Disable Discord Notifications on Windows PC
If you use Discord on your Windows PC, then you may turn off the notifications by following any of the methods listed below.
Method 1: Mute Server Notifications on Discord
Discord gives you the option to mute notifications for the entire Discord server. Thus, you can opt for this method if you wish to block off all notifications from Discord so that you are not distracted or disturbed. In addition, Discord allows you to choose the time frame for which server notifications should remain muted viz 15 minutes, 1 hour, 8 hours, 24 hours, or Until I turn it back on.
Here is how to turn off Discord notifications for the server:
1. Launch Discord through the official Discord website or its desktop app.
2. Select the Server icon from the menu on the left. Right-click on the server for which you wish to mute the notifications.
3. Click on Notification settings from the dropdown menu, as shown.
4. Here, click on Mute server and select the Time frame, as depicted below.
5. Discord offers the following options under server notification settings.
- All messages: You will receive notifications for the entire server.
- Only @mentions: If you enable this option, you will receive notifications only when someone mentions your name on the server.
- Nothing– It means you will be entirely muting the Discord server
- Suppress @everyone and @here: If you use the @everyone command, you will be muting the notifications from all users. But, if you use the @here command, you will mute notifications from users who are currently online.
- Suppress all role @mentions: If you enable this option, you can mute notifications for members with roles like @admin or @mod on the server.
6. After selecting the desired option, click on Done and exit the window.
This is how you can mute Discord notifications for everyone on the server. When you mute everyone on Discord, you will not receive a single pop-up notification on your Windows PC.
Method 2: Mute Single or Multiple channels on Discord
Sometimes, you may just want to mute single or multiple channels of a Discord server rather than muting the entire server.
Follow the given steps to mute notification from a single channel:
1. Launch Discord and click on the Server icon, as before.
2. Right-click the Channel you wish to mute and hover your cursor over the Mute channel option.
3. Choose the Time frame to choose from the drop-down menu as 15 minutes, one hour, eight hours, 24 hours, or until you manually turn it off. Refer to the given pic.
Alternatively, follow these steps to mute notifications from specific channels:
1. Click on the Server and open the channel for which you wish to mute the notifications.
2. Click on the Bell icon displayed at the top-right corner of the channel window to mute all the notifications from that channel.
3. You will now see a redline crossing over the bell icon, which indicates that this channel is on mute.
4. Repeat the same steps for all channels you wish to mute.
Note: To unmute an already muted channel, click on the Bell icon again.
Also Read: Fix Discord Screen Share Audio Not Working
Method 3: Mute Specific Users on Discord
You may want to mute some annoying members either on the entire server or on individual channels. Here is how to disable Discord notifications for individual users:
1. Click on the Server icon on Discord.
2. Right-click on the name of the user you wish to mute. Click on Mute, as shown.
3. The selected user will stay on mute unless you turn it off manually. You can do so for as many users as you want.
Once you mute specific users, you will not receive any notifications from them. You will continue to receive notifications from other users on the server.
Method 4: Mute Discord Notifications through Windows Settings
If you don’t want to modify any settings on Discord, then you can mute Discord notifications through Windows Settings instead:
1. Launch the Settings app by pressing Windows + I keys on your keyboard.
2. Go to System, as shown.
3. Now, click on the Notifications & actions tab from the panel on the left.
4. Finally, turn the toggle off for the option titled Get notifications from apps and other senders, as depicted.
How to Disable Discord Notifications on Mac
If you are using Discord on MacOS, then the method for disabling Discord notifications is similar to the methods listed under Windows OS. If you wish to disable the Discord notifications through Mac Settings, read below to know more.
Method 1: Pause Discord Notifications
You get the option of pausing Discord notifications from Mac itself. Here is how to turn off Discord notifications:
1. Go to the Apple menu then click on System Preferences.
2. Select the Notifications option.
3. Here, click on DND/Do Not Disturb) from the sidebar.
4. Select the Time period.
The notifications so received will be available in the Notification Center.
Method 2: Disable Discord Notifications
Follow the given steps to disable Discord notifications through Mac settings:
1. Click on the Apple menu > System preferences > Notifications, as before.
2. Here, select Discord.
3. Deselect the option marked Show notifications on lock screen and Show in Notifications.
This will mute all the notifications from Discord until you turn it on again, manually.
How to Turn off Discord Notifications on Android Phone
If you use the Discord mobile app on your smartphone and you want to disable the notifications, then read this section to learn how.
Note: Since smartphones don’t have the same Settings options, and they vary from manufacturer to manufacture hence, ensure the correct settings before changing any.
Try any of the methods listed below to disable Discord notifications on your Android phone.
Method 1: Mute the Discord server on the Discord app
Here is how to turn off Discord notifications for the entire server:
1. Launch the Discord mobile app and select the server you wish to mute from the left panel.
2. Tap on the three-dotted icon visible at the top of the screen.
3. Next, tap on the Bell icon, as shown below. This will open Notification settings.
4. Finally, tap Mute server to mute the notifications for the entire server.
5. The notification options will be the same as the desktop version.
Also Read: How To Disable Sound In Chrome (Android)
Method 2: Mute Individual or Multiple Channels on Discord app
If you wish to mute individual or multiple channels of a Discord server, follow these steps:
1. Open the Discord app and tap on the Server from the panel on the left.
2. Now, select and hold the channel name you wish to mute.
3. Here, tap on Mute. Then, select the Time frame from the given menu.
You will get the same options in Notification settings as explained in Method 1.
Method 3: Mute Specific Users on Discord app
Discord does not offer the option to mute certain users on the mobile version of the app. However, you can block the users instead, as explained below:
1. Tap on the Server icon in Discord. Swipe left until you see the Members list, as shown.
2. Tap on the username of the user you wish to block.
3. Next, tap on the three-dotted icon from the user profile.
4. Finally, tap Block, as depicted below.
You can repeat the same steps to block multiple users and also to unblock them.
Method 4: Disable Discord Notifications through Mobile settings
All smartphones provide the option to enable/disable notifications for any/all apps installed on your device. Each person has subjective requirements, and hence, this feature is quite useful. Here’s how to disable Discord notifications through mobile settings.
1. Go to the Settings app on your phone.
2. Tap on Notifications or Apps and notifications.
3. Locate Discord from the list of apps displayed on your screen.
4. Turn off the toggle next to it, as depicted below.
- How to Fix No Route Error on Discord (2021)
- Discord Not Opening? 7 Ways To Fix Discord Won’t Open Issue
- Fix Internet error on PUBG mobile apps
- How to Disable Discord Overlay
We hope our guide on how to turn off Discord notifications was helpful, and you were able to disable these. Let us know which method worked for you. If you have any queries or suggestions regarding this article, let us know in the comment section.