Google and its apps don’t require any introduction. It is a well-known Internet platform that offers various technology and digital hosts and services. One such application of Google is Google Meet. It is a video-conferencing app that connects people online face-to-face for business, academic, and personal purposes. Though it has excellent features and attributes, some limitations exist. Users have faced issues with grid view on Google Meet. So, in today’s article, we will learn about the Google Meet grid view fix extension.
How to Fix Google Meet Grid View Extension
Earlier Google Meet only supported four participants in a camera stream. For this reason, the Chrome extension for grid view has gained popularity. This is a temporary workaround extension from Chrome developed by Chris Gamble, adding a grid layout in Google meetings.
- It forces us to enable a camera for every participant. And this Google Meet grid view extension allows you to watch up to 49 participants on the screen.
- Note that if the participant disables the camera, it automatically switches the visible view feature image to the profile picture.
If you are a host of Google Meet & know its codes, then it can be very annoying if the extension is not working. This guide will help you with the Google grid view fix. Follow the below-mentioned methods closely to find a solution that works out for you.
Method 1: Restart Google Meet
The fundamental way to fix any application errors is to restart it. This simple method of re-opening the Google Meet application could find the Google grid view fix.
1. Leave the Google Meeting.
2. Click the cross-mark icon as shown to close the web browser.
3. Go to the Google meet page and rejoin the meeting by entering the meeting code.
Method 2: Turn On Grid View in Google Meet
Even though initially Google Meet did not support more than four participants in its camera stream, it later introduced a tiled view feature within the app itself. Therefore, ensure to check if the tiled layout is turned on. To do so, follow the steps mentioned below for the Google Meet grid view fix extension.
1. Visit the Google Meet page.
2. Enter your meeting code and join the meeting.
3. On the Google Meeting page, find and click on the three vertical dots.
4. Select the Change layout option.
5. Now, select the Tiled option under the Change layout section.
6. Then, click cross-mark as highlighted to close the prompt.
Also Read: How To Fix No Camera Found In Google Meet
Method 3: Unpin Participant
The pinning feature in Google Meet lets you pin any participant’s camera feed to always be visible to you. This could interfere and cause conflict with the grid view. The number of participants should add up to make a reasonable grid. Therefore, follow the steps given to unpin a participant.
1. On the Google Meeting page, locate the people icon with participant number count in superscript and click on it.
2. Click on the three vertical dots next to the participant you want to unpin.
3. Then, select the Unpin option as illustrated.
Note: After unpinning the participant check if the issue is fixed. If not, ensure to unpin all the pinned participants.
Method 4: Use New Google Meet Grid View Extension
If none of the above methods worked out to enable grid view in Google Meet, you could be forced to add it via this extension using the Chrome browser. To do so, implement the instructions.
1. Leave the Google meeting.
2. Go to the Chrome Web Store page to install the extension.
3. Click on the Add to Chrome button.
4. Select Add extension on the Add Google Meet Grid View confirmation popup.
Method 5: Update Extension
All the extensions in Google Chrome are updated automatically. But note that these automatic updates happen only when Chrome schedules it. It is also possible sometimes that these scheduling may be delayed. Therefore, manually check and update the extension by following the steps.
1. Press the Windows key and type Chrome and click on Open.
2. Type chrome://extensions in the Chrome web address bar and hit Enter key.
3. On the Extensions page, turn on the toggle for the Developer mode present in the upper right corner of the display screen.
4. Now, click on the Update option as shown.
Method 6: Re-enable Extension
If the installed extension did not help you, then do not worry. Try once by disabling and re-enabling the extension. To do so, follow the instructions.
1. Launch the Google Chrome browser as done earlier.
2. Type chrome://extensions in the Chrome web address bar and hit Enter.
3. Turn off the toggle for the Google Meet Grid View extension on the Extensions page.
4. Again, turn on the toggle for the same extension.
Method 7: Re-install Extension
If the update and re-enable methods did not work, try to re-install the extension. Follow to do the same.
1. Open Chrome browser as done in the previous method.
2. In the address bar, type chrome://extensions, and press Enter.
3. Click on the Remove option for the Google Meet Grid View extension to uninstall it.
4. Again, click on Remove on the confirmation popup.
5. Now, go back to the Chrome Web Store and follow the instructions in Method 4 to re-install the extension.
Also Read: How to Change Your Name on Google Meet
Method 8: Use New Chrome Profile
Chrome profiles are significantly used to maintain bookmarks, extensions, themes, and settings. Users often have different profiles to segregate personal and work-related browsing. There is no harm in making extensions work via a new chrome profile. To create a new chrome profile, follow the steps mentioned below.
1. Open the Google Chrome browser as done earlier.
2. Click on the profile picture as shown.
3. Then, select the Add option as highlighted to create a new profile.
4. Click on Continue without an account.
Note: Click on Sign in to log in using your Gmail account.
5. Here, customize your profile by adding your desired name, profile picture, and theme color.
6. Now, click on Done, as shown below.
Note: If you do not want a desktop shortcut for this user, uncheck the Create a desktop shortcut for this user option.
7. Now, launch Google meeting with the new chrome profile and the Google Meet grid view fix extension.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. Is it possible to share files with others during Google meetings?
Ans. You can present your screen to other participants. Sharing files can be done via Google Drive. But, the link for the file you want to share can be uploaded in the Google Meet chatbox.
Q2. Does Google Meet have a time limitation?
Ans. Yes, there is a certain time limit present for a Google Meet. For one-on-one meetings, the time limit is 24 hours. While for participants three or more, there is 60 minutes time limit per session.
- 29 Best MP4 Compressor for Windows
- How to Remove Most Visited Sites on Google Chrome
- How to Find Who Accepts Google Pay
- How to Use Snap Camera on Google Meet
We hope that this article was helpful and you have learned to Google Meet grid view fix extension. Let us know which method worked out for you. Feel free to reach out to us with your queries and suggestions via the comments section below. Also, let us know what you want to learn next.