If you are having a video call with your friends on Google Meet, and you wish to show your face as a good avatar to them? Got reminded of a favorite app called Snapchat that is used to give filters and make you look different? One of the products of Snapchat is the Snap Camera app. The app’s special feature is to use this app and add filters to your Google Meet call. Do you wonder how to use Snap Camera on Google Meet? Never worry. This article will help you on how to use Snap Camera on Google Meet. So, continue reading to perform Snap Camera free download and use it on Google Meet.
How to Use Snap Camera on Google Meet
The method of using Snap Camera on Google Meet is discussed in this section. For the method mentioned in the article, you must have installed the Snap Camera app and Google Chrome on your PC.
Note: The method described here uses the Integrated Camera on your PC. You can use an external camera connected through a USB port on your PC as an alternative.
Step I: Download Snap Camera
Before learning how to use Snap Camera on Google meet, let us tell you about the downloading process. Follow the below-given instructions to perform Snap Camera free download.
1. Visit the Snap Camera official page.
Note 1: Ensure that your system meets the system requirements to install and use the Snap Camera on your system.
3. Once the reCAPTCHA is verified, click Download for PC.
4. Now, click the downloaded installer .exe file at the bottom.
5. Click Yes in the User Account Control prompt.
6. Click Next in the Setup Window.
7. Choose a location to install the software and click Next.
8. Again, click Next in the following window.
9. Check the option Create a desktop shortcut and click Next.
Note: If you do not want to create a shortcut on the desktop, click Next in this window without selecting the option.
10. Click Install.
11. Finally, click Finish to complete the setup and launch the application.
Also Read: How to Change Your Name on Google Meet
Step II: Set Up Snap Camera
After downloading the free Snap Camera app, let us learn how to use Snap Camera on Google Meet. Follow the below steps.
1. Click on Start, type Snap Camera and hit the Enter key.
Note: Snap Camera has to be launched on your system before using it in any application.
2. After the app opens, choose a lens you wish to apply.
Note: You will see a central portion dedicated to the camera input. For explanatory purposes, the Broken hearts lens was chosen.
3. Press the Windows key, type chrome and hit the Enter key.
4. Click on the Google apps icon and select Meet in the menu to open Google Meet on your PC.
Note: You can also open Google Meet by clicking on the official website link.
5. Click on the New meeting button to start a meeting with your team.
Note: If the meeting was already scheduled, you need to enter the code or link in the Enter a code or link bar next to the New meeting button on the page and hit Enter.
6. In the drop-down menu, click on Start an instant meeting to start a meeting with your team.
7. After you can access the meeting, turn on your audio and video by clicking the Allow button.
8. You will see your face with the chosen Snap Camera lens on Google Meet. If you don’t, read our guide on How to Fix Snap Camera No Available Camera Input Error.
Follow the basic steps below if you cannot find the integrated Snap Camera on Google Meet.
1. Click on the More option indicated by three vertical dots at the bottom of the call window.
2. In the menu displayed, click on the Settings option to open the Settings page of the meet.
3. Navigate to the Video tab in the left pane of the Settings window.
4. Click on the drop-down menu under the Camera setting.
5. Click on Snap Camera in the list available to select it as your default camera.
6. Click on the Close button to impart the new setting.
7. Now, you can see your face with the chosen Snap Camera lens on Google Meet.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. Can I use Snap Camera on Zoom?
Ans. Yes, You can use Snap Camera on Zoom, the prime condition being that the Snap Camera should be an app installed on your PC. The method of using the Snap Camera on Zoom is similar to the method discussed in this article. Similarly, you can use Snap Camera on Discord and Omegle.
Q2. Can I use Snap Camera for Google Meet on my smartphone?
Ans. No, you cannot use Snap Camera on Google Meet on your smartphone, be it Android or iPhone.
Q3. The camera on my laptop is not working. Is there any alternative for using the camera to connect on Google Meet?
Ans. If the camera on your laptop (Integrated Camera) is not working, you can use other input devices. You can either use an external camera by connecting it with your laptop or use a third-party input device such as Canon by using a web utility service. You can also give a chance to use the Snap Camera on Google Meet.
- Fix File System Error 2147219196
- How to Use Snap Camera on Zoom
- Fix Microsoft Teams Video Call Not Working
- How to Delete Google Account from Chrome
We hope that this article on how to use Snap Camera on Google Meet was helpful and answered your question about how to use Snap Camera with Google Meet. With the help of this article, use your favorite lens on your face and have a fun meeting with your friends on Google meet. Please drop your valuable suggestions or post your queries in the comments section for us to answer. Also, tell us what you want to learn next.