During the pandemic situation, working from home bought a new lifestyle for us. Client meetings, weekly meetings, training sessions, and even classes were happening online. All this was possible only due to the online meeting apps, among which was Google Meet. Google users with a free account have 60 minutes limit on this platform, and you don’t even require a Google account to attend video meetings. So, while joining Google Meet, you often see the option to enter Google Meet codes. Continue reading to also know about Google Meet link expire time.
What are Google Meet Codes?
Google Meet is one of the popular video communication services. Some of the updates of Google Meet are:
- Enhanced support for video meetings of up to 250 people.
- Provides real-time captions.
- Allows international dial-in numbers for all meetings.
Meet codes have ten characters and it follows the 3-4-3 pattern. Each section is classified by a hyphen making it easier to read. Here is an example of Google Meet code, which follows the pattern.
How to Join a Google Meet Meeting
Following are the steps to join a meeting using Google Meet codes.
Option I: On Web Browser
Follow the below steps to join Google Meet using code. You can join the Google meeting through a link or Google Meet code. Here are the steps to join the meeting.
1. Visit the Google Meet website.
2. Navigate to Enter a code or link option and click on it.
3. Then, enter the meeting code.
4. Click on the Join button to join the meeting.
Also Read: How to Change Your Name on Google Meet
Option II: On Phone
You can join the Google meeting through a link or Google Meet code on your phone too. Here are the steps to do so:
1. Open the Google Meet app on your phone.
2. Tap on Join a meeting button.
3. Enter the code in the box provided.
4. Then, tap on the Join button.
Also Read: How To Fix No Camera Found In Google Meet
How to Generate the Code
You can effortlessly generate the code using a few simple steps:
1. Navigate to the Google Meet website.
2. Click on the New meeting button.
3. Select Create a meeting for later option from the list.
4. Here, you will see an on-screen prompt from Google Meet showing the meeting link along with the code.
5. Finally, click on the Copy icon to copy the code.
By following the above steps, you can generate your own code.
What is Google Meet Link Expire Time?
The meeting link expiration time depends on the platform on which the meeting is generated.
- On Google Calendar, the code expires when it is not used for 365 days, and the code has not been linked with any future calendar events.
- On Gmail, Google Meet homepage, Google Chat, Google Hangouts, and other third-party applications, codes will expire after 365 days of last use.
- On Breakout Rooms, Jamboard and Meeting room hardware, Nicknamed meetings, Google Classroom, meet codes expire instantly once the parent meeting ends.
Note: Nicknamed meetings are available to Google Workspace subscribers only.
- On Google Nest, the meet code expires 365 days after the last use.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1: What is the time limit for meetings in Google Meet?
Ans: You have 60 minutes duration for a group call, and you will get a notification about the time limit at 55 minutes. One-to-one meetings, it does not have a time limit.
- 13 Best Volume Booster App for Android
- How to Fix Zoom Error Code 1001 on Windows 10
- How to Request Control in Microsoft Teams
- Fix Google Meet Grid View Extension
This article should help you learn about Google Meet codes. We hope that this guide was helpful and you were able to know about Google Meet link expire time. If you have any queries or, suggestions then feel free to drop them in the comment section.