Our cameras, camcorders, and other mobile devices are capable of capturing high-resolution footage up to 4K. We always try for the greatest possible outcome for the videos, so we film them at the highest resolution and framerate possible, but distributing them is a different story. Because high-quality information inevitably results in a huge video file, sharing and uploading might be difficult, if not impossible. However, there are several MP4 compressors available to reduce the video file size without losing much essential information. In this article, you will see some of the best mp4 compressor to aid you in the reduction of video file size, where most of them are free mp4 compressor. Keep on reading to know each of the best video compressor for windows 10 in detail with the most useful features and links to their websites.
- 29 Best MP4 Compressors for Windows
- 1. VideoProc
- 2. Cloudconvert
- 3. Leawo Video Converter Ultimate
- 4. VideoSolo Video Converter
- 5. Video Resizer Online
- 6. Online UniConverter
- 7. Clipchamp
- 8. HandBrake
- 9. Video Compressor
- 10. KeepVid
- 11. Movavi Video Converter
- 12. Gilisoft Video Converter
- 13. Any Video Converter
- 14. YouCompress
- 15. Final Cut Pro X
- 16. BlazeMedia Pro
- 17. Video Compress
- 18. PS2PDF
- 19. Miro Video Converter
- 20. WinX HD Video Converter Deluxe
- 21. Freemake Video Converter
- 22. VLC
- 23. FFmpeg
- 24. XMedia Recode
- 25. VSDC Free Video Converter
- 26. Avidemux
- 27. FreeConvert
- 28. Wondershare UniConverter
- 29. VEED.IO
29 Best MP4 Compressors for Windows
As the video compressors are not a choice anymore, but the tool that helps deliver the video files in smaller sizes with a quick speed. These compressors are adorned with some quality features. Some of them are mentioned below:
- MP4 compression tool is a digital data encoding tool.
- It can help you shrink videos and adapt them to different devices.
- You can store the compressed videos anywhere as storage demand is less for them.
- This tool supports popular video file formats like MOV, MP4, FLV, and others.
- It also helps in reducing the transmission bandwidth.
- Many of these compressors make it simple to share digital content on social media platforms.
The list below includes both open-source and commercial applications. To minimize the size of your videos without compromising quality, use any of the best mp4 compressor software mentioned below.
VideoProc is a straightforward utility for compressing any video.
- It can keep the quality of original clips while compressing them.
- It can compress video files from GB to MB without sacrificing visual quality when used as video compression software for Windows or macOS.
- It transforms video formats, reduces video bitrate, and reduces video resolution, among other things.
- Video editing features are equally pleasant as a video compression tool.
- Hardware acceleration is widely supported, allowing the application to compress 4K/8K UHD movies quickly and efficiently without consuming a lot of CPU power.
- The live video broadcasts can be recorded and compressed.
- It works with over 1000 video sites.
- The video can be converted from MP4 to MP3 formats.
- It is simple to keep track of the videos you’ve compressed with VideoProc.
- The platforms that are supported are Windows and Mac.
Cloudconvert is a video compressor as well as a converter.
- This program can compress video and output it in a high-quality format.
- It has a user interface that makes it simple to upload any file.
- This free video compressor for PC can handle over 200 different video formats.
- Cloudconvert can compress video files safely.
- From 2D video/DVD sources, you may create 3D videos with six different 3D effects.
- Videos from YouTube, Facebook, Veoh, and tens of thousands of other websites may be saved.
- It provides APIs that may be used in your program.
Also Read: 35 Best Google Chrome Flags for Android
3. Leawo Video Converter Ultimate
Among other free mp4 compressor, you can use Leawo Video Converter Ultimate because of the following attractive features.
- It also allows you to watch web videos, create photo slideshows, and convert videos.
- You can convert videos and DVDs to more than 180 different video and audio formats.
- It allows you to back up DVDs without compromising their quality to a computer or blank disc.
- With 6 different 3D effects, create 3D video files from 2D or DVD sources.
- You may burn videos to DVDs, folders, or ISO image files with this program.
4. VideoSolo Video Converter
VideoSolo Video Converter is a free mp4 compressor program that lets you compress video to your liking.
- It allows you to make changes to the video before compressing it.
- Compress and save the video to a hard drive with ease.
- It can compress videos in MOV, MP4, MKV, and AVI formats.
- This tool is supported on Windows and Mac devices.
- It allows you to change metadata such as title, year, and artist, among other things.
- The program allows you to change the compression ratio of any video.
5. Video Resizer Online
Video Resizer Online is one of the best video compressor for windows 10 that allows you to shrink video clips in size.
- It integrates with several websites, including YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, and others.
- This cloud app has drag-and-drop functionality.
- You may use it to crop videos.
- In this application, an SSL certificate is utilized to protect your file.
- It’s capable of converting vertical clips to horizontal ones.
- For free, you may upload up to 500 MB of video.
- The application allows you to preview the clip before storing it on your hard drive.
- You may adjust the height and width of movies to your liking.
6. Online UniConverter
UniConverter Online is a free cloud-based video compression program.
- It’s one of the best online video compressors, and it supports major video formats, including FLV, MOV, MP4, and more.
- The films may be saved to Dropbox and shared on Facebook, YouTube, and Instagram, among other social media platforms.
- 480p, 4K, 720p, 360p, and 1080p are among the available resolutions.
- This online video compressor has no file size restrictions.
- You may shrink the size of a video file with a single mouse click.
- Because our free video compressor utilizes an HTTPS connection, you may safely upload any video.
- All three operating systems are supported: Mac, Windows, and Linux.
Clipchamp is the best video compressor for windows 10. It enables real-time video compression.
- You don’t need to install any program to compress video.
- This program helps you save space by reducing the amount of data you save.
- Compressing clips in batches is possible.
- Platforms such as Windows and Mac are supported.
- Clipchamp allows you to preview and watch videos online.
- You can easily transfer compressed files to other people.
- It’s one of the finest video compressor apps for PC, and it can compress AVI, MP4, MOV, and other video formats.
HandBrake is a program for reducing the size of media files. It is regarded as one of the best mp4 compressor with the following features to flaunt:
- It allows users to reduce the size of videos without sacrificing quality by decreasing the video bit range, frame rate, resolution, resizing, and altering the video codec type, among other features.
- Outputs for different devices, processing speed, software, total bit rate, and file sizes, such as Fast1080p30 and Super HQ 1080p30 Surround, are available under Handbrake General Presets.
- You may use this tool to batch scan and compress movies.
- You can choose a video range while using this MP4 compressor.
- It’s a simple and easy-to-use program for converting video recordings to HD quality.
- MP4, MKV, HEVC, H.264, VP8, VP9, Theora, and other video formats are all supported by this best video compressor online.
- Provides a preview of the footage before compressing it.
- HandBrake aids in the video filtering process.
Also Read: 15 Best File Compression Tools for Windows
9. Video Compressor
Video Compressor is a tool that reduces the size of video files by compressing them. It is available on Play Store.
- It makes choosing the desired output very straightforward.
- It offers a straightforward and intuitive user interface.
- With this free online application, you may compress video according to its size, quality, and bitrate.
- You have complete control over the resolution.
- Drag and drop video files are possible with it.
- You do not need to install or register this app to use it.
KeepVid is a cloud-based video compression solution that supports MP4, AVI (Audio Video Interleave), iPhone, and other popular video formats.
- It’s one of the best video compressor for windows 10 for shrinking any video’s size.
- You may add files to KeepVid by dragging and dropping them or by using the add button.
- The web browsers Firefox and Chrome are supported by this app.
- You may compress videos for YouTube and emails with it.
- With only one mouse click, you may minimize the video’s size.
Also Read: How to Play OGG Files on Windows 10
11. Movavi Video Converter
Movavi Video Converter is a free mp4 compressor application that doesn’t sacrifice quality. This best video compressor for windows 10 has the following features:
- It is one of the best video compressors for converting video to any device.
- Some of the are supported platforms like Mac and Windows.
- Movavi makes it simple to change the video format that your phone, TV, or tablet recognizes.
- Movavi is a powerful video converter that can compress, edit, and convert video files into more than 180 formats.
- Movavi is regarded as one of the most user-friendly programs on the market.
- It has a straightforward user interface with easy-to-understand tabs.
- Individual video files can be compressed quickly. Or you can use the batch processing tool to compress an endless number of video files at once.
- This application recognizes gadgets automatically, thanks to its quick recognition feature.
- With ease, drag & drop files into the working area.
- You may rotate the video and apply a watermark to it.
- It can play AVI, MKV, MP4, MOV, and other video and audio formats.
12. Gilisoft Video Converter
Gilisoft Video Converter is an application that allows you to compress or convert videos while maintaining their quality.
- With this application, you may enhance your video clip with minimum effort.
- AVI, FLV, MP4, and more video formats are among the formats supported.
- You may add subtitles to your videos.
- Video and audio may be converted from SWF files.
- It may be used to add special effects to video footage.
- You can combine, trim, or rotate videos with this program.
Also Read: 16 Best Free Screen Recorder for PC
13. Any Video Converter
Any Video Converter is a video compression program that works with a wide variety of video sources.
- Any output device, including iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, and Samsung, may use this application to minimize the size of clips.
- It allows you to compress films without boundaries, including HD and 4K recordings.
- There are no advertisements, viruses, or watermarks on this website.
- The application uses hardware acceleration from NVIDIA NVENC, AMD AMF, and Intel QSV to speed up the video compression process.
- It’s simple to use and doesn’t need a lot of expert understanding of codecs and video characteristics.
- Any Video Converter makes it simple to download both videos and music in one go.
- This video compression program uses the most recent video compressing standard to convert video to excellent quality,
- More than 200 video formats are supported by the program.
- You may make the video smaller more quickly.
- The utility can keep the movie in its original quality.
- Mac and Windows are the supported platforms for this best mp4 compressor.
YouCompress is a cloud-based free mp4 compressor that is free to use.
- This program is available for Mac, Windows, iOS, Linux, and Android.
- It uses an HTTPS connection to safely upload any file.
- This free video compression software tool immediately deletes compressed files.
- This video compressor application for PC supports video file formats such as MOV and MP4.
- To use this tool, you do not need to register.
- You may compress an inexhaustible amount of files using YouCompress.
- This program reduces the size of files without affecting their quality.
Also Read: How to Convert M4B to MP3 in Windows 10
15. Final Cut Pro X
Apple Inc.’s Final Cut Pro X is an easy-to-use video compression program.
- It is the best video compressor online free available, with a contemporary and user-friendly interface for video editing.
- It works with Final Cut Pro to compress footage to HDR, HEVC, 360 videos, MXF, and other formats with high performance and efficiency.
- Batch video compression is widely supported.
- It is a free mp4 compressor for macOS that comes with camera LUTs for Panasonic, Sony, Canon, Blackmagic, Nikon, and ARRI. It has the ability to create your own.
- It supports the HEVC (High-Efficiency Video Coding) standard for video output (HEVC).
- It’s made to compress video and audio files while you’re working on a number of different projects for different persons or formats or if you’re attempting to perfect your work for a certain format.
- Clips for Apple devices may be instantly reduced in size.
- Clips may be compressed safely without sacrificing quality.
- It can handle a broad variety of outputs.
16. BlazeMedia Pro
BlazeMedia Pro is the best video compressor for windows 10 that works with AVI, WMV, and MPEG files.
- Before lowering the size of the media file, this program shows a preview.
- Customization is possible using this tool.
- You may easily modify the clip’s quality ratio.
- It’s quick and simple to use.
- You may use the program to compress a full list of videos all at once.
- You may easily specify the start and end times of the clip, making it one of the best video compressor for windows 10.
17. Video Compress
Video Compress is free Android software that compresses video files and stores them. It is available on Play Store.
- It offers a simple and speedy user interface.
- This program makes sharing videos on Facebook, WhatsApp, and other social media networks a breeze.
- It may be used with any form of media.
- You are capable of creating videos.
- You may reduce the size of a video while keeping excellent, normal, or poor video quality with Video Compress.
- The program may be used to extract subtitles from videos.
- You may use it to eliminate the audio from a video.
- You can easily manage videos.
PS2PDF is a cloud-based video compressor that is free to use.
- It allows you to shrink MP4 files in size.
- You may use this tool to lower the size of clips by a percentage.
- You have the option of choosing a video from Dropbox, Google Drive, or your computer.
- Before compression, it may maintain the original copy video.
- This internet program has an easy-to-use UI.
- You can reduce the video’s size by dragging and dropping files.
Also Read: 31 Best Web Scraping Tools
19. Miro Video Converter
Miro Video Converter is a free mp4 compressor that allows you to compress and convert video to MP4 and WebM formats (vp8).
- You can convert any video to WebM, MP4, Ogg Theora, etc.
- It allows you to compress video to the appropriate size for Apple, Android, and Kindle devices.
- This application features a straightforward user interface.
- It is an open-source and free mp4 compressor.
- The drag and drop feature is included in this tool.
- You can customize the size of the video file and create a batch as well.
20. WinX HD Video Converter Deluxe
One of the best mp4 compressor for Windows is WinX HD Video Converter Deluxe.
- Reduce video size from GB to MB without sacrificing quality.
- The video downsizing process is quick and consistent, and it uses very little CPU power.
- It can minimize video file size while maintaining the optimum video quality and file size. Thanks to the High-Quality engine, hardware acceleration support, and powerful compression algorithm.
- It’s ideal for those who wish to compress high-resolution videos without sacrificing quality.
- The HQ engine ensures little quality loss, while hardware acceleration keeps the video compression process smooth and stable, with no crashing, stuttering, or jerky effects.
- The output compressed video quality can be improved even further using the HQ engine.
21. Freemake Video Converter
If you need to compress videos to different formats, Freemake Video Converter is the best free video compression program for Windows.
- More than 500 video formats are supported.
- You can have more flexibility over the video audio options for reduced file size.
- It can handle over 500 different formats and devices, and it can quickly compress MKV, MP4, and other video files to HEVC H.265, AV1, H.264, and other formats.
- The free video compressor program allows you to adjust video and audio parameter settings to reduce video file sizes, such as video frame size, bitrate, frame rate, and more.
- It’s also an excellent approach to remove unneeded video segments in order to reduce movie size; fortunately, Freemake has this capability.
VLC is the most widely used open-source and free mp4 compressor cross-platform multimedia player that can also compress video.
- Compress films to H.265 HEVC, VP9, H.264/MPEG-4 AVC, and other formats in a range of video containers.
- It may reduce the size of videos by converting them to a more sophisticated codec and lowering their resolution, bit rate, and frame rate.
- Hardware-accelerated decoding using Direct3D11 and DirectX is supported.
- VLC can play a variety of video formats, including HEVC and other high-quality codecs.
- All of these capabilities help VLC to better handle 4K video compression.
- Codec, bitrate, quality, resolutions, and other basic choices are available on this best video compressor for windows 10.
Also Read: How to Cut Video in Windows 10 using VLC
FFmpeg is the greatest free compressor program for compressing videos from gigabytes to megabytes without sacrificing quality.
- It’s open-source and free.
- It uses command lines to adjust the video, audio, and other multimedia parameters, including bit rate, frame rate, container format, and codec format.
- The video compression command line has a high learning curve for non-technical users.
- The free open-source video compression tool may create significantly larger files if you use the wrong command line for codecs, bitrate, container, and fps.
- The effectiveness of video compression may be rather great.
- It’s incredibly efficient to reduce a video to a fraction of its original size while maintaining acceptable output quality.
- You can try this best video compressor for windows 10 if you want to compress huge 4K/HD videos quickly without sacrificing quality.
24. XMedia Recode
XMedia Recode is the best mp4 compressor for Windows 7, 8.1, 8, and 10.
- In addition, a variety of video compression formats are supported.
- The AOM AV1 (3.3.0)/x264/SVT-AV1 codec is included in XMedia Recode 184.108.40.206, as well as an FFmpeg update.
- It supports a broad range of video formats, including sophisticated codecs like H.265 and VP9, which may be used to compress videos into a smaller, more efficient codec.
- You’ll have to use other programs if you want a free mp4 compressor for Windows 11 or macOS.
Also Read: How to Convert WAV to MP3
25. VSDC Free Video Converter
VSDC Free Video Converter is a straightforward and completely free video compressing program for Windows.
- You may compress videos by converting them to other formats and doing some basic editing.
- You may reduce the size of a video file by converting it to another codec format and eliminating any video fragments.
- It comes with a large number of presets that cover all types of formats and multimedia devices. However, it does not support newer, more efficient codecs, such as HEVC, VP9, or others.
- It’s simple to divide it into numerous segments and erase any video fragment.
- It uses a high-quality video processing method and several CPUs to achieve great speed.
Avidemux is an open-source and free mp4 compressor that may also be used for transcoding and rudimentary video editing.
- The Crop filter’s Auto Crop function can help you achieve better crops.
- It’s a free video compression application for Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux. It’s simple to shrink a video by 50% while maintaining excellent output quality, for example, from 20MB to 10MB, without sacrificing quality.
- A nearest-neighbor scaling option has been added to the Resize filter in the newest version.
- With tone mapping, HDR footage may be transformed and reduced to SDR.
Also Read: 28 Best Free Photo Editing Software for PC
FreeConvert is the best video compressor for windows 10 that is available for free.
- With a web-based free video compressor, you may reduce the size of your videos at any time and from anywhere.
- There is no need to register, and no adverts are displayed.
- The maximum filesize for free users is 1GB. It’s possible that the video upload will take a long time.
- Users who despise dealing with video audio parameter settings may like the targe file size option.
- Convert videos for free to the H.264 or HEVC codecs, which offer greater video compression.
- MP4, MKV, MOV, AVI, WMV, H.264, HEVC, and other video formats are supported.
Wondershare UniConverter is another best mp4 compressor alternative for users.
- Multiple video batches can be compressed using this program.
- It includes a media player and a media library with the ability to convert almost any media file.
- It can play both Full HD and 4K videos as well as DVDs.
- Wondershare UniConverter comes with a free trial version as well as a premium version with a variety of subscription choices.
- It can simultaneously play up to 8K videos. It can create media files for any device because it supports over 1000 distinct file types.
- It is also a complete video editor, which includes a sophisticated trimmer, watermark editor, audio correction options, video speed control, video combining, background removal, and more.
- Additionally, Wondershare UniConverter allows you to generate subtitles or modify existing .srt files, allowing you to adjust the font, timing, color, and more.
- The software also has a video player, so you can watch videos right from the app. It makes this tool another of the best video compressor for windows 10.
Also Read: What is Wondershare Helper Compact?
VEED.IO is a simple-to-use free mp4 compressor that allows you to compress files up to 250MB in under 10 minutes.
- For free users, the output compressed video includes a watermark.
- It only exports videos in 720p for individuals who do not subscribe.
- With a lower video bit rate and smaller video file size, you may compress 4K to 720p or 1080p to 720p.
- Users may also upload video URLs or videos from DropBox using the web-based free video compressing software.
- Watermark videos under 10 minutes and 250MB, and export them in 720p.
- There are no advertising or redirects.
- Fix Intel RST Service Is Not Running in Windows 10
- Fix WhatsApp Video Call Not Working on iPhone and Android
- Top 36 Best Beat Making Software for PC
- 25 Best Free Web Crawler Tools
So these were best mp4 compressors available for you to download on your system and use to compress any video file you wish. We hope you understood each and every tool and were able to decide which suits the best according to your need. We would love to hear your thoughts about this article, and we welcome your suggestions and queries in the comment section below.