Are you looking for tools to improve your SEO ranking, exposure, and conversions? To do so, you need a web crawler tool. A web crawler is a computer program that scans the Internet. Web spiders, web data extraction software, and website scraping programs are examples of Internet web crawling technologies. It’s also known as a spider bot or a spider. Today, we’ll look at some free web crawler tools to download.
- 25 Best Free Web Crawler Tools
- 1. Open Search Server
- 2. Spinn3r
- 3. Import.io
- 4. BUbiNG
- 5. GNU Wget
- 6. Webhose.io
- 7. Norconex
- 8. Dexi.io
- 9. Zyte
- 10. Apache Nutch
- 11. VisualScraper
- 12. WebSphinx
- 13. OutWit Hub
- 14. Scrapy
- 15. Mozenda
- 16. Cyotek Webcopy
- 17. Common Crawl
- 18. Semrush
- 19. Sitechecker.pro
- 20. Webharvy
- 21. NetSpeak Spider
- 22. UiPath
- 23. Helium Scraper
- 24. 80Legs
- 25. ParseHub
25 Best Free Web Crawler Tools
Web crawler tools provide a wealth of information for data mining and analysis. Its primary purpose is to index web pages on the Internet. It can detect broken links, duplicate content, and missing page titles and identify severe SEO issues. Scraping online data may benefit your business in a variety of ways.
- Several web crawler apps can properly crawl data from any website URL.
- These programs assist you in improving the structure of your website so that search engines can comprehend it and boost your rankings.
In the list of our top tools, we’ve compiled a list of web crawler tool free download and their features and costs for you to choose from. The list also includes payable applications.
1. Open Search Server
OpenSearchServer is a free web crawler and has one of the top ratings on the Internet. One of the best alternatives available.
- It is a completely integrated solution.
- Open Search Server is a web crawling and search engine that is free and open source.
- It’s a one-stop and cost-effective solution.
- It comes with a comprehensive set of search capabilities and the possibility to construct your own indexing strategy.
- Crawlers can index just about anything.
- There are full-text, boolean, and phonetic searches to choose from.
- You may pick from 17 different languages.
- Automatic classifications are made.
- You can create a timetable for things that happen frequently.
The Spinn3r web crawler program allows you to fully extract content from blogs, news, social networking sites, RSS feeds, and ATOM feeds.
- It comes with a lightning-fast API that handles 95% of the indexing work.
- Advanced spam protection is included in this web crawling application, which removes spam and inappropriate language usage, improving data security.
- The web scraper continually scours the web for updates from numerous sources to present you with real-time content.
- It indexes content in the same way as Google does, and the extracted data is saved as JSON files.
- The Parser API allows you to parse and manage information for arbitrary web URLs quickly.
- The Firehose API is designed for mass access to enormous volumes of data.
- Simple HTTP headers are used to authenticate all of Spinn3r’s APIs.
- This is a web crawler tool for free download.
- The Classifier API enables developers to transmit text (or URLs) to be labeled by our machine learning technology.
Also Read: How to Access Blocked Sites in UAE
Import.io allows you to scrape millions of web pages in minutes and construct 1000+ APIs based on your needs without writing a single line of code.
- It can now be operated programmatically, and data may now be retrieved automatically.
- Extract data from many pages with the stroke of a button.
- It can automatically recognize paginated lists, or you may click on the next page.
- You can incorporate online data into your app or website with only a few clicks.
- Create all the URLs you need in a couple of seconds by employing patterns like page numbers and category names.
- Import.io makes demonstrating how to pull data from a page straightforward. Simply select a column from your dataset and point to something on the page that catches your eye.
- You may receive a quotation on their website.
- Links on list pages lead to detailed pages with further information.
- You may use Import.io to join them to acquire all the data from the detail pages at once.
BUbiNG, a next-generation web crawler tool, is the culmination of the authors’ experience with UbiCrawler and ten years of research into the topic.
- Thousands of pages per second can be crawled by a single agent while complying with strict politeness standards, both host and IP-based.
- Its job distribution is built on contemporary high-speed protocols to deliver very high throughput, unlike earlier open-source distributed crawlers that depend on batch techniques.
- It uses the fingerprint of a stripped page to detect near-duplicates.
- BUbiNG is a completely distributed open-source Java crawler.
- It has a lot of parallelisms.
- There are a lot of people that utilize this product.
- It’s quick.
- It enables large-scale crawling.
5. GNU Wget
GNU Wget is a free web crawler tool free download available, and it is an open-source software program written in C that allows you to get files through HTTP, HTTPS, FTP, and FTPS.
- One of the most distinctive aspects of this application is the ability to create NLS-based message files in various languages.
- You may restart downloads that have been halted using REST and RANGE.
- It can also transform absolute links in downloaded documents into relative links if necessary.
- Recursively use wildcards in filenames and mirror directories.
- Message files based on NLS for a variety of languages.
- While mirroring, local file timestamps are evaluated to determine whether documents need to be re-downloaded.
Webhose.io is a fantastic web crawler application that lets you scan data and extract keywords in several languages using various filters that span a wide range of sources.
- The archive also allows users to view previous data.
- In addition, webhose.io’s crawling data discoveries are available in up to 80 languages.
- All personally identifiable information that has been compromised may be found in one place.
- Investigate darknets and messaging applications for cyber threats.
- XML, JSON, and RSS formats are also accessible for scraped data.
- You may receive a quotation on their website.
- Users may simply index and search the structured data on Webhose.io.
- In all languages, it can monitor and analyze media outlets.
- It is possible to follow discussions on message boards and forums.
- It allows you to keep track of key blog posts from all around the web.
Norconex is an excellent resource for businesses looking for an open-source web crawler app.
- This full-featured collector may be used or integrated into your program.
- It may also take a page’s featured image.
- Norconex gives you the ability to crawl any website’s content.
- It is possible to utilize any operating system.
- This web crawler software can crawl millions of pages on a single average-capacity server.
- It also includes a set of tools for modifying content and metadata.
- Obtain the metadata for the documents you’re currently working on.
- It enables the detection of several languages.
- It enables translation assistance.
- The speed at which you crawl may be changed.
- Documents that have been modified or removed are identified.
- This is a totally free web crawler program.
Dexi.io is a browser-based web crawler app that allows you to scrape information from any website.
- Extractors, crawlers, and pipes are the three types of robots you may utilize to make a scraping operation.
- Market developments are forecasted using Delta reports.
- Your collected data will be preserved for two weeks on Dexi.io’s servers before archiving, or you may immediately export the extracted data as JSON or CSV files.
- You may receive a quotation on their website.
- There are professional services offered, such as quality assurance and ongoing maintenance.
- It offers commercial services to help you fulfill your real-time data needs.
- It is possible to track stock and pricing for an unlimited number of SKUs/products.
- It allows you to integrate the data using live dashboards and full product analytics.
- It helps you to prepare and rinse web-based organized and ready-to-use product data.
Also Read: How to Transfer Files from Android to PC
Zyte is a cloud-based data extraction tool that assists tens of thousands of developers to locate crucial information. It is also one of the best free web crawler app.
- Users may scrape webpages using its open-source visual scraping application without knowing any coding.
- Crawlera, a complex proxy rotator used by Zyte, allows users to crawl big or bot-protected sites easily while evading bot countermeasures.
- Your online information is delivered on schedule and consistently. Consequently, instead of managing proxies, you can focus on obtaining data.
- Because of smart browser capabilities and rendering, antibots targeting the browser layer may now be easily managed.
- On their website, you may get a quote.
- Users may crawl from numerous IPs and regions using a simple HTTP API, eliminating the need for proxy maintenance.
- It helps you generate cash while also saving time by acquiring the information you require.
- It allows you to extract web data on a large scale while saving time on coding and spider maintenance.
10. Apache Nutch
Apache Nutch is unquestionably at the top of the list for the greatest open source web crawler app.
- It can operate on a single machine. However, it performs best on a Hadoop cluster.
- For authentication, the NTLM protocol is employed.
- It has a distributed file system (via Hadoop).
- It’s a well-known open-source online data extraction software project that’s adaptable and scalable for data mining.
- Many data analysts use it, scientists, application developers, and web text mining specialists all around the world.
- It’s a Java-based cross-platform solution.
- By default, fetching and parsing are done independently.
- The data is mapped using XPath and namespaces.
- It contains a link graph database.
VisualScraper is another fantastic non-coding web scraper for extracting data from the Internet.
- It offers a simple point-and-click user interface.
- It also offers online scraping services such as data dissemination and the building of software extractors.
- It keeps an eye on your competitors as well.
- Users may schedule their projects to run at a certain time or have the sequence repeated every minute, day, week, month, and year with Visual Scraper.
- It is less expensive as well as more effective.
- There isn’t even a code to speak.
- This is a totally free web crawler program.
- Real-time data may be extracted from several web pages and saved as CSV, XML, JSON, or SQL files.
- Users might use it to regularly extract news, updates, and forum posts.
- Data is 100% accurate and customized.
WebSphinx is a fantastic personal free web crawler app that is simple to set up and use.
- It’s designed for sophisticated web users and Java programmers who wish to scan a limited portion of the Internet automatically.
- This online data extraction solution includes a Java class library and an interactive programming environment.
- Pages can be concatenated to make a single document that can be browsed or printed.
- Extract all text that fits a given pattern from a sequence of pages.
- Web crawlers may now be written in Java thanks to this package.
- The Crawler Workbench and the WebSPHINX class library are both included in WebSphinx.
- The Crawler Workbench is a graphical user interface that allows you to customize and operate a web crawler.
- A graph can be made from a group of web pages.
- Save pages to your local drive for offline reading.
13. OutWit Hub
The OutWit Hub Platform consists of a kernel with an extensive library of data recognition and extraction capabilities, on which an endless number of different apps may be created, each utilizing the kernel’s features.
- This web crawler application can scan through sites and preserve the data it discovers in an accessible manner.
- It’s a multipurpose harvester with as many features as possible to accommodate various requirements.
- The Hub has been around for a long time.
- It has evolved into a useful and diverse platform for non-technical users and IT professionals who know how to code but recognize that PHP isn’t always the ideal option for extracting data.
- OutWit Hub provides a single interface for scraping modest or massive amounts of data depending on your demands.
- It enables you to scrape any web page directly from the browser and construct automated agents that grab data and prepare it according to your requirements.
- You may receive a quotation on their website.
Scrapy is a Python online scraping framework for building scalable web crawlers.
- It’s a complete web crawling framework that handles all of the characteristics that make web crawlers difficult to create, such as proxy middleware and querying questions.
- You can write the rules for extracting the data and then let Scrapy handle the rest.
- It’s easy to add new features without modifying the core because it’s designed that way.
- It’s a Python-based program that operates on Linux, Windows, Mac OS X, and BSD systems.
- This is a completely free utility.
- Its library provides programmers with a ready-to-use structure for customizing a web crawler and extracting data from the web on a huge scale.
Also Read: 9 Best Free Data Recovery Software (2022)
Mozenda is also the best free web crawler app. It is a business-oriented cloud-based self-serve Web scraping program. Mozenda has over 7 billion pages scraped and has corporate customers all around the world.
- Mozenda’s web scraping technology removes the requirement for scripts and the hiring of engineers.
- It speeds up data collecting by five times.
- You can scrape text, files, images, and PDF information from websites with Mozenda’s point-and-click capability.
- By organizing data files, you may prepare them for publishing.
- You may export directly to TSV, CSV, XML, XLSX, or JSON using Mozeda’s API.
- You may use Mozenda’s sophisticated Data Wrangling to organize your information so that you can make vital decisions.
- You can use one of Mozenda’s partners’ platforms to integrate data or establish custom data integrations in a few platforms.
16. Cyotek Webcopy
Cyotek Webcopy is a free web crawler tool that allows you to download a website’s content to your local device automatically.
- The content of the chosen website will be scanned and downloaded.
- You may choose which parts of a website to clone and how to use its complex structure.
- The new local route will redirect links to website resources like stylesheets, pictures, and other pages.
- It will look at a website’s HTML markup and try to find any connected resources, such as other websites, photos, videos, file downloads, and so on.
- It may crawl a website and download whatever it sees to make an acceptable copy of the original.
17. Common Crawl
Common Crawl was intended for anybody interested in exploring and analyzing data to acquire helpful insights.
- It’s a 501(c)(3) non-profit that relies on donations to run its operations properly.
- Anyone who wishes to utilize Common Crawl can do so without spending any money or causing problems.
- Common Crawl is a corpus that may be used for teaching, research, and analysis.
- You should read the articles if you don’t have any technical skills to learn about the remarkable discoveries others have made utilizing Common Crawl data.
- Teachers can use these tools to teach data analysis.
Semrush is a website crawler app that examines the pages and structure of your website for technical SEO issues. Fixing these problems can help you enhance your search results.
- It has tools for SEO, market research, social media marketing, and advertising.
- It has a user-friendly UI.
- Metadata, HTTP/HTTPS, directives, status codes, duplicate content, page response speed, internal linking, image sizes, structured data, and other elements will be examined.
- It allows you to audit your website fast and simply.
- It aids in the analysis of log files.
- This program provides a dashboard that allows you to view website issues easily.
Sitechecker.pro is another best free web crawler app. It is an SEO checker for websites that helps you enhance your SEO rankings.
- You can easily visualize the structure of a web page.
- It creates an on-page SEO audit report that clients may get via email.
- This web crawler tool can look at your website’s internal and external links.
- It aids you in determining your website’s speed.
- You may also use Sitechecker.pro to check for indexing problems on landing pages.
- It helps you to defend against hacker attacks.
Webharvy is a web scraping tool with a simple point-and-click interface. It’s designed for those who don’t know how to code.
- The cost of a license starts at $139.
- You’ll use WebHarvy’s built-in browser to load online sites and choose the data to be scraped using mouse clicks.
- It can automatically scrape text, photos, URLs, and emails from websites and save them in various formats.
- Proxy servers or a VPN can be used to access target websites.
- Scraping data does not necessitate the creation of any programming or apps.
- You may scrape anonymously and prevent web scraping software from being prohibited by web servers by using proxy servers or VPNs to access target websites.
- WebHarvy automatically identifies data patterns in websites.
- If you need to scrape a list of objects from a web page, you don’t need to do anything else.
21. NetSpeak Spider
NetSpeak Spider is a desktop web crawler app for daily SEO audits, quickly identifying problems, conducting systematic analysis, and scraping webpages.
- This web crawling application excels at evaluating large web pages while minimizing RAM use.
- CSV files may be readily imported and exported from web crawling data.
- With just a few clicks, you may identify these and hundreds of severe other website SEO concerns.
- The tool will assist you in assessing a website’s on-page optimization, including the status code, crawling and indexing instructions, website structure, and redirects, among other things.
- Data from Google Analytics and Yandex may be exported.
- Take data range, device kind, and segmentation into account for your website pages, traffic, conversions, targets, and even E-commerce settings.
- Its monthly subscriptions begin at $21.
- Broken links and photos will be detected by the SEO crawler, as will duplicate material such as pages, texts, duplicate title and meta description tags, and H1s.
UiPath is a web crawler online scraping tool that allows you to automate robotic procedures. It automates online and desktop data crawling for most third-party programs.
- You may install the robotic process automation application on Windows.
- It can extract data in tabular and pattern-based forms from many web pages.
- UiPath can conduct additional crawls right out of the box.
- Reporting keeps track of your robots so that you may refer to the documentation at any time.
- Your outcomes will be more efficient and successful if you standardize your practices.
- Monthly subscriptions start at $420.
- The Marketplace’s more than 200 ready-made components provide your team with more time in less time.
- UiPath robots increase compliance by following the exact method that meets your needs.
- Companies may achieve rapid digital transformation at lower costs by optimizing processes, recognizing economies, and offering insights.
Also Read: How to Fix Debugger Detected Error
23. Helium Scraper
Helium Scraper is a visual online data web crawling application that works best when there is little association between elements. On a basic level, it could satisfy users’ crawling requirements.
- It does not necessitate any coding or configuration.
- A clear and easy user interface allows you to select and add activities from a specified list.
- Online templates are also available for specialized crawling requirements.
- Off-screen, several Chromium web browsers are utilized.
- Increase the number of simultaneous browsers to obtain as much data as feasible.
- It may be installed on a personal computer or a dedicated Windows server.
- Its licenses start at $99 and go up from there.
In 2009, 80Legs was founded to make online data more accessible. It is another one of the best free web crawler tools. Initially, the firm focused on providing web crawling services to various clients.
- Our extensive web crawler app will provide you with personalized information.
- Crawling speed is automatically adjusted based on website traffic.
- You can download findings to your local environment or computer via 80legs.
- By just providing a URL, you may crawl the website.
- Its monthly subscriptions start at $29 per month.
- Through SaaS, it is possible to construct and conduct web crawls.
- It has many servers that let you view the site from various IP addresses.
- Get instant access to site data instead of scouring the web.
- It facilitates the construction and execution of customized web crawls.
- You may use this application to keep track of online trends.
- You may make your templates if you want to.
Also Read: 5 Best IP Address Hider App for Android
- Its machine learning engine can read, evaluate, and convert online content into meaningful data.
- You may also make use of the built-in web app in your browser.
- Obtaining information from millions of websites is possible.
- ParseHub will search through thousands of links and words automatically.
- Data is gathered and stored automatically on our servers.
- Monthly packages start at $149.
- As shareware, you can only build five public projects on ParseHub.
- You may use it to access drop-down menus, log on to websites, click on maps, and manage webpages using infinite scroll, tabs, and pop-ups.
- ParseHub’s desktop client is available for Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux.
- You may acquire your scraped data in any format for analysis.
- You can establish at least 20 private scraping projects with premium membership levels.
- How to Delete DoorDash Account
- 31 Best Web Scraping Tools
- 24 Best Free Typing Software for PC
- 15 Best File Compression Tools for Windows
We hope that this article was helpful and you have chosen your favorite free web crawler tool. Share your thoughts, queries, and suggestions in the comment section below. Also, you can suggest to us the missing tools. Let us know what you want to learn next.