In the United States, DoorDash is one of the most popular online meal ordering and delivery services. Only the United States, Australia, and Canada have access to Doordash at this time. DoorDash now has the greatest market share in the United States, with over 56 percent of the market. This company’s primary goal is to link local customers with local eateries by allowing delivery through independent contractors. Today we’ll show you how to delete or deactivate DoorDash Account.
How to Delete or Deactivate DoorDash Account
You may have had a negative experience with the food suppliers, or you may just no longer wish to purchase food online. Whatever your reason for wanting to remove your DoorDash account, it’s an easy procedure that can be completed in a matter of minutes. We’ll walk you through the process of canceling your meal delivery service. Before permanently deactivating your account, DoorDash allows you to export your data, which includes order details and receipts. Before deleting, make sure you cancel your DashPass subscription, which provides customers with unlimited free delivery on purchases over $12 for $9.99 per month. Because you can’t remove your DoorDash account from your mobile device, the only option to do so is using a computer online browser.
Before we get started, you should know a few reasons why you might want to remove your DoorDash account. The following are some of the reasons why you might want to delete your DoorDash account.
- A dasher who brought your meal had a bad experience.
- Other online meal ordering services that you think are superior.
- Making the decision to stop buying food online and start preparing your own meals is a personal one.
- When registering, make the mistake of selecting the wrong option between a dasher and a customer.
- You can’t trust DoorDash with your personal information because they had a security breach in the past that resulted in data loss.
Now that you’ve decided to remove your DoorDash account, there are two methods to do so: one by yourself, and the other with the assistance of customer service, but you can only deactivate it.
How to Backup Your Personal Information
Access and download your personal information before deactivating your DoorDash account to ensure that it is not deleted along with your account. Please note that you must be able to authenticate your identity using 2-step verification in order to download your personal information and cancel your account. To get your personal information, follow the procedures below.
1. From the home page of your DoorDash account, navigate to Account Details.
2. In the top-right corner of the page, click Manage Account.
3. Navigate to Request Archive.
4. Perform 2-Step Verification, then click on Request Archieve.
5. Finally, you will receive the message stating Your archive is being prepared. You will be notified via email.
You have two options when it comes to deleting your Doordash account:
- By checking in with your account credentials on the official website and permanently canceling your account from the Settings menu, you may remove your Doordash account on your own.
- You can contact an authorized support representative and request that your account be disabled. This option will just disable your account, so you may potentially reverse the choice by contacting the same service desk again.
Below are the methods to delete or deactivate DoorDash Account.
Method 1: Through Official Website
If you’ve decided to delete your Doordash account, you should be aware that this will most likely be a permanent procedure, so think carefully before proceeding with the steps below. Here’s How to Delete DoorDash Account:
Note: If you’re not sure if you’ll use DoorDash in the future, we recommend using the next step below, which will just disable the account rather than delete it.
1. To begin, go to the DoorDash official website.
2. Then, using your credentials, Sign In to your account.
3. Now, scroll down to the bottom and click on Account Details.
4. Here, click on the Manage Account option.
5. Next, click on the Delete Account option.
Note: You have the option to retrieve your DashDoor Account history, which contains information about your prior transactions, before canceling your account, thus we recommend doing so for your protection.
6. Enter the code received in your number for 2-Step Verification.
7. Next, click on Continue to delete your account.
8. Then, select the Delete Account option to confirm account deletion.
9. You will receive the message that Your account is being deleted.
Also Read: How to Delete Google Account from Chrome
Method 2: Through Customer Support Help
Getting in touch with a DoorDash customer service representative has many benefits, despite the fact that it takes longer. If you go this method, you’ll be able to disable your account rather than delete it, which means you’ll be able to reactivate it if you wish to use the service again in the future. Here’s How to Delete or Deactivate a DoorDash account.
Follow the procedures below to contact a DoorDash customer support representative and have your account disabled:
1. Visit the DoorDash customer service website.
2. Click on Visit Help Center.
3. Search for how to delete the DoorDash account.
4. Follow the instruction given as highlighted in the pic below.
5. If you are unable to delete the personal information, then you can select the Chat with Us option in DoorDash customer support.
6. You’ll need to submit some personal information, and then you’ll write in the description tab that you wish to delete your DoorDash account.
Note: Before submitting the information and waiting for a response from the customer support team, double-check it.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. When you remove your Doordash account, what happens next?
Ans: Your profile will be destroyed if you deactivate your account, and you will no longer be able to log into your account to utilise the DoorDash app or website. However, you may still reactivate your previous account if you want to. After that, you’ll be able to log in using the same account and continue to use the site services.
Q2. What happens if you cancel your DoorDash / DashPass subscription?
Ans: You will not be charged for the following membership month if you unsubscribe from Dashpass. However, you must cancel at least one day before your subscription’s next scheduled renewal date. After you cancel your membership, your DashPass privileges will remain active until the conclusion of the current billing cycle. If you terminate your membership within the trial time, your privileges will be immediately revoked.
- 20 Best High Speed Charger for Android
- How to Delete VK Account
- How to Delete Your ICQ Account Permanently
- Top 10 Best Android Mobile Wallet
We hope you found this information useful and that you were able to know how to delete or deactivate DoorDash account. Please let us know which technique was the most beneficial for you. If you have any questions or comments, please use the form below.