DoorDash is one of the most popular online meal ordering and delivery services in the United States, Australia, and Canada as it links local customers with local eateries by allowing delivery through independent contractors. However, if wish to take a break from the service or permanently delete your account, understanding the process is crucial. Read below to learn how to deactivate or delete your DoorDash account, ensuring your data is handled according to your preferences and the platform’s guidelines.
How to Delete or Deactivate DoorDash Account
1- Make sure you cancel your DashPass subscription
It provides customers with unlimited free delivery on purchases over $12 for $9.99 per month. Before deactivating, make sure to cancel it too.
2 – Ensure to Backup your Personal Information
Before permanently deactivating your account, DoorDash allows you to export your data, which includes order details and receipts.
Note: You must be able to authenticate your identity using 2-step verification.
Download your personal information and cancel your account as explained below:
1. From the home page of your DoorDash account, navigate to Account Details.
2. In the top-right corner of the page, click Manage Account.
3. Navigate to Request Archive.
4. Perform 2-Step Verification, then click on Request Archieve.
5. Finally, you will receive the message stating Your archive is being prepared. You will be notified via email.
How to Delete DoorDash Account
You have two options when it comes to deleting your Doordash account: one by yourself, and the other with the assistance of customer service, but you can only deactivate it.
Note: You can’t remove your DoorDash account from your mobile device, the only option to do so is using a computer online browser.
Method 1: Through Official Website
1. To begin, go to the DoorDash official website.
2. Then, using your credentials, Sign In to your account.
3. Now, scroll down to the bottom and click on Account Details.
4. Here, click on the Manage Account option.
5. Next, click on the Delete Account option.
Note: You have the option to retrieve your DashDoor Account history, which contains information about your prior transactions, before canceling your account, thus we recommend doing so for your protection.
6. Enter the code received in your number for 2-Step Verification.
7. Next, click on Continue to delete your account.
8. Then, select the Delete Account option to confirm account deletion.
9. You will receive the message that Your account is being deleted.
Also Read: How to Delete Google Account from Chrome
Method 2: Through Customer Support Help
Getting in touch with a DoorDash customer service representative has many benefits as you’ll be able to disable your account rather than delete it, which means you’ll be able to reactivate it if you wish to use the service again in the future.
1. Visit the DoorDash customer service website.
2. Click on Visit Help Center.
3. Search for how to delete the DoorDash account.
4. Follow the instruction given as highlighted in the pic below.
5. If you are unable to delete the personal information, then you can select the Chat with Us option in DoorDash customer support.
6. You’ll need to submit some personal information, and then you’ll write in the description tab that you wish to delete your DoorDash account.
Note: Before submitting the information and waiting for a response from the customer support team, double-check it.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. When you remove your Doordash account, what happens next?
Ans: Your profile will be destroyed if you deactivate your account, and you will no longer be able to log into your account to utilise the DoorDash app or website. However, you may still reactivate your previous account if you want to. After that, you’ll be able to log in using the same account and continue to use the site services.
Q2. What happens if you cancel your DoorDash / DashPass subscription?
Ans: You will not be charged for the following membership month if you unsubscribe from Dashpass. However, you must cancel at least one day before your subscription’s next scheduled renewal date. After you cancel your membership, your DashPass privileges will remain active until the conclusion of the current billing cycle. If you terminate your membership within the trial time, your privileges will be immediately revoked.
Q3. Why I might want to delete your DoorDash account?
- A dasher who brought your meal had a bad experience.
- Other online meal ordering services that you think are superior.
- Making the decision to stop buying food online and start preparing your own meals is a personal one.
- When registering, make the mistake of selecting the wrong option between a dasher and a customer.
- You can’t trust DoorDash with your location or other personal information because they had a security breach in the past that resulted in data loss.
Recommended: Why did DoorDash Deactivate Your Account?
We hope you found this information useful and that you were able to delete or deactivate DoorDash account. If you have any questions or comments, please use the form below.