OfferUp is a US-based online marketplace for effortless buying and selling of local and personal items such as electronics, furniture, etc. In-app messages allow easy negotiation to settle on a price respectable for both parties involved, i.e., the buyer and the seller. The start-up experienced heavy traffic within years of launch, giving tough competition to its competitors, eBay and Craigslist. Though the app uses advanced verification systems and does not display your private information, there are high chances of scams. If you are one among many who got fooled on the platform or want to make a return to sell something after deactivation, we are bringing you this effective guide to teach you how to deactivate OfferUp account or reactivate OfferUp account.
Table of Contents
- How to Deactivate OfferUp Account
- Is It Possible to Deactivate My OfferUp Account?
- How Long Does It Take to Deactivate OfferUp account?
- What Happens When You Deactivate OfferUp Account?
- How to Deactivate Account in OfferUp?
- I Can’t Deactivate OfferUp. Why?
- How Do I Disconnect Facebook from OfferUp?
- How Do I Remove a Phone Number from OfferUp?
- How Do I Cancel a Promotion on OfferUp?
- Can OfferUp Account Be Hacked? Is My OfferUp Account Hacked?
- Can You Reactivate OfferUp?
- How Do I Make a New OfferUp Account?
How to Deactivate OfferUp Account
You will have to visit the OfferUp Deactivation page on any browser and deactivate the desired account from there. Keep reading to find out the steps demonstrating the same in detail with helpful illustrations.
Note: OfferUp is only available for people residing in the United States.
Is It Possible to Deactivate My OfferUp Account?
Yes, OfferUp provides you with an option to deactivate your account. Deactivating your account does not permanently delete it and you would be able to reactivate the account in the future if you wish to. To learn how to deactivate OfferUp account, read further to know more.
How Long Does It Take to Deactivate OfferUp account?
It takes a few minutes to perform the deactivation process for your OfferUp account. The process involves a few basic steps which we have mentioned further in the article.
What Happens When You Deactivate OfferUp Account?
Once deactivated, your account will:
- Discard any conversations you have had with other users
- Not be visible to others
- Only be accessible when reactivated by logging in again
How to Deactivate Account in OfferUp?
OfferUp doesn’t have a deactivation option in its app. To deactivate the account, one has to visit the deactivation page. It is an easy-to-implement process that will allow you to disable your account within 2 minutes. If you have no idea how to deactivate OfferUp account, follow the steps given underneath:
1. Visit the OfferUp Deactivation page on your phone or desktop browser.
2. Log In to your OfferUp account with your account credentials.
3. Select the desired reason for the deactivation of the OfferUp account.
4. Tap on Deactivate My Account.
5. Tap on Yes, I’m sure > Done.
You are all set now. But remember, deactivation does not delete your data permanently, and OfferUp still keeps a copy of your data and information.
Also Read: How to Deactivate Primary PS4 Console
I Can’t Deactivate OfferUp. Why?
Many people have been facing this issue wherein they successfully deactivated their account on the OfferUp Deactivation page but can still log in to their accounts and find all the information as it is. OfferUp account gets reactivated as soon as the user logs in again. Moreover, they retain your payment methods which can be misused, and you can’t do anything except for changing them. OfferUp users often report scams on the platform, but there is no use for it as OfferUp in itself invades privacy and doesn’t offer a way out of this trap.
How Do I Disconnect Facebook from OfferUp?
OfferUp has the facility to create accounts using multiple options, one of them is Facebook. If you are finding a way to unlink your Facebook account from OfferUp to secure your information, take a look at the steps mentioned below:
1. Open the Facebook app.
2. Log In to your Facebook account which is connected to your OfferUp profile.
3. Tap on the Hamburger icon from the upper-right corner.
4. Tap on the Gear icon to open the Settings & privacy menu, as depicted below.
5. Swipe down and tap on Apps and websites under the Permissions section.
6. From the list of linked apps, choose OfferUp.
7. Finally, tap on REMOVE.
Also Read: How to Delete a Post on OfferUp
How Do I Remove a Phone Number from OfferUp?
After learning how to deactivate OfferUp account, let’s see how to remove the phone number from OfferUp. Fortunately, unlike the payment methods, OfferUp allows the removal of phone number from the account. To disconnect your phone number from your OfferUp account, follow the below-mentioned steps:
1. Open the OfferUp app.
2. Tap on the Account tab from the bottom-right corner.
3. Tap on the Profile tab.
4. Tap on the Confirmed phone option.
5. Tap on Edit to remove or replace it with a new number.
You can update other information like email address, display name, password, etc. on this page.
Also Read: How to Know When Someone Deactivates Their Instagram Account
How Do I Cancel a Promotion on OfferUp?
OfferUp has a promotion feature that when subscribed to, pushes the listing of the user far ahead of those who do not promote their products. You can cancel a promotion for a specific item from the Pricing tab of your OfferUp listing.
Can OfferUp Account Be Hacked? Is My OfferUp Account Hacked?
Yes. Unfortunately, your OfferUp account can potentially be hacked. OfferUp in itself does not allow users full control of their privacy. For example, payment methods cannot be removed from the app, and data is retained even after account deactivation. Hence, it is favorable to be careful. Ensure that you use a strong password and at no cost share account information with anybody else to prevent any probable threats.
Can You Reactivate OfferUp?
Yes, you can reactivate OfferUp account after deactivating it. Surprisingly, all it takes to reactivate OfferUp account is logging in using your credentials after deactivation. The poor security and privacy measures do not even disable the account completely, which makes OfferUp account reactivation pretty straightforward.
How Do I Make a New OfferUp Account?
If you live in the United States and have personal items to sell or are looking for cheap items to buy, OfferUp will be of great service to you. It allows painless price negotiations with the other party. To create an account on OfferUp, follow the steps given below:
1. Open the OfferUp app for your Android or iOS smartphone.
2. From the bottom-right corner, tap on Account.
3. Select the desired Sign up method.
4. Follow the on-screen instructions from the screen to successfully create a new Offerup account.
- Fix Desktop Window Manager Stopped Working
- How to Cancel My Tinder Gold Subscription
- How to Delete DeviantArt Account
- How to Deactivate or Delete Your Instagram Account (2022)
We hope that this guide was helpful and you were able to learn how to deactivate OfferUp account. Let us know which method worked for you best. If you have any queries or, suggestions then feel free to drop them in the comments section below.