Are you looking for a way to deactivate or delete your Instagram account due to privacy concerns, experiencing cyber-bullying or you’re simply taking a social media break? Whatever the reason may be, in this guide, you will learn about everything from deactivating to deleting Instagram accounts.
Instagram is a photo-sharing application that is rated as the best application among all of the social media sites. On Instagram, users upload photos and share them along with their friends or with everyone. Also, the users can upload a story which is basically a series of photos. Nowadays, nearly everyone is on Instagram, but there are some people who might want to take a break from social media due to some reason. If you want to delete or deactivate your Instagram account, then you are in the right place to look forward to it.
While deleting your Instagram account one thing which must be kept in mind after deleting your account is that all of your photos, videos, stories will be deleted permanently. So now, let’s just dive into how to delete or temporarily disable your Instagram account.
How to Permanently Delete Your Instagram Account
Log in to your account with Instagram.com
First, you need to login to your account with Instagram.com as you cannot delete your account from the Instagram application. Open Instagram.com on your mobile or on your desktop. Just enter the username and password or login via your Facebook account.
Open Instagram Delete Your Account page
1. Visit the Instagram Delete Your Account page.
2. It will ask for a reason for deleting your Instagram account. You have to choose a reason from the drop-down menu right next to the question. You may choose from the reasons, or you can choose nothing (—) which is the very first option in the list.
3. After choosing a reason, it will show some articles which can help you find the solution to the problem due to which you are deleting your account. These articles can help you deal with the problem without deleting your account. If you find it appropriate, you can click on the article and find the help given in there.
Warning: Once you delete your account on any app, you won’t be able to use the same username to signup for the app again. All your photos & videos will be deleted, and Instagram will also not be able to reactivate the deleted accounts.
4.But if you still wish to delete your account then re-type your Instagram account password and click on “Permanently delete my account” button at the bottom.
Note: If you are having a problem remembering your password then click on the Forgot Password link, and it will send a link to your registered email id using which you can again log in to your account.
With this your account and the related images & videos will be deleted permanently; also all of your follower’s list will be deleted, and no longer they will be following you. This is how you delete your Instagram account permanently and all the information related to it.
How to Deactivate Your Instagram Account
Deactivating your Instagram account means that you are not deleting your account, as it will be just temporarily disabled and your profile will not be visible to anyone. However, whenever you wish to login again to your account then, it will be automatically reactivated and your profile will again become visible. It will work in the same as it was before the deactivation.
An account can be deactivated only once in a single week. To reactivate the account just login with the same credentials and it will be reactivated. To deactivate your Instagram temporarily follow these steps:
1. Login to your account with Instagram.com in mobile or desktop as with Instagram app you cannot temporarily disable the account. Open Instagram.com in your browser and log in with your credentials or you can also log in with your Facebook account.
Having trouble? Learn what to do when you forgot your Instagram password, or contact the Instagram Help Center directly.
2. Click on your name on the right-hand side of the screen and then click on the Edit Profile button.
Note: Or you can directly visit the Temporarily disable your account page.
3. In the Edit my profile section click on Temporary disable my account link at the bottom of the screen.
4. Once you click on the Temporarily disable my account link it will ask for a reason for disabling your account. Select a reason from the drop-down menu.
5. Now re-type the password of your Instagram account and click on the Temporarily Disable Account button. And your Instagram account will be disabled.
Note: If you have forgotten the password then just click on forgot password and a login link will be sent to your registered email id.
Reactivate Your Instagram Account
If you have recently disabled your Instagram account and want to re-activate again, then you can easily to do so. To reactivate your Instagram account, you just need to go to Instagram.com and login with your Instagram account credentials which you were using before disabling the account. It is that simple to reactivate your account. Keep in mind that the Instagram account can be deactivated only once a week.
- Fix Excel is waiting for another application to complete an OLE action
- 9 Ways to Fix Netflix App Not Working On Windows 10
So, these are the steps through which you can either delete your account permanently or deactivate it temporarily. But if you still have any questions regarding this tutorial then feel free to ask them in the comment section.
Want to learn more about Instagram? Check out how to fix Unable to Share Photos From Instagram to Facebook.