If you want to hide your location and the device you use to browse the internet from hacking or being watched over, then you can use Virtual Private Network (VPN). It will act as an intermediate channel between your device and the Internet. If you think that your Internet Service (ISP) is not secure, then you can look for an IP address hider app for Android. In this article, we have listed the best apps to hide your IP address on Android smartphones.
Best IP Address Hider Apps for Android Devices
ISP or Internet Service Provider is a company that provides internet connection to its users ranging from business use to home use . For example, Verizon, Spectrum, and AT&T. Any device connected to the Internet has an IP address. If you connect your mobile to the Internet, then it gets assigned an IP address.
- This address is a string of numbers and decimals to identify the location and device.
- Every IP address is unique.
- All your online activities can be traced back using this IP address. So, to protect your privacy you can use an IP blocker for Android.
Reasons to Use IP Address Hider App
VPN server will encrypt the data sent to and from the internet and route it through a VPN server from another location. For instance, if you are residing in France and use a UK VPN server, then your IP address will be that of the UK VPN server. Many VPNs cost a few dollars every month to access a wide range of VPN servers spread across various geographical locations. You can easily download them from the Google Play Store. Such VPN apps act as IP blocker for Android phones. Below are a few of the reasons why people search for hide my IP address app:
- Protection of privacy
- Safer downloads
- Improved security
- Bypassing country-specific restriction and censorship
- Bypassing firewalls
- Avoidance of tracking
Points to Consider
You must always remember the following pointers while selecting a VPN service:
- Private DNS server: This will avoid sharing your IP address with a third party. It will translate the domain name into IP address.
- Leak protection: Ensure that the VPN has DNS, IPv6, and WebRTC leak prevention to avoid leaking of data and IP address to any third party.
- No-logs policy: VPN should have a no-logs policy to record and store activity logs and connectivity details.
- Kill switch/network lock: This feature will disconnect you from the internet once the connection drops to prevent exposing your IP address without VPN protection.
- Software support: The VPN server that is being used should not only serve as an IP blocker for Android but also support PC, Mac, iOS, and Android.
- Many available servers: It should have active servers to connect & stream at fast speeds.
- Faster connection: The server should not slow down when you have done too much browsing or downloading. Hence, look for one with no data limit or bandwidth restrictions.
Note: Using VPNs to browse sites like Firefox and Chrome is more effective as using VPNs for other apps may leak your IP address.
Read our list of best IP address hider app for Android devices to make your selection.
This is one of the best VPN service & hide IP address app which provides powerful encryption for high-level security. It has over 10 million downloads on Play Store. Following are some features of NordVPN:
- It gives unlimited data to surf through the internet.
- It has over 5,500 servers worldwide for turbo speeds.
- You can protect 6 devices with a single account.
- It also has auto-connect feature for effortless online protection.
This VPN developed by Mudhook Marketing, Inc. has over 1 million downloads in the Play Store. Here are unique features of IPVanish:
- It records and keeps absolutely zero activity logs.
- It has more than 1,400 VPN servers worldwide.
- It provides a Split-tunneling feature that allows specific apps to operate outside the VPN.
- It also provides IPv6 leak protection which drives all traffic through IPv4.
This app also has over 10 million downloads in Play Store. Read notable features of ExpressVPN below:
- It also provides Split tunneling feature too.
- It provides widgets to connect or disconnect VPN, change location, or check VPN status.
- It stops all internet traffic if the VPN is not able to connect.
Also Read: Fix VPN not connecting on Android
4. Super VPN Fast VPN Client
This is a popular IP address hider app for Android smartphones with over 100 million downloads via Play Store.
- It protects your privacy and keeps you safe from 3rd party tracking.
- It unblocks websites that are restricted geographically.
- There is no registration required to use this app.
- Also, there is no speed or bandwidth limitation.
5. Thunder VPN – Fast, Safe VPN
Thunder VPN is also one of the best IP address hider app for Android mobiles. It also has over 10 million downloads in Play Store. Following are some remarkable features of this app:
- It has a well-designed user interface with few Ads.
- It works with Wi-Fi, 5G, LTE or 4G, 3G, and all other mobile data carriers.
- It has no data usage & time limit.
- This app is tiny in size despite its high-level performance.
Also Read: Fix Android Wi-Fi Authentication Error
How to Hide IP Address on Android Devices
Hiding an IP address is like hiding behind a mask. Even when you hide your IP address, Internet Service Provider can still see the replacement of your IP address and your activity. You can follow either of the following methods to hide your IP address as well. You can do so by following our guide on How to Hide Your IP Address on Android by:
- Using third-party VPN app such as NordVPN, IPVanish, ExpressVPN etc.
- Using Proxy Browser such as DuckDuckGo Privacy Browser, Blue Proxy: Proxy Browser VPN, Orbot: Tor for Android.
- Or Using Public Wi-Fi which is not safe since it may be a trap by an attacker to steal your data. If possible, it is always recommended to use a password-protected Wi-Fi network.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. What are the other best VPNs available for Android?
Ans. NordVPN, Surfshark, ExpressVPN, CyberGhost, and IPVanish are a few of the best free unlimited VPNs available for Android devices.
Q2. Is it secure to use Tor to hide IP addresses on Android?
Ans. We may not recommend Tor since it has a bad history of leaking IP addresses of its users.
Q3. How to find my IP address on my Android device?
Ans. Go to Settings on your Android device. Tap About phone. Select Status. Scroll down to find the IP address.
Note: Note: Since smartphones don’t have the same Settings options, and they vary from manufacturer to manufacturer hence, ensure the correct settings before changing any. The steps given here are in reference to OnePlus Nord phone.
- 3 Best Korean Drama Kodi Add-ons
- How to Fix Wi-Fi Not Working on Phone
- Fix Instagram Suspicious Login Attempt
- Fix Play Store DF-DFERH-01 Error
We hope that this guide helped you find the best IP address hider apps for Android. Drop your queries and suggestions in the comment section below. Also, let us know what you want to learn about next.