One of the most astounding things about Android is the sheer number of applications that the platform offers. While this wide range of options is more than enough for the average user, some explorers want to chart international territories. Often, users want to access and utilize applications that are limited to certain countries or regions. If this is you, then read below to find out how to download Android apps not available in your country.
How to Download Apps from Other Countries Android
A number of applications are area-specific i.e. they function only in specific regions. There are multiple reasons for this:
- The services provided by the app are not available in your country due to imposed restrictions. For example, TikTok is banned in India and many other countries.
- The servers required to run the app are only available in certain countries.
- The app may be undergoing tests and is still in the development stage. Hence, it may take longer to be launched in your country or region.
- The developer of the app has restricted access to a certain region.
If you have come across an app that does not function in your country, all hope is not lost. By following the methods listed in this guide, you will be able to download Android Apps not available in your country. It might also interest you to read 14 Best Android Apps to Download Paid Apps for Free.
Note: Since smartphones don’t have the same Settings options, and they vary from manufacturer to manufacturer hence, ensure the correct settings before changing any.
Method 1: Use a VPN Service
VPN or Virtual Private Network allows users to generate a virtual IP address for their device. This hides their phone from regional servers and forces the Android operating system to believe that it’s in a different location. Most VPN services allow users to select the location of their choice. This means that you can set the VPN location to the origin country of the app and then, download the app from the Play Store. Here’s how to download Android Apps not available in your country using VPN:
1. Launch Google Play Store, and download any VPN app of your choice. We recommend Turbo VPN whicht provides quality VPN service for free.
2. Open Turbo VPN and tap on the Orange Carrot icon, as shown.
3. The app will automatically, connect you to the fastest VPN available at that time.
4. From the App Home screen, tap on the country flag from the top right corner of the screen.
5. This will show the list of all available VPNs from that country, in this case, USA. Select a VPN based on your requirements.
6. Next, open the Settings app on your Android device. Then, tap on Apps and notifications, as depicted.
7. Tap App info, as shown below.
8. Find Google Play Store and tap on it.
9. On the app info page, tap on Storage and cache.
10. Tap on Clear storage to reset your Play Store app.
11. Relaunch Play Store and tap on your Profile pic, as depicted.
12. Switch to a different Google account to better mask your location. This step is optional.
13. Now, search for the region-specific app that you want to download.
14. The app should now be available for download. So, tap on Install, as highlighted.
Your desired app will be installed and available for use. This is how to download Apps from other countries on Android devices.
Also Read: Fix VPN not connecting on Android
Method 2: Install region-restricted Apps using APKs
APK is the package file format that stores data for Android applications. These files have an extension of .apk and are similar to .exe files on Windows systems. APK files for almost, all applications are available on the internet. Thus, you can directly download them without changing your Play Store settings. We suggest ApkPure as it has emerged as one of the most reliable APK sources. Here’s how to install region-restricted apps using APKpure:
1. Go to the official website of Apkpure using any web browser.
2. Tap the search icon from the top right corner, and search for the app you wish to download.
3. Here, choose the app version that best suits your device. Tap on Download APK, as highlighted.
4. Once downloaded, the app will be visible in the Downloads folder in your File Manager. Tap on the App APK and then, tap Install.
5. Grant permission to install unknown apps from this source by following the prompt that appears.
This is how to download Apps from other countries Android and enjoy using them.
Also Read: How to Manually Update Google Play Services
Method 3: Use Alternate Application Stores
There are alternate options that Android OS provides for all essential services. Although Google Play Store is an all-inclusive and highly functional app store, other alternatives are not restricted by regional limitations. These alternate app stores can be installed directly from the Play Store, or you can download their APKs from the internet.
Here are the top alternatives you can use to download Android apps not available in your country:
1. Aptoide: It is an open-source software whose interface and functionality replicate the Google Play Store. The store contains almost every app from the Play Store and will help you bypass regional limitations with ease.
2. Yalp Store: Yalp store works in a very convenient manner by downloading apps directly from the Google Play Store by converting them into APKs. You can put in the details of the app you wish to install, and Yalp Store will download the APK version of the app.
3. Aurora Store: The Aurora store app is an independent app store that lets users connect to their Google accounts. This means that app preferences from your Play Store will be transferred to the Aurora Store making it easy to download Apps from other countries.
For users in specific parts of the world, the inability to download their favorite apps can be frustrating. However, with the procedures and tips mentioned above, you should be able to overcome these barriers and access and install region-restricted apps on Android devices.
- How to Fix Android Speaker Not Working
- Manually download and install the Google Play Store
- How to send GIFs on Android
- How to Use Text to Speech Android
We hope that this guide was helpful and you understood how to download Android apps not available in your country. If you have any queries regarding this article, then feel free to drop them in the comments section.