GIFs are the latest advancement in the world of texting. The small video clips portraying funny messages are the hottest delight of the internet, and everyone seems to be enjoying them. If you too want to get on the fun ride and make texting more interesting, here’s how to send GIFs on Android.
How to Send GIFs on Android
What are GIFs? How to text a GIF?
GIF stands for Graphics Interchange Format and consists of a bunch of images combined to create a short video. GIFs do not possess audio and are usually, just a few seconds long. These short clips are generally taken from popular movies and television shows. These add humor to general conversations and make them more interesting. GIFs have become increasingly popular, and with the methods mentioned below, you too can learn how to text a GIF through your Android smartphone.
Method 1: Use Messages App by Google
Messages by Google is a messaging application that has been optimized for Android phones. Developed by Google, the app was created to tackle the iMessage app by Apple. With a ton of new features on the app, Google decided to add the option of viewing and sending GIF messages as well. Here’s how to send GIFs on Android using Google Messages app:
1. Open Google Play Store and Download Messages by Google.
2. Launch the app, and tap on Start chat, as shown below.
3. This will open your Contact list. Select the Contact with whom you want to converse.
4. On the Chat screen, tap on the (Plus) + icon from the bottom left corner of the screen.
5. Tap on GIF from the given attachment options.
6. Find and select the GIF that best expresses your current feeling, and tap on Send.
Also Read: 4 Ways to Save GIFs on Android Phone
Method 2: Use Google Keyboard
GIFs on the Messages app by Google are great and fun, but unfortunately, limited to that particular application. One might want to send GIFs everywhere with ease and that’s where Google Keyboard comes into the picture. The classic keyboard by Google recently added a whole bunch of GIFs for their users. These GIF texts are inbuilt into the application and can be used across all platforms. Here’s how to text a GIF through Google Keyboard:
1. Download and Install the Gboard: The Google Keyboard application from the Play Store.
2. Open the Settings app on your Android device and tap on System settings.
3. Tap on Languages and input to continue.
4. In the Keyboards section, tap On-screen keyboard, as highlighted.
5. From the list of keyboards, tap Gboard to set it as your default keyboard.
6. Now, open any texting application. Tap-hold (comma) ‘ icon on the keyboard, as depicted.
7. Select the emoji icon from the three given options.
8. From the emoji options, tap on GIF, as depicted.
9. GIF keyboard will give you thousands of options in different categories. Select the category of your choice and pick the GIF that best fits your emotion.
10. On the next screen, Tap on the green arrow to send the desired GIF.
Also Read: 10 Best GIF Keyboard Apps for Android
Method 3: Use GIPHY to Send GIFs on Android
GIFPHY was one of the first apps to realize the true potential for GIFs. The app probably has the largest number of GIFs and can also be used to upload your own creations. The motive for GIPHY is to help people to enjoy sharing unlimited GIFs. Follow the given steps to text a GIF through GIPHY:
1. From the Google Play Store, download and install GIPHY.
2. On the Create an Account page, Sign-up by filling in the required details.
3. You will be given the option to create GIFs, follow popular GIF creators, and check out the GIFs that are Trending.
4. Find the GIF of your choice, and tap aeroplane symbol to open sharing options.
5. Either select your preferred mode of communication or tap Save GIF to download it to your gallery. Refer given pic for clarity.
If you use texting applications regularly, then a lot of GIFs may have gotten accumulated. These GIFs get stored in your Gallery and can be shared via social media applications.
1. In your Gallery, find saved GIFs.
Note: These would probably be stored as WhatsApp GIFs.
2. Select the GIF of your choice and tap the Share option from the top right corner of your screen.
3. Choose the preferred mode of communication i.e. WhatsApp, Instagram, Snapchat, Facebook, etc., and share GIFs with ease.
- 10 Best Android Keyboard Apps of 2021
- How to Enable Always on Display Android?
- How to Hide Apps on Android?
- How to Use Emojis on Windows 10
GIFs add a level of creativity and amusement to your normal day-to-day conversations. We hope this article helped you get a better understanding of how to send GIFs on your Android phone. If you have any additional queries, feel free to ask us in the comment section below.