GIFs are an amazing way to convey your emotion. Not only are they super fun to look at, but they also make any conversation interesting. Therefore, we have decided to help you in saving these mini-videos to your Android phone! In this article, you will find out ways to save gifs with the help of different methods.
We must have shared GIFs at least once during online chatting. Unfortunately, in a variety of applications, GIFs do not get saved to the gallery automatically. Therefore, when you want to use them again, you inevitably have to search for the same GIF on the internet, which is definitely a tedious task. This is precisely the reason why saving is a better option. However, let’s get started with methods to save GIFs on Android, scroll down, and begin reading!
How to Save GIFs on Android Phone
Reasons to Save a GIF on your Android Phone
1. Saving a GIF on your phone makes it a lot easier for you to access it. This will come in handy when you find a funny GIF that could be shared in multiple conversations.
2. GIFs are also an amazing tool to make your articles look more interesting. Therefore, bloggers and writers might need an entire gallery to make their blogs look readable and funny at the same time. As such, saving the GIFs becomes necessary.
3. GIFs are a lot better than emojis. They remind us of our favorite movies and make a smile instantly. This is why having them in a gallery and being able to instantly share them on our chats is a great way to have a conversation!
4. GIFs are very common on Google keyboards. Unfortunately, you cannot save it directly. As such, you need to know about a few different methods that will help you prepare your own gallery of GIFs on your Android phone.
Now that you have enough reasons to save GIFs on an Android phone, let us check out a few methods that will help us do so! In case of issues, read How to Fix faulty GIFs on Android.
Method 1: Using Google Search
As we all know, Google is the answer to a majority of our questions. Therefore, in this method, you are going to use this master platform to download GIFs.
1. Go to Google.com and tap on Images then in the search bar, type the GIFs that you want to look up. For example, if you want a GIF of FRIENDS, type FRIENDS GIFs.
2. A plethora of image results will be displayed. Select the one that you like.
3. Now, long-press the image, and from the menu tap on download image.
4. GIF is now downloaded and can be found in your gallery. The best thing about this technique is that you do not need a special viewers app to view this GIF.
Method 2: Using Third-Party Applications
Using third-party applications is another alternative to downloading GIFs on your Android phone. Giphy is one of the most common applications where you can look for a variety of different GIFs according to your preferences.
1. Open the Play Store on your Android phone and download Giphy. Once the application is completely installed, launch it.
2. You will find a Search bar where you can type in your keywords and press enter.
3. You will be redirected to a page where you will find several different results.
4. Once you find the GIF of your choice, tap on the three dots under it, and a menu will be displayed on the bottom.
5. From the menu, select Save GIF. That’s it! Your GIF will be saved in the memory of your Android phone!
Apart from this application, several other applications can be used to download GIFs. One such application includes GIF Downloader-All wishes gifs.
Also Read: How to Search on Google using Image or Video
Method 3: Using a Desktop Browser
If saving GIFs on your mobile browser is a tedious task, then you can also use your desktop browser to save an entire gallery of GIFs. These can then be transferred to your phone through a USB cable.
1. Use the browser on your laptop to search for the GIFs on Google.
2. Refine your search by selecting the Type drop-down menu under Images and select GIF.
3 Here, select GIF and press enter, a majority of the results displayed would be GIFs.
4. Download them according to your preferences and save them to a particular folder that is easily recognizable.
5. Connect your phone to your PC with a USB cable.
6. Now, locate the Downloads folder and open it. Paste the contents of the GIF folder that you just created in your phone’s folder.
7. Now, eject your device.
8. When you open the Downloads folder on your phone, you will find all the GIFs that you had downloaded from the PC.
Method 4: By Creating New GIFs Using Third-party Apps
Some third-party applications like Giphy help you create your GIFs that you can save in your device.
1. Download and install the mobile application of Giphy.
2. When you open the application, you will find a plus sign at the bottom of the screen.
3. When you tap on this sign, you will have to give certain permissions to the application. You can begin using the application after granting these permissions.
4. As soon as you press the +, you will be able to record a video.
5. You also have the option to select a video that is already present on your device. This will convert the video into a GIF.
6. Once you are satisfied with your creation, tap on the Share option.
7. You do not have to share the GIF that you just created. Just select Save GIF, and it will be saved in the Gallery.
Creating your GIF is one of the best ways to customize the way you use GIFs in your daily conversations online! Therefore, to save GIFs on your Android Phone, this method is worth a try!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Q1. How do I download GIFs from Google to my Android?
You can download GIFs from Google by searching for them under the image search. Once you find an appropriate result, tap on the three dots at the right-hand side of the screen and select the download image. Your GIFs I’ll be saved in your phone’s memory.
Q2. How do I save a GIF image on my phone?
There are several ways to save a GIF image on your phone. You can either save it directly with the help of a browser or by using third-party applications like Giphy. You can also download them on your PC and transfer them to your phone.
- How To Save Photos To SD Card On Android Phone
- How to save your phone from water damage?
- How to Mirror Your Android or iPhone Screen to Chromecast
- How To Know If Someone Blocked Your Number On Android
We hope this guide was helpful and you were able to save GIFs on your Android phone. Still, if you have any doubts then feel free to ask them in the comment section.