Desktop operating systems like macOS come with unlimited features of their own. Apparently, Mac lets you do things you simply cannot do with other computers. After Microsoft Windows, it is the second most widely used desktop OS. Just like other operating systems, you can copy and paste into the clipboard on your Mac. However, it is a small and temporary storage area. In case copy and pasting is the basic work you do on your Mac then the standard clipboard can become a hindrance. Our today’s guide is on the same top where you will be able to learn a great deal about this tool and best Mac clipboard manager for your device. So, buckle up and let us get started with finding you one of the best clipboard managers for macOS.
Table of Contents
Best Mac Clipboard Manager Apps
Here, we have shown the list of best Mac clipboard manager apps that you can download for free.
What is a Mac Clipboard Manager?
- A clipboard manager on Mac is a useful tool that lets users copy and paste text, images, and other items as many times as required.
- This app adds functionality to an operating system’s clipboard.
- A third-party clipboard manager for Mac helps save multiple items to the clipboard, view/manage clipboard history, and paste multiple items simultaneously quickly and efficiently.
- A clipboard manager for Mac supports multiple buffers that let users copy multiple text snippets in various formats so that they can be accessed later when required.
List of Best Mac Clipboard Manager Apps
There are various clipboard manager tools available on the internet. We have listed the best picks for the app that you can use on your macOS to improve the functionality of the clipboard manager as well as to speed up your workflow.
Selecting Paste as the clipboard manager tool for your Mac system is an excellent and wise choice. Paste is an app that lets you choose as many snippets as you want to store. You can easily organize and access everything that you have copied in Paste.
- You can easily keep, search, and organize everything you copy on your Mac, iPhone, or iPad with Paste.
- Paste offers unlimited clipboard history.
- You can easily find anything you copied on any device with Paste.
- Paste also offers privacy as your data never leaves your device or your private iCloud.
- This app offers powerful features to boost your productivity.
- You can easily paste multiple items in the order you choose while keeping the original format or can also switch to plain text.
- You can also set custom rules in Paste by choosing what to keep and exclude.
- Paste lets you preview your links, images, and files.
- Paste offers a 14-day free trial and costs $14,99/year.
Flycut is a clean and simple clipboard manager for Mac devices. Flycut is a tool that is based on an open-source app called Jumpcut. It is an open-source clipboard manager as well.
- Users can easily copy code pieces that are stored in the history of the Flycut app.
- You can copy-paste code pieces using Shift + Cmd + V even if you have something different in your current clipboard of Flycut.
- Flycut lets you change hotkey and other settings in preferences.
- The app is not designed to copy images or tables but can be used by non-developers.
- Flycut is a more streamlined app.
- Users can also sync Flycut with Dropbox to back up clipboard history.
- Flycut is a perfect app for developers.
Also Read: 19 Best Screen Recorders for Mac
In CopyClip you can take advantage of the functionalities of this clipboard even if you are not a pro. This is because CopyClip supports a user-friendly interface that lets you use the app without any hassle.
- CopyClip is a simple and convenient clipboard manager that is available for free on Mac.
- CopyClip stores all the copied or cut information that allows you to quickly find snippets of the text.
- This tool also lets you choose how many clippings you want it to remember.
- With CopyClip, you can easily copy and cut snippets anywhere on the system.
- You can also exclude apps that you don’t need for content recording in CopyClip.
- You can easily avoid the storage of personal and sensitive information on CopyClip.
Clipy is the next Mac clipboard manager free that you can use if you like the idea of pinned clips. Clipy is an open-source and published clipboard manager. Clipy follows simple integration into workflow out of the box.
- Clipy is a free app available for macOS 10.10 or later.
- Clipy is an easy-to-use clipboard extension application that supports multiple formats such as plain text and images.
- With Clipy, you can freely call the menu with shortcut keys and refer to the history of the clipboard at any time.
- By registering a fixed phrase as a snippet in Clipy, you can paste the fixed phrase at any time.
- Users can also record images with Clipy.
Copy’Em offers almost all features while being absolutely unobtrusive. Copy’Em offers basic as well as advanced clipboard features.
- Copy’Em helps to record your clipboard history of copied text, images, links, files, and screenshots.
- You can copy and paste anytime in Copy’Em at your fingertips.
- You can also use Copy’Em to copy and paste items in batches.
- Other features of Copy’Em include research data collection, storing favorite items permanently, pasting frequent snippets via keyboard shortcuts, dragging and dropping images as file attachments, stripping text formats or transforming text, organizing items into lists, sorting and labeling them, previewing and editing text, and syncing them via iCloud.
- Copy’Em is a time-saver application that is both rich in features and also easy-to-use.
- This app accepts HTML, text, images, links, files, and clippings of proprietary formats.
- You can also drag and drop items into target applications.
- You can also use local shortcuts to paste items in Copy’Em.
- Copy’Em can sync with your iPhone and iPad as well.
- It is a paid app that charges $14.99 for Mac users.
Also Read: 15 Best IRC Clients for Mac and Linux
6. CopyClip 2
CopyClip 2 app is one of the slickest and most efficient premium clipboard managers that you can use for your Mac. This app helps you to quickly find the snippets of the text you have been looking for by storing all the text that you have copied and cut in the past.
- CopyClip 2 has the ability to store up to 9999 clippings.
- You can use the embedded search bar in CopyClip 2 to search through clippings.
- You can also use the original formatting to paste clippings.
- CopyClip 2 offers keyboard shortcuts to paste clippings.
- You can easily pin the clippings to the top of the list in CopyClip 2.
- CopyClip 2 gives you the option to exclude apps you wish not to copy clippings from you.
- In CopyClip 2, you can delete all clippings at once.
- The app offers Dark/Light user interface themes.
- CopyClip 2 works on both the menubar and Dock.
- CopyClip 2 charges $7.99 from users.
Yippy is easy-to-use as well as intuitive. Even though the app is not available in the App Store, you can download it from its official website.
- In yippy, you can toggle open using the hotkey Cmd + Shift + V.
- You can also select the item you would like to paste by clicking or using the up and down arrows in Yippy.
- This app lets users press enter to paste the selected text into the current cursor location.
- You can easily float the Yippy window on the left, right, top, or bottom portion of your desktop screen.
- Yippy offers hotkeys for the 10 most recent copied items.
- You can also easily delete any items in the history in Yippy.
- Yippy allows users to drag items directly where they would like them.
- Yippy enables users to preview text, files, and images by pressing the spacebar.
Pastebot is specifically for those users who want more than the basic clipboard functions. The interface of the app is extremely easy-to-use and also makes the app appealing.
- Pastebot helps to quickly recall clippings that you have copied before and apply powerful text filters to format before pasting.
- Users can queue up multiple clippings to paste in sequence with Pastebot.
- This app always runs on your desktop and is only a keyboard shortcut away to command copy & paste.
- Pastebot runs on macOS 10.14 or later.
- Powerful filters are offered by Pastebot.
- With Pastebot, you can quickly access your clippings from any app and search, preview, or filter clippings to paste in sequence.
- Pastebot offers iCloud sync as well.
- Custom pasteboards are provided by this tool.
- Pastebot also works in full-screen and split-screen modes.
- The price for using Pastebot is $12.99.
Also Read: 11 Best Audio Editing Software for Mac
Unclutter is a 3-in-one productivity app to boost your efficiency and comfort on Mac during the day.
- Unclutter is a handy application to store notes, files, and pasteboard clips on your desktop.
- Unclutter helps with clipboard history with you can browse the list of recent clips and recall any of them easily.
- This app also helps to take quick notes without launching a text editor.
- You can also find any note with a keyword, using the full-text search in Unclutter.
- Unclutter is a file hub as well where you have a place to drop casual files, without cluttering your desktop or wasting time searching for them.
- You can also drag items from your desktop in Unclutter to store them in the app.
- Unclutter offers universal clipboard support.
- This tool also supports Light/Dark themes.
- The tool is also known for its full retina and multi-display support.
- The price to use this app is $19.99.
Gyazo is also a decent Mac clipboard manager free that you can use to capture and share your screen. The app is used by millions of Mac users around the world every month.
- Gyazo enables users to take screenshots and use animated GIFs that can be easily created.
- With Gyazo, you can now upload 10 multiple images.
- You can also upload 5 images from the photo library of your device in Gyazo.
- Uploaded images in Gyazo are sorted by the date taken.
- Languages supported by the app are English and Japanese.
- Gyazo can also be used on other platforms such as Windows, Linux, and Android.
Maccy is a famous clipboard manager for macOS which does the job of copy the history at hand perfectly.
- Maccy is an open-source and lightweight clipboard manager app.
- Maccy is not overloaded with unnecessary features like other apps.
- You can open and search your entire clipboard history with Maccy in a fraction of a second.
- Maccy is a keyboard-first app.
- This app respects your privacy and is completely secure and safe to use.
- The app has been built using native minimalistic macOS UI.
- Maccy is completely free to use and its full source code is also available.
- In Maccy, you can use keyboard shortcuts for most of its operations.
- Certain apps can also be excluded from being recorded in Maccy.
- You can also pin items and paste clippings in Maccy.
PasteBox is a lightweight which you can use as a clipboard and snipped manager. You can easily copy-paste workflow with PasteBox including data, text, and photos.
- PasteBox is rich with features that help with snippet management and clipboard usage.
- PasteBox offers numerous options to use, organize, and manage your clipped data.
- PasteBox is the easiest, smartest, and fastest way to copy, save, and store any text, web page address, or photos.
- With PasteBox, you can save various clipboard types including plain text and images.
- With the shortcut key in PasteBox, you can invoke a popup menu with saved items in which you can select items that will be moved to the clipboard.
- The app offers features like persistent history and application exclusion.
- You can also display color in PasteBox when the hex string is copied.
- Drag and drop option is also provided by PasteBox.
- Charges to use PasteBox are $5.99.
Also Read: Top 21 Best Alternatives to Adobe InDesign
Anybuffer is another Mac clipboard manager free to use for organizing stuff on macOS, iOS, and iPadOS. This is not just a regular clipboard manager but is also an organizer that helps you in storing and organizing everything on your device.
- You can store and organize links, images, videos, documents, and text in AnyBuffer.
- AnyBuffer helps in syncing across all devices and is available right where you need it.
- You can never lose your data again with AnyBuffer as it saves the contents of the clipboard.
- You can also edit copied data in AnyBuffer.
- AnyBuffer helps users in scanning documents and creating quick sketches on iOS and iPadOS.
- You can access powerful search and smart shelves of AnyBuffer easily.
- This clipboard manager tool is a drag & drop powerhouse.
- AnyBuffer also offers iCloud sync.
14. Alfred 5
Alfred 5 app is an award-winning clipboard manager that is preferred by millions of users around the world.
- Alfred 5 boosts your efficiency with hotkeys, text expansion, keywords, and more.
- Alfred 5 can be used as an app to search and browse apps and files.
- With the help of Alfred’s snippets and clipboard history feature, you don’t need to type the same URLs or responses over and over.
- You can make use of Alfred’s powerpack to use immensely powerful workflows to perform tasks more efficiently and cut down on manual tasks.
- You can also control your music with Alfred 5.
- Alfred 5 also provides users with a usage status graph.
- You can sync Alfred 5 with Dropbox as well.
- You can also view your local contacts and copy or take action on their details with Alfred 5.
- You can download Alfred 5 for Mac for free.
Also Read: Fix Wallpaper changes automatically after computer restarts
15. LaunchBar 6
LaunchBar 6 is a product by Objective Development. LaunchBar is a powerful file operation and filesystem browsing tool.
- LaunchBar 6 is an adaptive app launcher as well as a document browser.
- This app also acts as a personal digital assistant.
- You can easily browse the file system, query file metadata, and copy, move, or rename files and folders with LaunchBar 6.
- With LaunchBar 6, you can perform desktop or web searches and get instant feedback.
- Other features of LaunchBar 6 involve being a snippet manager, clipboard history, jukebox, calculator, script runner, and information browser.
- Indexing rules of LaunchBar 6 include finder tags, reminders, emojis, a safari reading list, top sites, iCloud tabs, themes, and more.
- You can also check your usage profile in LaunchBar 6.
- With a 30-day trial, you can LaunchBar 6 for free.
16. CopyLess 2
CopyLess 2 app is basically a redesign and overhaul of the CopyLess clipboard manager tool.
- CopyLess 2 instantly captures the copy-and-paste operations performed in other applications.
- CopyLess 2 is known to store up to 1000 recent clippings.
- CopyLess 2 is an app that is extremely ideal for text and image editing, programming, customer support, and frequently used command-line tool snippets.
- With its extended clipboard history, you cannot lose anything that you copy.
- Dragging and dropping clippings are supported by CopyLess 2.
- You can keep your favorite clippings around by marking them.
- You can also sync your favorites to iCloud with CopyLess 2.
- A search field option is also provided by CopyLess 2.
- CopyLess 2 has 9 predefined styles for quick mood changes.
- Voice-over support and accessibility to everyone are also offered by this app.
- Languages supported by CopyLess 2 include English, French, German, Japanese, Russian, Spanish, and more.
Also Read: 21 Best Pastebin Alternatives to Share Code and Text
Another convenient is none other than iClip. This app allows you to access your clipping history in its gorgeous interface that is extremely easy to use.
- You can save everything you copy in the iClip clipboard recorder.
- You can easily copy plain text, images, files, and rich text by using iClip.
- iClip is a simple yet powerful tool.
- You can also drag and drop your documents with iClip.
- iClip has been made with meticulous design and solid UI.
- Along with being rich in features, iClip is also a customizable app.
- You can efficiently copy & paste in iClip without removing your hands from the keyboard.
- iClip helps to organize your stored clips into multiple sets.
18. Keyboard Maestro
Keyboard Maestro which helps automate applications or websites, text or images, simple or complex, on command or scheduled. With Keyboard Maestro you can automate everything virtually.
- You can improve your productivity with Keyboard Maestro on your Mac.
- Keyboard Maestro helps users quickly automate their task.
- You can also control applications with this app in which you can rearrange windows, open specific documents, play music, and handle mail in a faster and easier way.
- Keyboard Maestro helps users to manipulate text and images, create reports, transform text, download files, and OCR images, expand text snippets, filter clipboards, perform calculations, and work with multiple-entry clipboard history.
- This app also helps you fill in web forms, download reports or bank statements, visit commonly read pages, format web pages, and make browsing the web more efficient.
- This tool supports hundreds of built-in actions as well.
- Keyboard Maestro supports macOS 10.13 or later versions.
- A one-time purchase for version 10 of Keyboard Maestro costs about $36.
Also Read: 18 Best Wayback Machine Alternatives
Raycast is an extremely fast application that can be used as an extendable launcher.
- Raycast lets your complete tasks, share common links, calculate, and perform many more tasks.
- This tool allows you to search and browse extensions for your tools, actions, and more.
- Raycast is a lightweight and snappy tool.
- You can also control Spotify and Apple music with a hit of a button.
- The best thing about Raycast is that it lets users build perfect tools with its API.
- Raycast is also an open-source tool.
- Users can share commands, quicklinks, and snippets with Raycast.
- Other features of Raycast are script commands, shortcuts, file search, system commands, and floating notes.
- You can download Raycast for free on Mac with OS 11+.
20. Smarty Paste
Smarty Paste is known to store everything you copy and also keep your history organized.
- Smarty Paste offers to expand mode that can be used to expand the entire window to full screen.
- The performance mode of Smarty Paste involves convenient viewing of records that adapt to the content without unnecessary icons and animations.
- Other features of Smarty Paste include animations, dark themes, sound, and quicklook.
- Smarty Paste offers a Basic version that costs $17 and a Premium version that costs $25.
- Fix Dropbox Not Enough Space to Access Folder
- How Long Does it Take to Charge AirPods Pro
- 14 Best Free Live Wallpapers for Mac
- 18 Best Adobe Illustrator Alternative for Mac
This brings us to the end of our guide on Mac clipboard manager. We hope that you were able to find a perfect clipboard manager tool for yourself. By leaving your comments below, do let us know about your thoughts, queries, and suggestions.