Do you have a knack for creating music tracks and podcasts with social media influencers? Well, starting from scratch without the right equipment can lead to certain roadblocks such as noise disruptions, and bad audio quality. Luckily, we have come up with this comprehensive list of the best audio editing software for Mac, empowering you to tackle such situations like a pro.
Best Audio Editing Software for Mac
Contrary to popular belief, you do not always need expensive audio editing systems. Instead, you can do the job equally efficiently on your Mac. But to make the most out of its capabilities, it is crucial to have the right audio editing software. Fortunately, there are tons of options available. Here are a few that you should consider.
When it comes to finding the best audio editing software for Mac, Adobe Audition had to make the list. It is one of the best professional tools to create new music by mixing and using different effects. This comprehensive toolset comes with numerous features to aid users in creating different projects. It is definitely one of the best free easy audio editing software for Mac OS.
- You can play audio at different speeds such as 1.1x and 1.2x.
- It lets you copy and paste effects from one track to another.
- Adobe Auction comes with hundreds of free sound effects.
- You can use different hardware and plug-ins to use your favorite gear for music production.
2. Logic Pro
Logic Pro is a fully-fledged digital audio workstation, designed for producing professional music with ease. It offers a complete set of tools and features that help intermediates and professionals infuse their tracks with creativity and passion. You can use different tools to mix and export your music for Dolby Atmos.
- Logic Pro also lets users record and edit MIDI or audio.
- You can easily create and switch between different playlists.
- It lets you fix out-of-tune vocals, timing, and tempo.
- You can either import the audio or record it directly.
Audacity is a free, beginner-friendly, and open-source audio editing software. It allows users to create new music by recording and editing audio files using tons of features. Whether you are a professional or a beginner, this tool can work wonders and enhance your creative process.
- Audacity features an intuitive and user-friendly interface.
- You can use a microphone to record high-quality music using this software.
- It supports 16-bit, 24-bit, and 32-bit.
- Audacity supports different plugins including VST, LADSPA, LV2, and Audio Unite effect.
- You can use it for basic actions such as cut, copy, paste, delete, undo, and redo.
Also Read: 13 Best Audio Recording Software for Mac
4. PRO TOOLS
Pro Tools by Avid is one of the leading audio recording and editing software used by both seasoned creators and newbies. With this digital audio workstation, you can use different tools to make new beats, song tracks, and vocal or instrument recordings. It is definitely one of the best free easy audio editing software for Mac OS.
- This tool lets you add color-coded notes and comments to any track.
- Pro Tools comes with an extensive range of plugins, sound options, and loops.
- You can try this best audio editing software for Mac for free for 30 days.
- Pro Tools let you convert audio into MIDI.
oceaudio is a powerful yet easy-to-use audio editing software. It allows users to edit and enhance their audio files with precision using different features. This cross-platform software is based on Ocen Framework which helps users across multiple platforms manipulate audio as per their preference.
- ocenaudio is available for Windows, MacOS, and Linux users,
- It supports different plugins and effects alongside real-time preview.
- This software offers a real-time preview feature to listen to processed audio.
- It includes the multi-selection feature to speed up the process by selecting different portions of an audio file.
- ocenaudio also comes with a fully-fledged spectrogram view.
Equipped with different features, Fission makes the entire audio editing process a piece of cake. It helps users with basic tasks such as cropping, trimming, and merging multiple files. Moreover, it streamlines the process to get the job done at a faster pace than ever. It is a suitable choice for beginners, intermediates, and experts.
- Fission edits your audio files without any loss in their quality.
- You can use it to export or convert files into MP3, AIFF, WAV, and FLAC formats in bulk.
- It can automatically split your files depending on the silence.
- You can use it to create custom iPhone ringtones.
Also Read: 19 Best Screen Recorders for Mac
The next option on our list is WavePad Audio Editing Software. This is one of the most popular audio editors among Windows and Mac users. From carrying out basic editing skills to featuring advanced tools, this free software has everything you need.
- WavePad lets you record and edit audio recordings.
- You can use it to cut, copy, and paste parts of your audio files.
- It lets you add different effects like echo, amplify, equalizer, and reverse.
- WavePad also works as an MP3 editor and supports different file formats like WMA, VOX, and GSM.
RX Post Production is a comprehensive audio post-production software package, specifically designed to enhance your audio recordings. Its range of tools and features helps users achieve professional-grade audio quality without facing much difficulty. RX Post Production removes unnecessary noise and audio imperfections from your recordings to make them perfect.
- You can use the Dialogue Match plug-in with this software to edit and enhance dialogue tracks to improve speech intelligibility.
- You can use different compatible plugins.
9. Ableton Live
Ableton Live is another popular digital audio workstation that can help you create and edit music like a professional. This intuitive and powerful software is designed to aid musicians and producers in their creative endeavors. For this, Ableton Live offers amusing features like:
- You can pick different sections of multiple audios and combine them to create a single track.
- Ableton Live lets you link multiple tracks to edit them simultaneously.
- You can try Ableton Live for free for 90 days.
- This software also allows users to use their MPE-capable controller for more precision and convenience.
- It offers different instruments including a piano, brass quartet, and string quartet.
10. FL STUDIO
The next option on our list of the best audio editing software for Mac is FL Studio. Equipped with numerous features, this software is an ideal choice for beginners as well as seasoned creators. You can use it to create, edit, and mix audio tracks with ease, and upgrade your skills like never before.
- You can experiment with different filters such as Vintage Phaser and VFX Sequencer.
- FL Studio supports multiple languages including English, Chinese, German, and Spanish.
- You can create new projects and save them in MP3 or WAV formats.
- FL Studio is currently available for Android, iOS, Windows, and MacOS devices.
Also Read: 13 Best GarageBand Alternative for Android
LMMS is a free, open-source digital audio workstation that helps music enthusiasts of all levels to create and produce professional-quality music. You can use this tool to create different beats, music tracks, and melodies with ease. For this, the software comes with a multitude of features, helping users to experiment and create record-breaking stuff with ease.
- LMMS features a wide collection of presets, plugins, and equalizers.
- This best audio editor for Mac offers a user-friendly interface.
- This software is available for Windows, MacOS, and Linux.
- It allows users to import MIDI files.
Descript is a renowned tool that has truly revolutionized the way we edit audio files and videos on our devices. It is a simple and powerful tool that is multipurpose and a great choice for beginners and experts. Its intuitive features can streamline the entire editing process and help you upgrade your skills.
- You can use it to record multitrack audio, webcam, and screen video in high quality.
- It offers up to 95% accurate and automatic transcripts.
- The software features live collaboration.
- You can use Descript to trim MP3 and AIFF audio file formats.
Tuneblades is considered one of the most versatile and powerful music editing tools. By downloading it on your device, you can remix and adjust different parameters of the audio files as per your preference. It is currently available for Mac OS and App Store.
- This tool lets you upload the track directly or use a URL.
- It supports different file formats including MP3, M4AM, and WAV.
- Tuneblades help you scale any music track with ease.
- You can get Tuneblades for $3.99/ month.
By downloading Cubase on your device, you can start creating music and editing with tons of different professional- features and tools. It is a great choice for beginners and can be used to create recording-breaking tracks on your device. Moreover, this best audio editor for Mac is suitable for almost all genres and budgets. This best audio editing software for Mac is a must-try option.
- You can use it to warp-quantize numerous tracks at once with ease.
- It supports MIDI Remote.
- Cubase lets users manipulate vocal editing and pitch change of notes.
- It also features in-built Spectral Comparison EQ.
Also Read: 16 Best Paid Video Editor for Mac
15. Studio One
The next option on our list is Studio One. It is an all-in-one tool that helps users to record new music and edit it to make the best version. studio One is easy-to-use and is armed with tons of different features, making the entire process faster.
- Studio One features an intuitive drag-and-drop workflow.
- It also features tons of templates to help you speed up the process.
- Each Smart Template comes with step-by-step instructions for beginners.
- It streamlines collaboration by allowing users to upload files to PreSonus Sphere Workspaces.
- Studio One comes with tons of different cool effects, plug-ins, and audio loops.
16. Serato Studio
Serato Studio is another popular music production software designed for music creators and DJs. It is a fast, user-friendly, and reliable tool to create professional-grade music without heavy equipment. Instead, this best free easy audio editing software for Mac OS streamlines the entire process, so you can make the most out of this software.
- This tool offers 300+ pre-made drum patterns to help you edit different music genres.
- You can use this software to adjust the pitch of your audio tracks.
- The serator can automatically create chords with the Auto Chord feature.
- It offers an in-built Serato Visualizer.
DRmare is another comprehensive music converter designed for Mac users. It allows them to enhance their audio recordings by editing using many features. The software is currently available for Windows and Mac users.
- You can use DRmare to convert Apple Music, Audible audiobooks, and iTunes audiobooks to MP3, AAC, and M4A.
- You can retain the original ID3 tags of your audio files.
- It features a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Tipard is a professional music converter. It can convert almost all types of audio files to iTunes, iPod, Android, and MP3. Moreover, this software features high-quality audio and lightning-fast speed. Tipard even lets you preview before making the desired changes to ensure everything is according to your preference.
- You can convert any audio file to MP3, WAX, FLAC, and M4A.
- It is available for free as well as in a paid version.
- Tripard helps to extract audio from HD videos and is compatible with MKV, MP4, and AVI formats.
- The tool lets you adjust audio settings.
19. Adobe Podcast
Adobe Podcast is an AI-powered audio recording and editing tool for Mac users. It enhances speech clarity by removing unnecessary noise from the background. Moreover, this tool is renowned for making your audio look like professionally edited.
- Adobe Podcast can sync different recordings recorded by multiple users and shared using a link.
- It also comes with a mic check feature to ensure the setup is correct.
- You get different templates to fasten the process and collaborate with others.
BandLab lets you create music anywhere and anytime you feel your creativity budding and is one of the best free audio editing software for Mac. It is one of the most popular and super fun tools to record new music tracks and edit them with top-notch editing tools. Moreover, the tool is available for Windows and Mac users and is considered a safe and suitable choice.
- BandLab is a fast and professional-grade tool.
- This DAW helps with multi-track projects.
- It comes with free Cloud storage.
- It allows up to 50 collaborators on each project.
Moises is an amazing tool for Mac users that helps to boost their creativity and enhance their music tracks. Equipped with different features, this tool lets you create samples, remixes, and engaging mashups. It is also a great option for beginners, students, and intermediates to enhance their skills.
- It can instantly generate tracks that align with the sync of your audio files.
- You can slow down or speed up the song.
- It also lets you control the pitch and change the song key.
- This best audio editing software for Mac supports MP3, AAC3, AIFF, WMA, and OCG formats.
Whether you are looking for basic editing or advanced-level adjustments, the software mentioned above has got you covered. Nonetheless, the ultimate choice depends on your individual requirements and preferences. If you enjoyed reading this article, please leave a comment below and tell us about your favorite audio editor.