Today the use of desktops, laptops, mobile phones, and tablets has become a child’s play. Can you name anyone who doesn’t use and/or own any of these devices? You can’t. No one can. The important thing to note here is that all these devices are useless without the operating system software. The functioning of all the gadgets mentioned above depends upon the type of software installed on them. Whether it is to surf the web, edit a video, create a work of art, or perform any function, OS plays the most crucial role. Imagine if the installed software gets corrupted or malicious software or malware gets uploaded into the device? What will happen now? God forbid! If this happens, the system will crash and all of your hard work will come to naught. It is for this reason that malware is also infamous as a program or software with criminal or harmful intent. To help prevent this, there are many antivirus software available. We have shown 26 free malware removal tool in Windows 10.
25+ Best Free Malware Removal Tool
Generally, most users install malware scanners or antivirus software at the time of installation of new OS on their device or with every new purchase. In our discussion below, we will be harping on some of the best free malware removal tools and software. If you need help deciding which one to install, read our guide to learn about their scanning & compatibility features.
Malwarebyte acts as the centralized management and is considered to be the most effective malware removal software tool for the following reasons:
- It acts as a modem, hub, or bridge between devices and enables to-and-fro communication between them.
- It warns about any perceived danger.
- It instantly detects threats on Windows PC.
- It enables you to turn off notifications while watching a movie or while gaming.
- It protects Android and iOS mobiles.
- It protects Chromebook against Phishing activities.
- It detects and removes hitchhikers.
- Malwarebyte browser guard blocks spying trackers and filter-disturbing ads.
- It downloads Chrome, Edge, and Firefox browsers, automatically.
- It cleans your corrupted or threat-infected devices, free of cost.
- It removes Potentially Unwanted Programs and ads.
- it provides daily updates as and when it identifies and removes new threats the minute they appear.
- it occupies very less disk space.
- It is a multi-lingual software.
Avira is a malware scanner that ranks amongst the best free malware removal tool and software.
- It keeps your device free of viruses, malware, and spyware.
- It can track more than 350,000 threats.
- It automatically scans for threats and viruses in real-time and removes them regularly.
- It keeps a check on your e-mail account.
- It provides a list of all the apps which request access to your sensitive data and information.
- Avira scans your device’s memory storage and removes unwanted junk.
- This also ensures your system speed is not compromised.
- It protects against Ransomware.
- It provides an additional limit of 500 MB per month of free VPN usage.
- It keeps other transactions secure.
- It disables spyware and keeps you protected.
- it gives you the liberty to choose the features you want to install.
- it gives an upgraded option of installation across 5 or more devices.
- It rids you of any VPN limit.
Avast free malware removal software is worth making the list of Best Free Malware Removal Tools due to the below-highlighted factors:
- It keeps your device not only free from viruses, but also against malware attacks.
- It automatically scans and removes threats and viruses in real-time.
- Its sandbox feature detects malicious software and suspicious apps online before you download or install them on your device
- It also checks and protects against any malware-infected links on the web itself.
- In addition, it does a security check of your Wi-Fi network against viruses and keeps you on the lookout for dubious browser add-ons and unsafe settings.
- Avast protects against Ransomware, ensuring you are not held to ransom to access your important documents and data folders.
- It has an organized, easy-to-use interface with firewall protection.
- It protects against privacy invasion.
- Avast includes a notification icon that notifies of any issues.
- It also ensures the safety of your password.
- It is available for iOS, Android, and Mac devices.
The free version of Bitdefender award-winning anti-malware and anti-virus software is worth a shot due to the following reasons:
- It instantly gets to work viz checking for system weaknesses and determining threats in real-time.
- This is an excellent tool for Windows PCs providing complete immunity not only against viruses but also against malware.
- It proactively checks for network threats and protects against any malware-infected links on the web, before downloading onto your device.
- Bitdefender also enables instant boot scanning every time your device is switched on.
- It shields your important data, files, and documents against malicious software providing multi-layer Ransomware protection.
- It disables ads; thus, enabling a distraction-free, concentrated working environment.
- It provides a comprehensive support system blocking spam calls, ads, and scam websites on both Android and iOS devices.
- With a hassle-free, user-friendly interface, this silent worker is a good malware removal tool to have.
McAfee free of cost tool ranks amongst the list of the best malware removal software because:
- It provides instant protection to all of your internet-based devices, against various types of malware and viruses.
- It enables parental control to restrict access to content from the Google Play Store, based on age & maturity level.
- It enables unlimited use of VPN service.
- This program monitors & prevents data theft by securing a system firewall.
- It protects against privacy invasion and blocks hackers and intruders.
- It allows us to save our online passwords in a single location.
- Using 256-bit encryption, McAfee stores our private files and folders on the system.
- It protects against Phishing attacks like session hijacking, content injection, link manipulation, fake websites, and Phishing emails.
- It enables Cipher texting, by way of which one can scramble all files, folders stored in a PC or the cloud or on a USB flash drive, making them unreadable to an unauthorized person.
Also Read: How to Transfer Files from Android to PC
AVG simple, multi-featured, all-in-one anti-malware solution is considered to be one of the best malware removal tools due to the below-listed reasons:
- It has a simple, easy to run, user-friendly dashboard.
- It enables you to scan your PC via your mobile phone.
- It protects against dubious links, which could upload unreliable software from the web.
- Being quite configurable, you can mold it as per your preferences and requirements.
- AVG enables you to encrypt your data using firewall protection.
- It provides Artificial Intelligence-based real-time defense against malware.
- It enables webcam protection by blocking apps that try to access the camera. Not only that, it instantly notifies the webcam user of any breach in security too.
- Moreover, it secures your data, files, and documents against unwanted access providing Ransomware protection.
Kaspersky software is considered to be one such malware protection software that is useful for beginners as well as professionals. This is so, because:
- It was ranked near-perfect, best-performing security tool by most independent test labs worldwide.
- It is easy to use with a superbly designed user interface.
- It offers plenty of on-screen instructions which make things a lot simpler for beginners. This creates a more comfortable environment to understand this software.
- Kaspersky comes with an excellent and smart web filtering mechanism that detects, blocks, and removes dangerous threats and URLs.
- It delivers accurate, consistent, and effective Ransomware protection.
- Its automatic scanning feature enables smart monitoring & reversing malicious actions. This makes Kaspersky stand out from the rest on the market today.
- It even offers live video chats and supports full-scale telephonic communication.
- It disables crypto-mining providing impromptu protection against worms that slow down the performance of devices and servers on a network.
- This software continuously protects user privacy.
If your device has been infected with malicious software then, HitmanPro is the way to go. It is considered to be a very effective diagnostic tool based on its solid groundwork:
Note: For Mac users, it offers another software called Sophos Home created by their parent company Sophos.
- This light-duty, 10MB+ software can be downloaded and run on the system without mandatory installation.
- This software enables deep scanning before booting an operating system.
- Rather than just searching for malware, it proactively tries to locate Trojan horse software.
- It also enables quick scanning of just the infected part of the system, after repair.
- It cleans and repairs your device regularly.
- HitmanPro keeps your data private and system free of unwanted apps and toolbars.
- It does not support advertisements.
- It does not call for uninstalling while ensuring no compromise in your system.
- It provides multi-lingual support.
9. Advanced System Protector
In this list of best free malware removal tools and software, the Advanced System Protector also holds its ground because of the below-mentioned reasons:
- It ensures total privacy by deleting browsing history and browser cookies.
- It ensures freedom from unwanted rogue apps and toolbars.
- ASP offers quick, deep & custom scans as per requirement and convenience of users.
- It keeps itself regularly updated.
- It detects and removes advertisements or interruptions of any kind.
- It not only detects but also deletes unwanted toolbars and rogue apps.
- It also blocks Keyloggers i.e. the activity-monitoring software programs.
- It uses minimal system resources ensuring no system lag or slowdown during deep scanning.
- It ensures the safety of your password.
- This software is compatible with Windows 10, 8.1, 8, and 7 operating systems, besides the 32-bit and 64-bit Windows Vista OS.
- It also hosts a new technology that enables the recovery of deleted photos of all formats.
Also Read: 9 Best Free Data Recovery Software (2022)
As the name suggests, Malwarefox is a free Malware Removal Software that has made its name in the list of best free malware removal tool and software for the following reasons:
- Its Rootkit Removal tool prevents back-door entry to a collection of malicious software known as RootKit, to that portion of your PC that cannot otherwise, be accessed.
- Its user-friendly interface provides 24×7 protection, for a fortnight. Beyond that, you must upgrade to its premium version for year-long security.
- This is hassle-free, easy-to-install software.
- Being a lightweight application, it does not occupy unwanted memory space in your PC.
- With an inbuilt Adware removal tool, it blocks forced ads and unwanted Pop-ups keeping you free from the nuisance of uncalled-for distractions.
- Its anti-Ransomware tool provides active protection against any forcible ransom demand to access your own data.
- Its Spyware removal tool takes care of your privacy.
11. Malware Hunter
Malware Hunter, an award-winning tool, is one of the best free malware removal tool because:
- It offers quick, full, and custom scans for your system.
- It enables real-time, auto-updating features, keeping your PCs and smartphones secure and up-to-date.
- This software generates a complete synopsis of infected and scanned files.
- It can identify more than 600+ Ransomware by specific filenames, ransom note names, e-mail addresses, bitcoin addresses, etc.
- It also indicates the duration of the scan and provides a complete list of the issues resolved, once the scan is complete.
- It maintains your privacy by protecting your data from prying or spying programs.
- Being a small-sized software, it uses minimal system resources.
- Malware Hunter is also capable of supporting compressed files.
- It has a clear, simple, and intuitive user-friendly interface making it a preferred choice amongst virus scanners.
Also Read: 18 Best Tools for Hacking
Bytefence has made its mark in the market as one of the best free malware removal software due to listed features:
- It provides 24×7, year-round protection against malicious malware.
- It enables a complete scan of your PCs, smartphones, and other network-connected devices with just one click of the mouse.
- ByteFence provides its users with a quick and clean browsing experience.
- It not only searches for malware but also, locates and removes Trojans, worms, spyware, and adware from all your devices.
- It too offers real-time protection keeping your devices safe, secure, and up-to-date.
TotalAV Antivirus is a free malware eradication tool that provides comprehensive protection for all of your home devices in a single, easy-to-use desktop and smartphone application.
- Anti-Malware, Anti-Ransomware, Anti-Spyware, and Anti-Adware protection are available in real-time.
- Its Remote Firewall allows you to access your gadgets from anywhere.
- It offers anti-virus protection that is updated in real-time.
- It also has a very secure Password Vault to keep all of your passwords safe.
- It aids in the removal of viruses, trojans, and malware.
- It contains an Ad Block Pro function that allows for secure browsing when used with a VPN.
- It also assists you in freeing up memory with the use of a disc cleanup.
- It’s compatible with Windows, iOS, and Android.
Restoro is another one of the best free malware removal for Windows 10. It is a simple-to-use free malware removal program with advanced technology that safeguards and safely restores any PC to its original form.
- It installs new Windows to replace those that are broken or missing.
- It assists you in detecting potentially harmful applications before they do damage to your computer.
- It assists you in protecting your computer by eradicating malware.
- You may also use it to get rid of virus risks.
- It aids in the detection of potentially harmful websites.
- It aids you in regaining maximum performance.
15. Outbyte PC Repair
Outbyte PC Repair is a window repair pc optimizer utility that gives you a rapid overview of your computer’s performance.
- It aids in the detection and resolution of performance issues that may be harming your computer.
- It can locate and delete any temporary or cached files that are no longer in use.
- It assists you in allocating CPU processing time to specified programs.
- It allows you to disable Windows telemetry capabilities, giving you more control over your data’s privacy.
- It also assists you in resolving hundreds of the most frequent computer problems.
- It can be used with Windows.
Also Read: 5 Best IP Address Hider App for Android
16. iolo System Mechanic
iolo System Mechanic is malware removal software that uses behavior monitoring techniques.
- The utility aids in the detection and elimination of dangerous software packages.
- It provides malware analysis through the cloud.
- The technology is capable of detecting the most recent threats.
- It is capable of presenting a user-friendly interface.
- This program aids in the protection of your online privacy.
- This anti-malware program will assist you in erasing your hard disc.
17. IObit Malware Fighter
IObit is a malware detection tool that is basic and straightforward to use. It assists you with cleaning, speeding up, optimizing, and safeguarding your system.
- You may also use the tool to protect your online privacy.
- The gadget is capable of thwarting attacks in real-time.
- It protects your privacy and your browser.
- Its Advanced SystemCare feature can halt a harmful process in RAM.
- Its IObit Malware Fighter improves system security while refreshing your web browsing experience.
- It also aids in the resolution of drive errors and the repair of windows.
- Software remnants may be removed with a simple click.
18. Wise Anti Malware
Wise Anti Malware is another best free malware removal for Windows 10. It is a malware removal program that helps speed up your computer.
- This utility can protect you against harmful malware in real-time.
- It is capable of removing pop-up advertisements.
- Malware, virus, phishing, spyware, and other dangers are all protected by this malware program.
- It removes internet history and other traces from your computer’s hard drive.
- It has the ability to safeguard your privacy.
- It also speeds up your computer by defragging and reorganizing data on your hard drive.
- It set up an automated disc cleaning routine.
- It also does software updates automatically.
19. SolarWinds Security Event Manager
SolarWinds Security Event Manager is another one of the best free malware removal for Windows 10 that aids with the security of your computer.
- This program can identify attacks, monitor security rules, and safeguard your network automatically.
- Integrity monitoring is included in this network security program.
- It offers a user-friendly dashboard and user interface.
- It has built-in compliance reporting features.
- It has a log collecting for centralization.
- The technology can detect and respond to threats more quickly.
Also Read: What is Malware and What Does it Do?
Xvirus is a basic and easy-to-use program that helps you keep your computer safe from malicious software. It is also one of best free malware removal for Windows 10.
- This app allows you to scan your computer without having to put in any effort.
- The application can safeguard your PC in real-time.
- It makes light use of the system’s resources.
- It has an easy-to-use UI.
- It updates itself in the background.
- It works with your current antivirus software.
21. Zemana Antimalware
Zemana Antimalware is a program that scans and eliminates malware from your computer. This is another best free malware removal for Windows 10.
- Adware, unwanted browser add-ons, and adware may all be removed using this program.
- A registry startup scan is included in this malware scanner.
- It provides live customer service.
- You may schedule your scan using the tool.
- This virus cleanup program works on both Android and Windows.
Also Read: Top 10 Best Torrent Websites
22. NoVirusThanks Malware Remover
NoVirusThanks Malware Remover can handle and remove any kind of malware from your system in no time. This free malware removal tool has attractive attributes, and some of them are mentioned below:
- It is a tool designed to eliminate spyware, malware, trojan, and other challenging threats easily.
- NoVirusThanks also has a portable version.
- It can scan for various system hijacks like browser hijacks and hosts file hijacks and has the ability to fix all modified parameters to the original values.
- It is available for Windows 7, 8, 10, XP, Vista.
- The Behavioral Analysis tool can detect new and unknown malware without any up-to-date signatures.
23. 9-Lab Removal Tool
9-Lab Removal Tool is a free malware removal tool that thoroughly eliminates and prevents any threats to the system.
- The main feature of this tool is it does not interfere with any other malware software installed on your system. 9-Lab Removal Tool acts as a secondary malware removal tool if your primary can’t perform the tasks efficiently.
- This tool does not use any third pilot party projects to eliminate malware.
- 9-Lab Removal Tool claims of using a technology that cybercriminals are not aware of.
- It is powered by an up-to-date malware database that does not let bypass any security threats.
- Any kind of viruses and infections can be removed instantly with this tool.
Also Read: 8 Best Phone Cleaner Apps for Android
24. eScanAV Anti-Virus Toolkit
eScanAV Anti-Virus Toolkit is another fantastic tool to counter and prevent malware attacks on your system.
- You don’t have to install this software. Just downloading suffices.
- It can be run on your PC, from your CD ROM, or even on a USB drive.
- It has compatibility to function with other malware removal tools installed on your system.
- eScanAV is compatible with Windows (32/64 bit) systems.
- This tool gets updated daily with the latest updates available to download and eliminate dangerous malware attacks.
FreeFixer helps your systems get rid of the potential harmful viruses and malware to make it a safe place to perform your daily tasks.
- It has a simple and minimalist user interface to aid the precise detection and removal of malware.
- FreeFixer scans your entire system and presents the results for you to decide which unwanted files to remove.
- It can scan myriad locations on your system to trace unwanted files and traces of already deleted files.
- This freeware is compatible with any Windows version (32/64 bit).
- It can also scan system programs, such as the programs that start your system, browser settings ad plugins, etc.
Also Read: 16 Best Ad Blocking Extension for Chrome
RogueKiller is the last best free malware removal for Windows 10 on our list that also has some amazing features, as mentioned below:
- Along with malware protection, it can also protect your vital documents from theft and corruption.
- It can find both known and unknown viruses on your system.
- Artificial Intelligence and cloud signatures engines are embedded in this anti-malware software.
- RogueKiller allows you to use its real-time scanner names modular scanner to detect any type of dangerous malware on the system.
- It also possesses Anti-rootkit to find and eradicate viruses, malware, adware, etc.
RogueKiller has three subscription versions:
- Free: It has all basic malware protection functionalities for no money whatsoever.
- Premium: For $13/year, you can use ransomware protection and enterprise use functions.
- Technician: Portable configuration & license and unlimited machines support is possible with $32/year.
To conclude the above discussion, we observe that if on the one hand, the threat of cyberattacks is very real and scary due to the presence of a host of Trojans, worms, and viruses;
on the other hand, there is no dearth of Free Malware Removal Tools and Software on the internet. So, it’s pretty much balanced.
There is no particular tailor-made solution for anything. You can choose any of these depending on your occupation, your usage, your web surfing preferences, your expectations from the tool, and the cost of the subscription.
- How to Stop Auto Download in WhatsApp on Android and iPhone
- 25 Best Free Virtual Phone Number Provider
- 6 Best Free Alternatives to Windows for Advanced Users
- 16 Best Free Screen Recorder for PC
We hope that guide was helpful and you are now able to make an informed decision among the given best free malware removal tools for Windows 10. Let us know your queries/suggestions in the comment box below.