Taking notes during any discussion or class has not become obsolete and is a practice every person intends to have. However, having multiple notepads and a pen to jot down the important information and having to skim through pages to identify the exact information you are searching for may be tedious. This is where best digital note taking devices to come into play. These devices are like an integrated part of traditional practice and modern technology. Let us delve into the list of best tablets for note-taking to learn more about this.
Best Digital Note Taking Device
Here, we have shown best tablets for note-taking in detail.
Factors to be Considered for Buying Notepads
The following are the factors to be considered before buying best digital note taking device.
- Price- minimal cost with excellent features to be taken as cheap note taking tablet.
- Storage Capacity and memory size- memory and RAM space, available slots, and maximum storage capacity.
- Type of display- Display type, either EPD (Electronic Paper Display) to provide the experience of writing on paper or LCD (Liquid Crystal Display) to aid in the reading of documents using the backlit screen irrespective of lighting conditions, of the Tablet.
- Size and weight- higher dimension and lower weight.
- Connectivity- connectivity of the device with other options like Wi-Fi or Bluetooth.
- Battery life- longer battery life with minimum hours of charge.
- Syncing capability- ability to sync with other devices or apps.
- Compatible pen- compatible pen or stylus to use on the device screen.
- Downloadable apps- number of apps that can be downloaded.
- Operating system- Android, iOS, or any other recognized OS.
- Processing power- GPU and other backend-supported processes.
Benefits of using Digital Notepads
The benefits of using best tablet for taking handwritten notes are as listed in this section.
- Ability to add multimedia content,
- Portability- more portable and lightweight,
- Space consumption- lower space consumption,
- Easy editing and sharing,
- Collaborate with others in real-time,
- Obtain efficient backup of all files,
- Type of e-ink technology used in the electronic device.
1. Apple iPad Pro (6th Generation)
Sleek design is perfect for writing and sketching offering a natural and precise writing experience making Apple iPad Pro best digital note taking device.
- 10.2-inch iPad doubles or 12.9-inch Liquid Retina XDR display, inclusive of ProMotion, TrueTone, and P3 wide color.
- 8MP wide-back camera and 12MP ultra-wide front camera, an excellent choices for recording footage, capturing videos, and attending video calls.
- Compatible with Smart Keyboard Folio, and can be either used as a digital Notepad or Tablet with Apple Pencil or as Laptop with Magic or smart Keyboard.
- Multi-purpose and has an excellent battery life of up to 10 hours.
- Built-in Wi-Fi and LTE connectivity.
- Versatile functionality.
- A13 Bionic chip and up to 256 GB of storage for storing notes, books, illustrations, and apps.
- Best customization is Wi-Fi+ Cellular connection with 512 MB memory space and 2nd Generation Apple Pencil.
- Apple A13 Bionic processor for efficient working.
- Best app for note taking is Good Notes takes handwritten notes or converts them to typed text, organizes into folders, and adds multimedia like PDF, audio, etc.
- Expensive, that is price of INR 157900.00 or $1908.06 and Apple Pencil has to be procured separately.
2. Apple iPad Air 2
iPad Air 2 with 6.1 mm thickness and is 18% thinner than other models with a sleek and simple design. It is one of best tablets for note-taking.
- This best tablets for note-taking has 9* 5* 0.2-inch dimensions with 1.10 lbs.
- 9.7-inch retina display screen and new 8MP rear camera with f/2.4 aperture with 1.12-micron pixels making it best digital note taking device.
- Touch ID to unlock tablet and one row of larger speaker holes to offer great audio quality.
- Improved Wi-Fi wireless communication performance with 802.11a/b/g/ac wireless type and uses two internal aerials.
- Gives 2*2 MIMO configuration and has 1536*2048 native screen resolution.
- iOS 8.1 is upgradable to 10.1, 2 numbers of 2.4 GHz processor, and comes with Apple A8X CPU to offer better performance.
- 16 GB storage and PowerVR Graphics Coprocessor.
- Video capturing in 1080p HD videos, slo-mo videos, time-lapse images, etc.
- Best for multimedia experience by pairing with Apple Pencil (2nd generation) or Magic Keyboard.
- Install apps like Microsoft OneNote.
- Draw graphs, and rough diagrams, paint in color, mark up documents, scribble, marginal notes, or affix signatures to documents.
- Battery life of 4 to 6 hours based on performance rate and corded electric power source.
- Price is $164.73.
3. Samsung Galaxy Tab A7 10.4 Inch
Samsung Galaxy A7 Tab with 10.4-inch screen and premium design with display resolution of 2000*1200, Android Q OS, and Qualcomm processor, making it one of best tablet for taking handwritten notes.
- Dimensions of 0.28* 6.2* 9.75 inches and light weight of 10.4 lbs.
- Colors include silver, gold, and grey.
- Snapdragon processor with 3 GB of RAM and two different storage options with expandable storage up to 64 GB flash memory size.
- Huge battery, headphone jack, quad speakers, 8MP rear webcam, and Dolby Atmos surround sound, making it best digital note taking device.
- Supports wireless communication technology like Wi-Fi and Bluetooth, and note taking apps like Samsung Notes.
- Long battery life but gives no kids mode.
- Price is $189.99.
4. Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 Lite 10.4 Inch
Samsung Galaxy S6 Tab with 10.4-inch screen uses sAMOLED technology for crisp 4K to 8K resolution playback with Clear display with 2000* 1200-display resolution. It is also one of best tablets for note-taking.
- Long lasting battery life with around 12 hours with 45W fast charger in a single charge in just 2 hours and charge using USB-C port.
- S-pen stylus for doodle activity, 0.28* 6.07* 9.63-inch dimensions, and weighs 1.01 lbs.
- Android 10 OS and 2.3 GHz processor, 4 GB RAM and 64 GB storage, SSD configured up to 512 GB of storage and supports microSD card up to 1TB.
- Supports wireless Communication technology like Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and GPS and pairs Samsung smartphones to transfer files or give dual-monitor experience. Bluetooth connectivity to use wireless keyboards and mice to turn tablets into Laptops.
- Price of best tablets for note-taking is $269.00.
Also Read: How to Turn Off Samsung Tablet S6 Lite
5. Samsung Galaxy Tab Active 2.8
Another one of best tablets for note-taking is Samsung Galaxy Active 2.8 Tab, 0.39* 5.02* 8.45-inch dimensions, weighs 0.92 lbs, 8-inch screen size, black color, solid design, and clear display.
- IP68 to make it water, drop, dust, and shock-resistant product with rubber case and holder for S pen and stylus, making it best digital note taking device.
- Android 9.1 Pie OS with Mail-T830 MP1 processor, Android 7.1.1 Nougat operation on a 1.6 GHz Samsung Exynos 7870 processor.
- 3 GB of RAM and 16 GB storage, integrated microSD card up to 256 GB storage with 802.11abg wireless type, and replaceable 4450mAh battery with 11 hours battery life.
- Price is $503.00.
6. Lenovo Tab M10 Plus
Lenovo M10 Plus with 10.3-inch screen for good budget with high-end premium metal build quality, stable, and comfortable design, no air gap in touchscreen, gray color, 9.6* 6.04* 0.33-inch dimensions, and 1.40 lbs weight. It is one of best tablets for note-taking.
- 4 GB RAM and minimum of 64 GB internal storage capacity, Android 9 Pie OS, 8 numbers of 2.3 GHz processor, and MediaTek Helio P22T octa-core processor.
- Full HD resolution of 1920*1200 pixels with bright and good color reproduction. 5MP rear webcam resolution.
- Works with standard apps like Skype and game apps like PUBG Mobile but monitor tablet and restrict specific access to features.
- Price is $119.99 making it cheap note taking tablet.
Also Read: 24 Best Free Typing Software for PC
7. Lenovo Yoga Tab 3 Pro
Lenovo Yoga Tab 3 Pro, 10.1-inch screen with 2K IPS display, uses Android OS, is suited with any pen, and has waterproof display, making it one of best tablet for taking handwritten notes.
- Multi-mode position using side hinge or side stand to support tab but limited accessories in the tab.
- Price is $348.99.
8. Boox Note Air 2 10.3 E-Ink Notepad
One of best digital note taking devices is Boox note, which is another version of the e-reader ONYX BOOX device. Boox Note Air 2 10.3 E-Ink Notepad with Screen size is 10.3”, upgraded from the 7.7” Nova3 model, touch screen, and thinnest E-ink tablet with 5.8 mm thick design.
- 227dpi sensitivity for touch gesture control, but can be difficult. Allows switching between interfaces and taking screenshots with a swipe.
- Supports 17 file formats, adds bookmarks, front light to support comfortable viewing, and layers to draw with foreground and background aspects.
- Enables screen casting feature, 4-week battery life on Standby mode, and 64 GB memory size.
- Share notes, use built-in browser and Wi-Fi, and download apps like Kindle Reader and other third-party apps.
- Use stylus to affix signature, write marginal notes, mark up or edit documents, annotations, or take down notes, connect to Bluetooth speakers to convert text to speech or play music of WAV and MP3 file formats, or use earphone jack for wired audio setup.
- Use Card reader paired with large microSD card but supports only Android OS.
- Price is 499.99.
9. Boox Note Air 10.3 Notepad
Classy Boox Note Air 10.3 Notepad, weighs only 0.98 kilograms, Screen size of 10.3-inch with 227dpi HD screen and thickness of 5.3 mm, making it one of best tablets for note-taking.
- Sturdy design with flat screen has layers and aluminum pieces to withstand pressure, robust notepad, and excellent features to read, annotate, and create projects, making it best digital note taking device.
- USB-C charger port and ON/ OFF switch, anti-glare coating on front surface to work regardless of lighting conditions, and different modes of screen brightness to configure between warm and cool modes or adjust brightness.
- 3 GB RAM, 32 GB of internal memory, and allows other Android apps to access features and play MP3 files.
- Battery life lasts up to a day and is expensive, price of $479.99.
10. Boox Note 2
Boox Note 2 with 10.3-inch screen powered by Android 9.0 and has built-in security-sensitive features
- Optimized fingerprint scanner at the back, mighty processor, and SD card slot.
- Best for creative people but expensive, price is $499.99.
Also Read: 21 Best Free Visio Alternatives Online
11. Wacom Intuos Graphics Drawing Tablet
Intuos Graphics Drawing Tablet, Lightweight of 8.11 ounces, dimensions of 7.87* 6.3* 0.35 inches, 7-inch screen size, black color, and durable.
- One micro USB port for USB connectivity technology improved stylus with higher pressure sensitivity and adapter-free wireless connectivity like Bluetooth and supports 802.11a wireless type.
- Two flash memory sizes and comes with Pro Pen 2, Chrome OS and is compatible with Windows 7 or later versions, and comes with 6 customizable ExpressKeys, touch ring, and multi-touch surface that offers fine-tuning surface texture, making it one of best tablet for taking handwritten notes.
- No free software, and price is $59.99, making it cheap note taking tablet.
12. Cintiq Pro 24-Inch
Cintiq Pro 24-inch screen with etched glass to reduce glare and features 4K resolution, over 1 billion colors, and wide range of options, making it one of best digital note taking device.
- Avoid eyestrain and get tilt up to 20 degrees using legs and 14ms response time with no virtual input lag.
- Stylus pen can handle 8100 pressure levels and recognize 60 degrees of tilt to write, draw, zoom, or pan.
- Includes remote with 17 programmable buttons to create custom inputs for favorite programs, On-screen keypad and radial menu with more one-touch inputs at control, and Compatible with Windows and macOS-based PCs and connect screen using USB-C, HDMI, or DisplayPort cables.
- Battery lasts for a single day on tablet and 5 months in pen with a full charge.
- Price is $649.99.
13. Microsoft Surface Go
Microsoft Surface Go with Portable touchscreen versatile 2-in-1 tablet and laptop and input using fingers or surface pen stylus and sleek and simple design, 10-inch LCD screen and high-resolution 10-inch PixelSense touchscreen display.
- Compatible with Surface Pen, Intel Pentium Gold processor, and integrated Intel HD Graphics 615 processor, 1800* 1200-pixel display resolution with 9.65* 6.9* 0.33-inch dimensions size and weighs 1.3 pounds.
- Runs Windows 10 Home OS in S mode with 1.6 GHz 8032 processor and is good for casual computing, making it one of best tablets for note-taking.
- Get Laptop mode, Tablet mode, or Studio mode, 4 or 8 GB RAM, and 64 or 128 GB of solid-state Flash Memory Solid State, and increase storage using microSD card reader.
- Wireless communication like Wi-Fi connectivity with 802.11abg wireless type and optional LTE data connectivity, making it best digital note taking device.
- Secured from unauthorized access using facial recognition software in front-facing cameras and avoids password login.
- Battery life of 9 hours in unplugged power source and gives quick charging option using USB-C.
- Price is $499.99.
14. Microsoft Surface Pro X
Microsoft Surface Pro X with 13-inch screen Laptop and Tablet or 2-in-1 form factor for edge-to-edge work surface.
- Edit documents and photos, take video calls, or update web pages, internal memory storage of 8 to 16 GB of RAM, and supports SSDs up to 512 GB or choose storage or swap SSD for flexibility.
- Connect Surface Keyboard and Slim Pen for traditional typing or handwriting notes, or connect using Wi-Fi and Gigabit LTE cellular data to work with or without Internet connection.
- Works with Windows Hello facial recognition software and BitLocker for biometric logins and data encryption to secure information.
- Integrated battery gives up to 15 hours on a full charge.
- Price is $699.99.
Also Read: How to Remove Watermarks From Word Documents
15. Amazon Fire HD 10
Best budget, Amazon Fire HD 10 with 10.1-inch display but entry-level tablet, tons of features for home and office-based professionals to read and edit documents, browse web, or take notes, making it one of best tablet for taking handwritten notes.
- 1080p HD resolution, Picture-in-picture function, and Alexa built-in for hands-free voice controls using the Alexa virtual assistant.
- Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity, connect to peripheral devices, expand memory with microSD cards, and case helps in protecting from bumps, making it best digital note taking device.
- Integrated battery gives 12 hours of use per full charge, which requires 4 hours, through USB-C quick charging.
- Price is $149.99, making it cheap note taking tablet.
16. Kindle Scribe
Kindle Scribe with 10.2-inch display and Stylus, 300-dpi touchscreen, and 16 GB storage.
- Note taking and annotation support, limited to PDFs, or taking handwritten notes using sticky notes, other apps are incompatible and pin them to screen.
- 18 notebook templates inclusive of 6 line options, graphing paper, musical notation, and to-do lists.
- Send ePub files to kindle via Amazon’s Whispersync service or export via email for conversation.
- Limiting software such as zooming out completely to swipe to next page and lacks features like inserting equations, converting handwriting to text, or adjusting font size or layout.
- Price is $249.99.
17. Boogie Board Blackboard Smart Notebook
Boogie Board Blackboard Smart Notebook is Best for sticky-note users.
- Simple and functional with sleek design and easy to use.
- Screen size is 5” x11”.
- Blackboard writing tablet uses Boogie Board’s patented advanced Liquid Crystal Paper Technology made of scientifically engineered materials.
- Offers natural writing experience.
- Bright and durable screen with long life period making it one of best tablets for note-taking. However, only compatible with black screen and has poor contrast.
- Blackboard app for Android and iOS users with Templates including dot, grid, planner, lines, or blank.
- Includes scan-to-save app, making it best digital note taking device.
- Battery life is high for a small coin battery and avoids need for charging.
- Quick clear and exact-erase technology. Feature ensures to enhanced efficiency, speed, and convenience.
- Lock tablet with Erase-Lock button to avoid accidental erasures.
- Use Blackboard mobile app to save files to your phone.
- Price is $129.99 (budget friendly) making it cheap note taking tablet.
18. Newyes Robot Pad
Newyes Robot Pad is simpler version of Boogie Board and kid-friendly digital whiteboard.
- Thin design with low weight, plain and simple with no frills.
- 8.5” screen size and 6-month battery life.
- Write and erase using the erase button.
- Comes with two big magnets to allow attaching it to a metallic surface
- No productivity-focused tool like one-use note functionality, and is void of storing or syncing options.
- Price is INR 4465 or $55.65 making it cheap note taking tablet.
Also Read: 28 Best File Copy Software for Windows
19. iskn Repaper Xlite Tablet
iskn Repaper Xlite Tablet is Best pencil and paper graphics tablet for Artists with screen size of 5” x 7.3”, making it best tablet for taking handwritten notes.
- Efficient and lightweight, simple to use, and can handle 8192 Pressure levels.
- Versatile and regular creative setup with incredible functionality.
- 7 hours battery life and free from distractions to allow focus, blocks notifications, social media, or email.
- Create time-lapse, watch and edit creations in real-time videos, and sync with Bluetooth connection or USB cable to PC or personal device.
- Highly sensitive stylus and compatible with any pencil, making it best digital note taking device. Use real pencil by adding iskn ring around the pen and paper up to 0.27” thick, clip it in, and align.
- Uses Photoshop, Illustrator, and other similar programs in the tethered device, and uses Imagink app to use various artsy tools for drawing.
- Issues with calibration and limits magnetic travel and parts can be easily misplaced.
- Price is $129.00.
20. Sony DPT- CP1/B 10” Digital Tablet
Sony Digital Tablet with simple tech to provide alternative options to read, annotate documents, and take handwritten notes.
- Tall and slender high-end digital notebook with 10.3-inch size, Thin, lightweight, that is 8.5 oz., easy readability, and Low-glare screen with high-contrast display and allows direct sunlight visibility.
- Precision writing and annotating documents on paper-like texture.
- Easy to carry and suited for long-term comfort.
- Lacks customer support, is not durable, and limited usage options.
- Good aspect ratio and ergonomic design uses Windows OS system and can sync work to the cloud.
- A bit bulky in size and costs $999.00.
21. reMarkable Paper Tablet
reMarkable Paper Tablet gives Feeling of reading and writing on paper and balance between functionality and niftiness.
- 10.3-inch screen, good storage of 512 MB RAM, and 8 GB of hard drive with reliable OS.
- Large and sunlight friendly display using the CANVAS technology makes best tablets for note-taking. Does not require backlight or glass screen. Low latency and glare-free screen, anti-glare and easy readability supported, and distraction-free design.
- Use for long periods in various levels of brightness and lighting functionality, write notes or sketch ideas with writing pad, and take notes directly on PDFs, making it best digital note taking device.
- Integrate with cloud services like Google Drive, Microsoft OneDrive, and Dropbox, and continuous synchronizing is possible, to import Microsoft files and web articles, or export PDfs, e-books, notes, and doodles through Wi-Fi.
- Long battery life up to 2 weeks, pen is not pressure sensitive, requires frequent replacement, requires monthly subscription, and is a bit bulky.
- Price is $299.00.
22. UGEE U Series
UGEE U Series is Simple, easy to use, versatile design, Wide range of color and style options, and small size for working that are 9”. It is also one of best tablets for note-taking.
- Pair with an Android or iOS device through Bluetooth connection to view, edit and adjust sketches in real-time for Live view computer screen style.
- Organize and store files, including pen, good resolution and sRGB, good for Photoshop, and exchange between pen and eraser using a button, making it one of best tablet for taking handwritten notes.
- Connection to monitor display is necessary, plugged-in power supply and uncertain battery life.
- Price is $277.99.
Also Read: 25 Best Free Web Crawler Tools
23. LikeBook Ares- Note
LikeBook Ares-Note is Best portable digital notebook, 7.8-inch E-ink Carta HD screen to draw, read, or create, and does not strain eyes.
- Replicates paperback notebook experience with little more light, reliable functionality of Android 8.1 system, and AI recognition to convert handwriting to text.
- Contender allows editing and sharing or exporting notes as PDF to PC, and 24 Wacom layers of black and white contrast provide numerous grayscale and shadowing options for drawing, making it best digital note taking device.
- USB Type-C support, microSD card slot with additional storage of up to 128 GB, and WACOM stylus pen with thousands of pressure-sensitive points accurately reflect writing or drawing strokes on screen.
- Text-to-speech feature to read notes and eBooks, sync notes to cloud or apps, or share notes using a QR code.
- Long battery life and is used to download e-reader apps, resolution cannot be appreciated, and has large bezels.
24. JONZOO LCD Writing Tablet
JONZOO LCD Writing Tablet, 11” lightweight tablet with built-in magnets at back of erasable electronic notepad to stick to other surfaces and fit compatible pen at top.
- Stylus dock features with replaceable coin battery of lithium-ion, which lasts for months, replacement for sticky notes, memo pads, or erase background, and convert handwritten notes to text, sync with other devices.
- Rewrite on unlimited smart paper on LCD panel screen reflects natural light and avoid glare.
- Basic with no frills and does not support connecting to PC.
- Price is $15.99, making it cheap note taking tablet.
25. Dragon Touch Notepad K10 Tablet
Premium metal body in black color, 9.5* 6.69* 0.39 inches in dimension, and weighs 1.92 pounds, making Dragon Touch Notepad K10 Tablet, best tablets for note-taking.
- Multi-function tablet with numerous features, 1280*800 IPS display or pixel resolution, and 10.1-inch tablet screen.
- Android 9.0 Pie OS, has 4 numbers of quad-core 1.3 GHz processor to provide no lag, good connectivity with dual-band Wi-Fi option, and has 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz Wi-Fi capabilities, making it best digital note taking device.
- microSD card slot, 2 GB RAM, 32 GB storage, and up to 128 GB of data memory, front and 2MP resolution rear cameras with micro USB and micro HDMI ports for connection and charging.
- 6 hours of battery life, suited for basic tasks, and has Google Play services, and Note-taking apps like Evernote, Microsoft OneNote, Squid, and Google Keep.
- Price is $129.99 but has poor update support.
MobiScribe with 6.8-inch Wacom screen and writing using finger or stylus operates on e-ink technology and neither strain the eye nor disturb reading under the sun.
- Exclusive notepad for taking notes, sketching, reading eBooks, and reverse pen to erase writing on screen using the eraser tip, making it one of best tablet for taking handwritten notes.
- Responsive built-in Notes app with limitless number of pages and navigate using arrows at top or swipe sideward.
- Different backgrounds and templates such as lined pages, sheet music, graphs, dotted pages, and more.
- Longer battery life of up to a week on a single charge, with 8 GB built-in storage can be expanded up to 32 GB using a microSD card in the slot.
- Lacks handwriting-to-text feature and notes are saved as images only.
27. Kobo Elipsa
Kobo is a smaller company that made the first waterproof e-reader with 32 GB storage, 227 dpi resolution, and blue front light, making it one of best digital note taking device.
- 10.3-inch device with stylus, which can be used on any PDF or Kobo ePub and files, are integrated with eBook library service or OverDrive to help access, browse and download library books.
- Alter margins, line spacing, fonts, and font size irrespective of the screen size.
- Battery life can be extended to weeks based on the usage.
- Price is $399.99.
28. Cimetech LCD Writing Tablet
Cimetech LCD Writing Tablet is Suited for kids and multi-purpose tablet, 12-inch screen size, black color, and replaceable two CR2 batteries with NiMH battery cell composition. It is also one of best tablets for note-taking.
- 11.81* 8.27* 0.55-inch dimensions, 9.9 ounces weight, LCD pressure-sensitive technology and comes with a Stylus.
- Safer battery setting with added screw on back of battery, Lock key feature, and one-click clear button.
- Price is $12.99, making it cheap note taking tablet.
Also Read: 31 Best Web Scraping Tools
29. HUION New 1060 Plus Drawing Tablet
HUION New 1060 Plus Drawing Tablet is Suited for art professionals with 12 shortcut keys at side and pen has 8192 manipulative pressure points, making it one of best tablets for note-taking.
- Syncing with other devices and in-built memory available.
- Price is $80.00, making it cheap note taking tablet.
- 45+ Best Web Series Telegram Channels
- 19 Best Music Recording App for Android
- 13 Best Habit Tracking Apps For Android
- 10 Best Note Taking Apps For Android 2022
Best digital note taking device are explained in the article. Please let us know which of best tablet for taking handwritten notes seemed to be your fit. In addition to these, please spare a few minutes to let us know of your valuable suggestions and queries in the comments section.