Whether you are a YouTube who records voice-overs, and aesthetic videos, or a student taking notes, music recording apps are your savior. You can use them to record clear and crisp voice from anywhere at any moment of the day. The best part is that many of these apps are equipped with other editing features which cut your workload and make things more convenient. But with so many best music recording app for android options, you may get confused. Read this article to learn about 19 recording apps, their features, and find your ideal best music recording app for Android free download.
Best Music Recording App for Android
Fortunately, there are multiple apps that help you record impeccable sound quality without heavy equipment. They are packed with different features and are capable of being no less than a studio for beginners. If you too are looking for something similar then you have come to the right place.
1. BandLab – Music Making Studio
BandLab is a complete digital audio workstation (DAW) that accompanies by traveling in your pocket. This app is available for free and is surprisingly packed with more features than you can imagine. It features an all-new sampler which helps you create or record different sounds that you hear.
- You can connect with like-minded music enthusiasts
- The app automatically matches potential collaborators who have similar taste like you.
- BandLab features a vast library of loops which you can freestyle and remix to make an entirely new tape.
- You can remix public tracks to add your personal touch and create something quirky.
- It has a tuner and metronome which are crucial for all music producers.
- You can pick from over 15,000 sounds or import your own in the app.
- It also features a 16-Track Studio and 300+ MDI instruments.
- You can upgrade your game with BandLab in-app purchases.
Riverside.fm is a great music recording app. It lets you record high-quality content from anywhere and anytime with just your smartphone. The best thing about this app is that it is independent of internet connection. In other words, your recording will have crisp quality despite the unstable internet.
- It has an easy-to-use user interface.
- Riverside automatically uploads all files to the cloud.
- You can use it to record HD video and audio.
- It is free to use.
- Riverside.fm is available for Android users only.
- Editing features are only available for desktop version.
- Riverside.fm saves audio as WAV or MP3 files and video files in 4K resolution.
Also Read: 14 Best Call Recording App for Android
3. Dolby On: Record Audio & Music
Dolby On helps you transform your basic smartphone into a fully-fledged music recording studio. Dolby On lets you record sounds, songs, voice memos, lyrics, beats, and so much more with just one app. It is packed with features like spatial audio, EQ, noise reduction, and whatnot. With this best music recording app for Android, you will never have to compromise with your sound quality ever.
- It is available for free for Android.
- You can share your awesome music creations directly to Soundcloud or social media apps.
- You can use its audio editor to trim recordings.
- Dolby On features multiple audio presets.
- Dolby Dynamic EQ helps in achieving fine-tuned treble and bass.
- You can use an external mic with Dolby On.
4. MixPad Multitrack Mixer
This is another great option for Android users. MixPad Multitrack Mixer is equipped with recording and editing tools that you will need to create awesome tracks and compositions using your smartphone. Although the interface might be complicated for some users, things will get easy once you understand it. It is a great app to record, edit, trim, or split tracks.
- You can mix and create unlimited music tracks on MixPad.
- MixPad lets you save files in MP3 and other formats.
- This app supports 6 kHz- 96 kHz sample rates.
- You can pick sound effects from an extensive music library.
- It does not offer much file sharing options.
5. FL STUDIO MOBILE
You can use the FL Studio Mobile app to create astonishing music gems on Chromebook, smartphone, or tablet. Moreover, this app lets your tracks via Wi-Fi or Cloud. Although it is available for free, you can upgrade the available features with in-app purchases. Another amusing thing is that FL Studio Mobile lets you record over instruments.
- It is a paid app.
- It offers a virtual piano keyboard and drum pads for better experience.
- The UI is easily configurable with different screen sizes and resolutions.
- You can browse presets and enjoy the preview.
- FL Studio Mobile features a sampler, virtual drum kits, synthesizers, and more such tools.
Also Read: 17 Best WiFi Calling App for Android
6. Voloco: Auto Vocal Tune Studio
With hundreds of position reviews and 50 million downloads, Voloco stands out as one of the best options. On Voloco, you can check out the best and most amazing tracks created by fellow users. This best music recording app for Android lets you use lyrics or beats from a song and remix everything with something of your own to create a magical music track. This is done with its vocal remover feature that reduces your work and provides efficiency.
- It is free and available for Android users.
- You can upgrade your current Voloco features with in-app purchases.
- Voloco offers 50+ presets ranging from the most basic to cutting-edge ones.
- This app offers a lyrics pad where you can write down everything you may need to make the best track ever recorded.
7. Walk Band- Multitracks Music
Walk Band is not your usual audio recording app. Instead, it is a one-stop-shop for your different recording and editing requirements. You can use Walk Band on your Android smartphone to incorporate several music instruments from the app into your tracks. It is fun, easy to use, and free.
- You can share your creations on Cloud with Walk Band.
- It features instruments like a virtual piano keyboard, guitar, drum pad, drum machine, and so on.
- Walk Band is available for free.
- The app is available only for Android users.
- You can also go for in-app purchases and unlock more features.
- It features MIDI to MP3 conversion.
8. Smart Voice Recorder
Smart Voice Recorder is a free and beginner-friendly music recording app. It features easy Wave/PCM encoding with adjustable sample rate. It is around 8-44 kHz. In other words, the app is designed for long uninterrupted recording sessions. You can use it to create quality tracks at home without investing in an expense studio.
- Smart Voice Recorder lets you create, pause, resume, cancel, or save your creations anytime you wish.
- You can manually set sensitivity control.
- It has a live audio spectrum analyzer.
- You can continue recording even if the screen is off.
- The app is light for your smartphone and goes easy on the battery.
Also Read: 80 Best Websites for Boredom
9. RecForge II – Audio Recorder
With RecForge II- Audio Recorder, you can record, edit, pause, resume, merge, and do much with just a few taps. This music recording app is a great option for people who love music a little more than others. If you want to use your smartphone as a recording studio, RecForge II lets you do so on Android for free. Continue reading to know the feature of this app among the other best recording apps for Android.
- It is a highly customizable music recording app.
- You can use an external mic for recording with RecForge II.
- RecForge II is equipped with numerous editing tools which helps you do the job at one place only.
- The app supports numerous audio formats from 8 to 48kHz.
10. ASR Voice Recorder
ASR Voice Recorder is a free beginner-friendly recording app. It lets you create unlimited recordings and is equipped with features you need for the same. Moreover, ASR lets you add notes while you are recording so that you do not miss out anything urgent. It has an attractive interface which might make things exciting for new users.
- It is available in multiple languages for maximum user satisfaction.
- You can record tracks in multiple formats including AMR, MP3, M4A, WAV, OGG, etc.
- ASR Voice Recorder offers Cloud integration for OneDrive, Google Drive, WebDav, Dropbox, and more.
- You can use an external microphone with this app.
- The app comes with an audio converter which helps to cut and save specific parts from a recording.
11. Easy Voice Recorder
Easy Voice Recorder is a popular option in this list. It is easy to use and works perfectly for beginners as well as seasoned music makers. The best thing is that this recording app does not impose any limit on the number of tracks created. Therefore, you can use its features to create as many mesmerizing tracks as you want. Below we have mentioned more features of this best music recording app for Android.
- Easy Voice Recorder offers light and dark themes so that you can make the app more personalized.
- It offers OS support which enables the user to record from their smartwatch.
- You can quickly get down to recording with widgets and shortcuts.
- Users can get more features with in-app purchases.
Also Read: 20 Best App for Reducing Screen Brightness
12. Hi-Q MP3 Voice Recorder (Pro)
If you want to level up your music recording sessions, Hi-Q MP3 Voice Recorder (Pro) is the right option. It is equipped with multiple customization options and features that you surely need to record and edit music tracks. Although this might not be the best app in this list, you can surely use it to brush up your basics.
- The app lets you transfer recordings to a PC wirelessly using its in-built Wi-Fi transfer feature.
- Hi-Q MP3 Voice Recorder also lets you share, sort, rename, or delete recordings for better management.
- You can also record in WAV, OGG, M4A, and FLAC (experimental) formats.
13. WaveEditor Record & Edit Audio
WaveEditor is a free music recording app for Android. This professional tool acts as your mini studio where you can record, edit, and trim tracks with high-quality tools. Moreover, it supports multiple file types which makes it suitable for almost everyone.
- It has an in-built browser so you can quick access your files.
- This recording app supports WAV or MP3 recording formats.
- WaveEditor is equipped with multiple effects like chorus, crusher, reverb, stereo mixer, and whatnot.
- It has an amplitude meter, oscilloscope, spectrogram, and more such tools.
- WaveEditor offers USB microphone support.
14. Anchor – Make Your Own Podcast
Anchor is the easiest and simplest way to make your own podcast. It is offered by none other than Spotify which makes it more reliable and efficient than many other apps. You can grow and monetize your creations with just a smartphone using this best music recording app for Android. The best thing is that Anchor lets you share your musical creations on platforms like Spotify, Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, and so on.
- You can earn money every time people listen to your podcast using ads.
- Using detailed analytics dashboard, you can carefully analyze every episode to understand what your audience likes more.
- You can remix audio from your listeners and create your own tracks.
- Anchor app is compatible with an external mic.
- It is free and lets you host unlimited episodes.
Also Read: 24 Best Adobe Illustrator Free Alternative
SunVox is a beginner-friendly cross-platform app. It lets you create the best music using its fast and power=packed features. Moreover, SunVox is equipped with multiple features and is a great way to test your skills. Here are the other features of this option in this list of best recording apps for Android.
- SunVox is a paid music recording app.
- It has an attractive modern interface.
- SunVox is available for Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, and Mac.
- This app has a great microtonal sequencer.
- It supports MIDI import/export like a pro.
16. ROLAND ZENBEATS Music Creation
Roland Zenbeats is a great app for people who are intermediate. If you want to mix classic sounds with a modern touch, you should go for this best music recording app for Android free download. Like other similar recording apps, Roland lets you adjust everything to your preference with just one tap. You can also get your hands on the Roland Cloud Membership for as little as $2.99 USD/month.
- Roland Zenbeats is available for free on Google Play Store.
- You can upgrade Roland features with in-app purchases.
- This app features 2000+ presets, sounds, and loops to help users put their creativity to use.
- You can use Roland Zenbeats to edit and master your skills.
17. RD4 GROOVEBOX
RD4 Groovebox is another great option in this list. It has so many features that will definitely make you go crazy to try everything altogether. Accordingly, this might not be ideal for beginners as you can get confused easily. Nonetheless, its never-ending features make RD4 Groovebox best music recording app for Android.
- It is a paid app.
- You get 4 channel rack mixers and instrument selection for each channel.
- RD4 Groovebox features OpenSL for low latency and better performance.
- It also has customized layouts for phones as well as tablets.
- The app features USB MIDI support.
- You can connect a controller or external MIDI keyboard.
Also Read: 50 Best Abandonware Games for PC
18. The Metronome by Soundbrenner
Metronome by Soundbrenner is what every beginner in the sound industry needs. It is free and has multiple features to cater different needs. Metronome acts as a professional tool that is designed to help you record top-notch podcasts and music tracks with ease.
- This app is easy to use which makes it a great option for novices.
- It is equipped with features like USB MIDI and Bluetooth MIDI.
- Metronome offers better control over settings and features for more precision.
- It offers 20+ sounds.
- You can also switch between dark and light theme.
19. RecForge Lite – Audio Recorder
Using RecForge Lite, you can record, edit, pause, resume, loop, or convert files with just one touch. You can further share your recordings on SoundCloud, Bluetooth, Dropbox, Ubuntu One, SkyDrive, Google Drive, and more. This is a great app that lets you exercise better control by simply disabling the automatic gain control feature.
- It is free and available for Android only.
- You can enjoy language translations in 10+ languages.
- This app offers different widget options.
- RecForge Lite lets you record in mp3, wav, and Ogg.
- You can continue recording in the background even if the phone screen is locked.
- DoorDash Gift Card Codes: Redeem Now
- Best Bluetooth Speakers Under 5000
- How to Recover Deleted Comments on Instagram
- 14 Best Browser for Android TV
We hope this articled helped you in finding best music recording app for Android. If so, let us know which one you picked in the comments down below. Also share your feedback and what you would like to read next.